New to CvS2? Read here before asking questions!

RC X box

Buktooth stated RC is removed in X box EO but I can rc on my x box…just thought i would say something had no idea about the blanka rc he mentiond tho thats cool shit

Got a few questions that seem like they’ve probably been asked elsewhere, but a quick check revealed nothing. I’m fairly sure I have at least some idea about the answers to these, but it’s always good to get confirmation.

1. EVERYONE in high level play seems to play r1/r1/r2. What’s the reason for always having a 3 person team with the r2 at the end?

2. I see people refer to the team order as battery/user/anchor. I get that battery is a character that’s supposed to build meter but not use it, and the user is, presumably, the character that uses the meter you built with your battery. What’s the anchor for?

3.What’s the advantage to using the r1-battery/r1-user/r2-anchor method of organizing a team?

1. What should I look for in characters when deciding where to place them in the team order?
  1. If you look at the stats, ratio 1’s are unusually powerful in this game. If there was an option to pick 4 R1s then people would definitely go for that, just for the life total. Two R1s (depending on the character) have just as much life as a ratio 4…check Buktooth’s FAQs on gamefaqs

R2 at the end becuase that’s probably when most people start to play “for reals” and the higher damage output/more stamina gives them the advantage over someone who isn’t anchoring with an R2…

1. The Anchor is usually your best character, though sometimes people make their best character first to get rid of the other guy’s R1s, or maybe they put their best in the User position because they are able to use meter effectively while also REALLY needing the meter (Chun-Li, Morrigan, etc)

That’s why some people like to put Bison as their R2 anchor…he pretty much kills whoever is left after your R1s had their fun. All he has to do is land his custom, assuming you were ahead when your opponent got to your last character.

1. The battery provides meter for the user, and the anchor will (presumably) be difficult for your opponent to defeat. The battery does not necessarily rely on meter (Iori, Sakura, etc).

If you had Chun/Iori/Zangief2 as a team order, it would be all wrong…think about it for a sec. It’s not too hard to grasp; using Iori/Chun/(someone other than R2 Gief :rofl:) would be a much better order. I hope I don’t have to clarify why…

3.(#4 question I presume) - Honestly, go ahead and play around with this. For whatever reason, some people actually like using Chun as a battery; this question can only be answered by you since it’s preference based…but try to follow the batt/user/anchor rule for the best results

Next time you use the search function, look for Campbell’s Tip Of The Day, most of these questions are answered there too if you don’t trust me.

Thanks a lot :karate:

Where can I find frame data for CvS2? (stuff like the frame/attack data found in the CFE strategy guide)

Quick question on canceling as ive never really got my head round it, do i just pull off say rocks shining knuckle at level 2, then while he’s doing it, just pull off his ragin storm lvl 1? or do i have to cancel by pressing a specific button?

Cancels have to be done before the lvl 2 ends, and it doesn’t matter which button you use, 'cause you’ll only have a lvl 1 stored anyway. It’s more an issue of timing than which button to press.

It’s nice to know what’s lk, mk etc., but how to perform the commands? I am complete n00b, today bought the game. I play hardcore Tekken if it helps. Thanks for your reply in advance.

EDIT: Bought a booklet (the game was sold without it - not a new piece), it’s all there. Don’t reply me.

What does it mean when people say to tiger-knee a move?

back in the day in sf2 Sagat’s Tiger Knee move was performed by going:

:qcf: :uf: + kick

so when you tiger knee something, you’re usually tigerkneeing an air :qcf: move from the ground so that you end up doing the move “barely off the ground” … like Cable’s Air Hyper Viper Beam barely off the ground: http://ahvb.ytmnd.com or lets say Akuma’s air fireball so he throws it as he’s going up …

Ah I’ve done that before, just didn’t get the term.

Hello all.I have three nOOb questions:

1)I still dont understand that Ration things? What they are and how to use them. Can somebody reply? Thankx.

2)What is the best groove for CVS2 noobs and new commers.

3)i start to play as A-Groove Akuma, Sagat and Bison. But if i activate and start to make some CCs then they do very small dmg. Can somebody tell me what i do wrong or place here some link to thread about it,i dont found anyone. I watch a lot of videos and that wicked players can do half-energy damaging combos(like in last SOCAL vid. with Bison).

Thanx to everybody who helps.

1. a ratio determines how strong a character is. the higher the ratio, the more life and more damage the character will do. you should always pick two ratio 1 characters and one ratio 2 character. i dont feel like explaining why, but just trust me its the right thing to do.

2. c / n / k grooves are best for beginners.

3.whenever you’re doing your custom combos, you want to do your most damaging hits within the first 9 hits of the custom. after 9 hits all hits will do 100 damage only.

if anyone wants the cvs2 guidebook, i have the scan that smoothcat made, and i can send it to people over aim if you ask nicely.

what’s a CC? I keep hearing about them.

Custom Combo

WTh is BnB…??? haha and i love how you guys talk abut RC’ing like its EASY…tuant RC is easy…but doing supers and moves with it…INsanely hard

but… it is easy

hah maybe to you…im def not natural when it comes to fighting games…anyway you didnt answer my first question…whats BnB? also uhm …can anyone explain to me TOP tier and lower tier…haha and one more thing…how exaclty do you cancel supers…

It means Bread and Butter, its your basic meterless combo you use, some characters have several that lead to different mixups and so on.
Some are easier than others, some more rewarding than others.
Choose your character, choose your fate I guess.

Roll cancelling isn’t hard. Did you check out the first or second page of this thread? Theres good info there on it.
It’s not like you’d “see” the roll come out before you get the chance to cancel it, you’re basically doing the special with the roll inserted into the commands, or just prior to. Ease really depends on which character you’re playing as.
The more specials a character has, the more precision required of the RC, especially when they demand different directions on the stick.

Take Iori, you RC his qcb+HP, you have to watch for his hcb+K. The roll has to be done when the stick is either neutral, down, or down back. You can’t “cheat” by throwing out the roll at down forward in a hcb motion like with Rugal’s God Press or Hibiki’s qcb+P (both characters not having a move that could register like Iori’s hcb+K)