New reset.. semi-inf

Alright I really need some other serious hulk heads to check this out and test it. Basicly its a reset that if blocked is a free air grab to OTG + relaunch (similar to guiles back breaker inf but harder to escape) and if not blocked leads to a combo into relaunch… so overall its a 2 branch semi-inf where 1 branch can be tech’d and the other rolled…

Here’s how it works… its really pretty cool… hulks sj.fp has some neat properties… it has a “vacuum” effect… and causes flying screen… hulk can also move in the air while doing it… and if done right… hulks sprite will crossup and even double crossup the opp if used how im bout to explain…

It’s VERY specific how you have to do this… but at the same time very stable and easy to do.

launch, jump up + fwd(not just up), then let the stick go neutral, lk, pause, lk (the lks slowly combo), then hit fwd+fp, hulks sprite will crossup and the cloud from the fp will hit your opp if they didnt change block sides… now if this happen’d the flying screen effect throws them AT you… meaning you can combo them on the way down and relaunch… amazing… OR if they did switch blocks… at this point they have been sucked to your back, and your sprite turns around just in time to grab… fucking perfectly. You are not very high at this point so you can OTG after the grab… hulk fans know this means you can relaunch or just do OTG falling fk, gamma charge xx super…

This is the sickest shit I’ve ever seen with hulk… and I’m sure there is more below the surface than I’ve found here… I found it looking for the most surefire way to land hulks air grab at an OTG friendly height with consistency from his launcher.

It works because hulks aerial fp is seemingly broken when it hits from the proper angle. In one scenario the vacuum effect causes them to be stuck to your back as you crossed up and they blocked. In the other scenario (the one where they failed to block the crossup) the flying screen is hitting at such a funky angle that after they are sucked in… they are thrown strait into you again… its crazy.

I feel like once mastered… this will be hulks BnB launcher combo if all works out.

Dont know if you can do it but a lil video would help me picture this. That said I will give it a shot later in training mode.

Good Stuff

You can re-launch, same combo mid-screen?

Yes you can relaunch midscreen. hulks falling fk will OTG after the airthrow and causes enough hitstun to relaunch even midscreen.

To help picture it overall think of it like this… hulk does his sj.fp (the thunderclap) late so that he is about to drift under em as you do it… it wont connect but it will cause you to cross up and suck them to hulks back. He turns around in the air and can throw instantly (they where stuck to your back by the suction effect and in hit stun until the moment before you throw.) After the throw its just falling fk, cr.fp and they are relaunched.

This is really what you want overall. Good players will block the crossup and get thrown. If they somehow failed to block the crossup then of course the sj.fp does connect and then you got other options. B/c the suction effect still happens and you are technicly hitting them with the move while they are behind you… it throws them from behind you to in front of you… and you can start comboing on the way down…

I will try to make a short here shortly tho I dunno where I’ll host the thing and it will probably be a crappy cell phone vid.

First post was a little confusing, I thought you were relaunching w/o a throw. Still pretty cool, seems like its heading in the right direction. i was actually fiddling with Hulk after your post on Thanos, some of the slowpokes have some dope shit in the corner.

EDIT:

Testing a sketch for a corner infinite-- launch, LP, LK, MP, delay, falling LK (not MK), sLP, cr.HP relaunch

Right now the closest I can get is the sLP before the relaunch, this is fairly promising. Might not work if the start-up of the c.HP is too long.

Oh yeah, this doesn’t work. Flyscreen is set. Could sjc into it maybe, if i can get sLK to juggle, or if sLP has a sjc window I’m missing.

I’ve been trying to get hulk’s OTG off his air throw, but is there something that I’m missing? I can’t seem to land the OTG consistently. Do you have to throw low to the ground to make it work?

So what I do is launch, short short, pause, grab. But then at that point I seem to not make it in time to get the OTG j.short.

…you h

For the corner sjc stuff getting the relaunch on point w/out OTG is very hard… the OTG version not so bad… and pretty damn hard to roll.

Vid is incoming on this hulk reset… will post it after a bit…

<edited> It DOES cross up… like a mofo

There is a video demo in the hulk forums if you haven’t noticed…

it shows a couple different setups which hulk heads will know how to use… plus some air combo fun… showing hulk doing 75% easily w/out bars used. It doesn’t show the obvious which is just gamma charge xx super (all 3 have their time and place) … after the OTG…

it does NOT show what you do when they don’t block the cross up… which is simply (you will love this fucking part)…

falling.lk, falling.mk, (land), gamma crush…

OR

falling.lk, falling.mk, (land), relaunch…

OR

falling.lk, falling.mk, (land), s.lp xx command throw

The crush is even unmashable… you get the super floaty effect b/c you caused flying screen TOWARD yourself… it looks strange…

instead of doing the above after the cross up fp… you can just do another fierce punch… its easier in a way b/c its also how you throw if they do block… but not nearly as good as landing the crush.

you can do other funky things that will cause hulk to cross up in a way that looks very wrong… several times… fast enough that he looks like a giant green magz… to try this stuff… set the dummy to not block… do the crossup… but after crossup FP do another FP… you will have just caused flying screen toward yourself twice… in two different directions during the same combo… the game shits itself for a couple frames and in the process hulk gets spit out crazy like… possibly in position to combo…

and of course this isn’t fucking over yet god damn it… lol i’m gonna find ways to land sj.fp at that angle without a crossup and then things might get stupid.

Updated the above… no vid yet for what happens when they fail to block the x-up… incoming soon…