New usf4 Adon mu thread

ok… so what’s you guys take on our character’s matchups in this version? From me playing, I feel like the matchups have change quite a bit.

out of 10 (W/L)… let’s please keep this thread centered on the character matchups themselves… wins v/s losses and why… not videos etc. I’ll give the matchups I feel are most prevalent and I’d like to hear your opinions too. I’m still a beginner, but here’s my take on a few I can note:

all are up for debate and I’m really looking forward to responses.

Ryu (6/4)
Ken (5/5)
Oni (8/2)
Akuma (5/5)
E. Ryu (3/7)
Gouken (6/4)
Sagat (7/3)
Sakura (6/4)
Poison(3/7)
Dan (8/2)
Guy (3/7)
Bison (3/7)
Blanka (6/4)
Viper (2/8)
Honda (7/3)
Dhalsim (5/5)
Abel (6/4)
Decapre (6/4)
Ibuki (3/7)
Dudley(7/3)
Elena(4/6)… I think this may be more so because of me not knowing what to do with the MU
Yang(5/5)
Yun(3/7)… don’t ever know when to hit back… he just keeps pinning me down I guess I could JT to get out?
Zangeif (3/7)
T.Hawk(3/7)
Hugo(6/4) people say this is bad match for adon, but I haven’t had problems with it at my level (about 1000 pp)
Boxer(6/4)
guille(7/3)
Fei(4/6)
Rose(3/7)
Makoto(3/7)
Vega (3/7) I just have no idea how to play this match
Fuerte(5/5)

…ok, I didn’t even intend on listing this many but this is how I see the mu’s from my perspective. What I would like as responses are “hey… you should NOT be having problem with Vega. what you have to do is x,y,z…” or “oh no way you should win against Guille so easy. Probably the level you’re playing against because x,y,z… typically happens”, etc…

and mods, I would have added this to the “matchups” thread, but I see it as totally different than what’s going on in the matchups thread

Just from glancing over your post:

Adon doesn’t beat Oni 8-2, its a typical shoto MU but Oni has amazing anti airs and some decent buttons to play footsies with Adon. Not to mention he can take like half of Adons lifebar if he’s got a couple bars stocked up.

Honda beats Adon IMO.

Hugo beats Adon.

Adon is either even with or beats Rose.

Adon beats Vega.

Boxer beats Adon.

If you’re looking at matchups from around the 1000 pp level…then these are not going to be accurate as that’s too low of a level to even realize how the MU’s are supposed to be played.

aaaaah… ok… I see. but I genuinely have issues with certain characters over others

Maybe the thread topic is a bit misleading … you want to know what your problems are in certain MU and how to overcome this problems.

There are several MU in you list that are very wrong BUT this only applies on a higher level of play … no offense.

In general on the 1000-2000 pp level (if this ever can be any kind of skill meter … I do doubt this … but nvm) there are just some rules of thumb regarding the MU:

Adon beats shotos … normally I would say 6/4 … Akuma can be different but I would say in Ultra it is 5/5
Adon struggles against all kind of 1 and 2 frame grapplers … just because you can t really use JKs JTs and now IAJKs without proper spacing
Fast footsie + defensive/turtel chars give Adon problems … Bison + Balrog as an example …
Chars without 3 frame DP + Adons fuzzy guard shenanigans works on are all in Adons favor in my opininon … especially Vega
Adon is very good against FB chars … they should all be 6/4 in his favor … Guile is no 7/3 MU anymore … it is in Adons favor on high level …

Sry that I cant go into detail about specific MUs …

A lot of this stuff is only based on the fact that the players are on the same high level of skill and they know the MU in and out … which … to be honest is seldom the case.

Cheers

awesome! this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for! thank you sir!