New Rufus Tech? I'm sure 9/10 of you don't know

…Rufus LK messiah on wake-up blows up meaty cr.LK. Think: Viper burnkick. Low invincibility.

Worst case scenario you force block, but you still have like 5+ options on block including delayed versions of the overhead, sweep, and axe kick. EX Messiah will go over meaty cr.shorts; LK Messiah forces the guessing game.

Nice find…will definitely test it out.
but what is the opponent does an os like cr.lk,cr mp

Block. Delayed EX Messiah or delayed LK Messiah.

The reason why Rufus EX Messiah goes over some people is because they do these meaty shorts on knockdown. Sakura, Seth, Ryu, and a few others can abuse the hell out of this and punish hard. But if they’re doing cr.LK, cr.LK then you’ll either hit them or they’ll block. If they do a cr.LK to an option select, then you block. The point, however, is to make your opponent aware that you have a reversal on wake-up that ignores low aimed attacks.

Good to throw out once in a while and gives Rufus another option on wake-up for people to think about.

Ill take whatever i can fucking get against viper, mu has officially turned my mind to mud >.>

I don’t know about other characters but I am pretty sure this does not work against Seth. His cr.LK does not need to be meaty for EX Messiah to whiff. If he decides to do it meaty then he has time to actually throw out an additional cr.LK and recover before LK Messiah even comes out. Which you could probably just chain OS cr.HP and blow Rufus up really, really hard compared to hitting and whiffing.

I’ll try this out tomorrow but I really just don’t see how this could work regardless. 24f is a long time, especially compared to the general length of cr.LKs. I don’t think you’d even have to worry about getting hit out of a frame trap most of the time, because you should be able to do a fast button on reaction to LK Messiah coming out after your cr.LK whiffs.

Maybe I’m missing something?

Sounds interesting. I’ve resigned myself to just blocking (trying to block) on wake-up and saving messiah for situations where I know it won’t whiff, so any extra option on wake-up is a welcome one!

Just try it for yourself. You’ll be surprised. This works especially well against Sagat’s who do meaty cr.shorts on Rufus knockdown which is why meaty stand jabs tend to be a better option for Sagat now 'n days.

I’m confused how this is better than just blocking. While it might work as a gimmick a few times, it seems like you’re just putting yourself into an even worse mixup situation as most characters can cover all the messiah follow-ups on block.

Don’t think of it as a reliable wake up option. Think:

• Wake-up EX Snake Strikes if you know your opponent is going to jump to bait messiah
  • Wake-up LP Snake Strike to give you temporarily low invincibility with a chance to hit opponents who stand

Obtaining a low messiah kick on block instead of being forced to block gives you an additional wake-up move (gimmicky) that can either:

1.) Work. And you get the LK follow-up.
2.) Block. Which allows you to FADC cancel, delay the axe kick, or move into his overhead or sweep.
3.) Option selected.

It’s not unbeatable, however, it gives your opponent something else to think about. The problem with EX Messiah is that people can essentially mash block strings on your wake-up knowing that they can take the EX Messiah hit and punish the rest once it flies over. It’s not a DP or an EX Messiah; simply another option that, at this moment, not many people know about it.

Ive been doing this since vanilla…

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2