New to CVS2, coming from a KOF backround

I was never a capcom player, always felt thiere games were boring.
but i played the hell out SNK fighters for many year’s and i feel like it’s time to move on
and experiance other fighter’s starting from Capcom becouse gameplay wise thiere more similiar.
Also i played ALLOT of yatagarasu and i loved this game.
Anyway i started playing CVS2 and MY GOD the SNK cast is terrible(almost abomination lol)
any advice’s? i saw the tier list’s posted here earlier and i feel like im missing stuff.

This game is wierd as hell .
non of the combo’s from kof apply here,only 2 jump’s,no command normal’s , kyo’s rekka are not a real combo’s.6 button’s and the hard hit’s replace the CD.
HOW DO YOU PLAY THIS GAME?
Why the hell Yuri’s hand slap’s are blockable? WTF.
I need to check youtube for combo’s.

The first lesson to learn is to stop playing it like KoF and play it more like Alpha 2/3 with KoF characters. Until you learn to roll cancel and maybe get some A-groove shenanigans down, it’s going to be a very normal heavy, turtley game where you’re gonna rely more on characters with godlike normals (e.g. Sagar cr.HP).

Thenk you for the replay, ive been looking at combo video’s at youtube lately and this game is seriously lacking natural combo’s.
I really dont mind heavy use of normal’s becouse i come from KOF98 but damn some of the SNK characters are… i dont want to say garbage but they dont really even play like SF either.
Thus far i enjoy playig as Benimaru Yamazaki and King in the Ratio system which is ton’s of fun by itself.
This game is also very funny, i love the new sprite’s but i wish they were a bit more finished moveset wise.

Look up match videos instead of combo videos. Those’ll give you a better idea of how the game is meant to be played.

Also, most of the SNK characters aren’t that good. Based on BAS’s tier list (which is from a couple of years back so it may be a bit outdated), the ones that find their way into top tier teams are Iori, Hibiki, and Geese.