New Mexico: ABQ Ranbats, Las Cruces TNF, and Community Thread (NM-ISM,DKO,LC:TNF)

couple of suggestions…

1-let the people who earn the travel money decide what event or events they want the money to go towards

2-if equipment is going to be purchased, make it something that the scene as a whole will benefit from, like streaming equipment or something. I can’t co-sign to buying systems/setups, we already have them! Unless by some miracle our attendance is going to triple for some reason, i don’t see why we can’t get along w/ the systems we already have.

i

it’s about 50/50 and xboxes are cheaper

fixed.

jimmy- sf4 and marvel both run better on xbox, so i understand the reasoning for it. get a ps2 pad + xbox360 converter and your good to go bro.

How did I ignore it? I said AFTER evo you can buy some ice dicks for your dumb retarded ass. You know what Zal fuck you and your dumb ranbats.

“WE DECIDED were not sending anybody to evo” who the fuck is we? Cause I don’t remember getting asked. Or am I not part of the we obviously fucking not.

Stay tuned for REAL RANBATS at Dylans on Friday’s. Where it’s not a dick tatorship.

i’m sorta curious about who was on the committee for the decisions…

I agree with not sending people to EVO. Anyone that wants to go (and is able) does go.

However no one goes to EVO qualifier tourneys (except Mamba) so I agree with Zal that we should focus on those if we are going to send people out of state.

Also you suck Pat. You stood me up for our hot date! Lol

Shots. Have. Been. Fired!

And how is it not feasible for you to give some one a $5 entry fee I already did that math for you up there or did you just"conveniently ignore it".

$200 that’s 8 setups per your 5 ranbats you don’t need that tops 4 that’s 100 dollars the same price as one XBOX. And that’s not feasible? You don’t have to worry about storage or red ring or disc drive error. Seriously?Not feasible?REALLY?

ok here is the reason we shouldn’t send people to evo, many of us already go to this every year, i think garrett who would likely win at least one spot would prefer to use it on another event seeing as between car pooling and room sharing evo is relatively cheap.

and pat, i don’t get it man. all you do is hate. everyone else is civil and wants to talk things out like adults, and you apparently can’t stop thinking about ice dildos. As far as who made choices we talked all this stuff out at the meeting which none of you came to. not only that but i’ve so far changed almost everything that people didn’t like about our original proposal. in addition NOTHING IS SET IN STONE CAUSE IT HASN’T FUCKING HAPPENED YET! i’m only repeating what i and several other community organizers (Pi, Jason, Garrett, Eli, Xtina, myself) agreed upon, if the whole community feels differently, then guess what, we will change it. This is entirely democratic and instead of offering up ideas you just act like i’m a fucking asshole for wanting to set up mechanisms to assist the community instead of just spinning our wheels for another year

Forget ranbats, forget the politics… when’s the Pat vs. Zal FT20 grudge match?

I’m just throwing this out here; I’d be open to doing some original art for sticks, t-shirts, etc. Stick art in particular is something I’d like to try my hand at. I figure with my diminished presence in the community, I should offer something besides obviously high-level competition - as you’ve all seen.

Also, Vee Eff Motherfucking Five.

Is this one big enough?

Dick-shaped snowcones, that’s how we’ll raise community money.

Edited even though your already read it. Really trying to be cool about this Zal but if you don’t want my advice then you don’t worry no more advice from me you never listen anyway.

I wish you would have responded to the facts and numbers I gave you instead of worrying about the frozen dick.

Martin that’s the most coolest thing I’ve ever seen it makes me wanna buy the oscar myer wiener mobile and paint it like a dick. Then ram it into people, oh man that’s a dream.

Just an idea, I’d be more than happy to open my casa earlier than normal on Friday if people want to talk about stuff like what points to use or what to do with prize money. I feel that in-person discussion will be more productive than the forum. Maybe 6pm or something…if people are interested.

This knee-jerk reaction to Zal’s ideas is disturbing, and contributes nothing significant to the discussion. If you don’t like an idea, all you need to do is make it known. There is no need to insult and belittle others because it only serves to make your argument weaker.

From the outset, I, along with several others, have stressed the importance of open community discussion and involvement. Even though some of us may think that new equipment is necessary, others seem to feel rather strongly against it; this is to be expected. However, to my understanding, nothing, other than dates, games and times has been decided. Unfortunately, Dylan I won’t be able to swing by any earlier than 8 this Friday, but I hope that others will take you up on your idea.

Zal, like any of us, only wants this community to flourish. If you think he’s going about it the wrong way then let everyone know, and if you have other suggestions, we’d all love to hear them. Please keep the discussion civil, and in the words of everyone’s favorite gentleman, “Keep it classy.”

P.S. Pat, I didn’t get to tell you last week, but those stuffed mushrooms were godlike. Thank you so much.

Geeze Eric… you scared everyone away with your level headed-ness, haha. Pi, are you going to be at Dylan’s this Friday? I got that ChipSMD and was hoping you would still be down to install it. Let me know.

yea, i’ll be there. Do you have everything you need? and just need me to wire up everything? Do you want me to dual mode it also?

I think I have everything. Jotstick, Buttons, Neutrik, Chimp, Wiring harness kit (from godlike controls)…Anything else I need? And yes I would like it to be dual modded.

yea sounds good, did you already print the artwork out and it matches up to your stick?

Just bring a MADCATZ xbox 360 WIRED controller pad. You can pick em up at gamestop or if you want I can just buy it and you can reimburse me for the controller. They go from $25 to $20.

EDIT: FYI, no need to purchase the wiring harness kit in the future.

Thanks Pi. I’ll pick up a madcatz controller before Friday. I haven’t printed the art out yet (Dylan is designing it at the moment) but i can put it on after the mod. Thanks again man, you da bomb!