New Mexico: ABQ Ranbats, Las Cruces TNF, and Community Thread (NM-ISM,DKO,LC:TNF)

Updated the 2nd post with the soul calibur launch information, and updated the pre reg list so far.

Also. I need set ups as usual! if you can provide setups i will waive your venue fee. Also, FYI I don’t have a full schedule yet. But KOFXIII will be a 12/afternoon game. SO DON"T SLEEP IN!

19 to 11

It was a significant margin

First one is on my 21st birthday… weak. What was the point of the meeting we had if half the things we decided on are now changed?

What changed, beside being from thursday to saturdays?

Also, zal can you give us details on how much each season is gonna be, and what the money is going for again?

I volunteer my PS3 if you need it. I’ll have AE, KOF, T6, 3SO, and SC

That could fuck shit up if you are having your party at my house. May need to reconsider the start date.

And the only thing that changed from the meeting was the date.

As far as money goes each game is 5 dollars each week. Twenty five percent of all entry fees will be put towards season prizes and community equipment.

We haven’t decided yet if we will issue a first season prize or if it will buy equipment instead. I think with the road to EVO in full swing it might be good to get some travelling under our belt and maybe buy new gear after EVO.

As far as the points goes that still needs to be worked out

I really hope that the money goes to someone for travel if not then your really gonna fuck shit up. The whole point of ranbats is to gain money to send people to majors to show off our so called"skills". Your not fucking evo your the evo champ.

My point is if you buy equipment where you gonna store it? Cause if I put in money and you guys buy a TV and an Xbox and I go to your house and you guys are playing on that shit that the community chipped in on I swear to god I’d punch you in the fucking eye. Or if the scene dies or when ranbats are over you just own some new shit? Theres to much dumb shit with this. Are scene is small we’ve done fine with ALL the other tournies with out buying equipment.

Zal make it known what your gonna do cause if you are gonna buy equipment then I wan’t no part of that straight BULLSHIT scam unless your gonna store all the equipment at my house so I can use which is still fucking dumb.

I think sending out the top 2 to EVO qualifiers (or whatever out of state tournies) is the best idea. If Pi can host tri-state tournies with all community setups and not have issues, I don’t think we’ll need extra equipment for what will just be citywide ranbats.

Another idea is that Rosen-b (if he’s up to it) could maybe make a New Mexico themed stick for the actual winner to take to tournies and show off our scene. I dunno…it’s something. That way there is a physical prize for the real winner, while the top 2 or 3 can go along with the winner and play out of state.

If the prize ends up being travel, I’d be happy to give more than 25% (maybe up to 50?) to get our best out there in the rest of the country.

I’m super down to do that. We could kick some ideas around on friday for what type of design to go with. On another note, I’m finally getting close to finishing my Felicia stick. What do you guys think?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/408072_854726594007_11608794_36848260_869604105_n.jpg

first of all, why would i need an extra xbox at my house when we have two of them and two playstations, that’s just stupid. Come on pat why would that be the case?

second of all i think it’s in our best interest to have at least 2-3 set ups that will always be there and aren’t dependent on one of our sketchy asses to be there, and we don’t need to buy monitors cause Jon has a bunch of Asus at the shop. We can get Xboxes for around 100 bucks a pop, which over three seasons is a tiny investment to ensure that all events run smoothly. This was one of the biggest issue of the old ranbats, people promised to come every week and bring their setups, and by the end of it, we were running on between 3-4 setups which is way too few if we plan to run three games a week. Sure Pi’s events go well, but let’s not forget that people also have financial incentive to supply him with hardware, we have no such compensation with ran bats. Also, we would have never been able to undertake a tournament like ACE without the NVGA supplying us with gear, it just could not have happened. I want to be out of jon’s shop by midnight, and we sure as shit can’t do that with 3 setups.

thirdly, thats why i posted it here for debate, we can get gear after the EVO season, or we can get it now, we might even have enough money to buy one xbox and send off the three winners of ran bats. we are also working on other ways to generate money (maybe a beat the pro style thing) so that soon we won’t have to take ANY money off the top for the community and can use all money towards prizes and traveling.

as for how and where they will be stored, i figured various people in the community could use them when they aren’t at ran bats (with stipulations of course), sometimes consoles die or we need to sell them to pay rent. So if someone falls on a hard couple of months they will still be able to practice and compete which includes you pat, i know you’ve been without a console and you know how much it sucks. And if for whatever reason the community falls apart we could sell the consoles and throw a big blow out tournament or something. remember only 1.25 of every entry fee is being taken, and an even smaller percentage will be used to get hardware, other scenes take 5 dollar ‘community’ fees every week, i think this is a much better deal.

anymore questions or concerns, ideas even?

Okay, so what does “sending the winner to evo” include? Is it plane ticket, hotel room, and entry fee?

Also, since i think some of the money should to go equipment. I have an xbox with marvel, but that’s it. You’ll probably have to buy extra game’s and a few extra counsels.

Oh btw, her birthday party is on the day of pi’s tournament so i think the start day is fine.

I have an XBox for ranbats use. It’s one of those shitty touch ones, but it’s better than nothing. My monitors aren’t mobile, however, so really only half a set-up. I have all the games necessary.

we decided we won’t be sending ANYONE to evo, most of us are going anyways and a trip to vegas is affordable for most of us once a year. Rather we want to send people out to qualifiers (two or three qualifiers a year would be cool) which i think is better cause it gives more exposure than just going out to the big dance once a year. as far as how much it includes, it’s only about 135 per person which the winner can use however they like to attend the tournament, unless we get a lot more players (which i’m hoping we can do) we only make about 270 when you take 25% over a season of 6 weeks with 3 games at 5 dollars a pop and an average of 12 entrants per event . For now i don’t think getting hardware is a priority, but rather something we can take a look at after we see how this season goes and after the road to Evo is over.

i also just got a great idea, we could make sticks and sell them to raise money for hardware. a full stick build only costs about 70-80 bucks and we could sell them for twice that. We could use the 25% from the first two weeks of ranbats to fund the first stick, and from there we will be able to build them with the money made from selling the first few after we refund the ranbats money of course. if we were able to sell lets say 5 sticks we could easily buy most of what we want. thing is we’d need some volunteers for labor, i would be down to help rosen b build and finish boxes, if pat and pi could wire them up all pretty like we could make some pretty nice sticks.

REALLY you REALLY believe this?REALLY? We’ll guess what Montoya’s done it before and more than once Pi’s tournies have just almost if not more entrees, and get your facts straight without the support of The headset company because we were the NVGA at ace not the equipment. AND once again there ranbats ABQ not ACE that’s like oranges to apples.

If you buy 2 xbox’s you could have gave people 40 entrees so why not have that incentive instead of buying 2 xbox’s that will red ring or disc drive will go out with the addition of letting people use them and then flake out anyway. It’s a no brainer even for me! Use your head buying equipment is fucking dumb unless your MR WIZARD

ARE YOU A 400lb neckless walrus?No, did not think so.

I don’t think buying equipment is a bad idea. It sounds like Pat’s biggest fear is someone taking advantage of the gear if this falls through. If this doesn’t work out, we could always donate whatever gear the community purchased to UNM Children’s hospital. That way, no one feels like they’ve been robbed and the FGC contributes to a good cause.

I played Marvel for those kids at the charity tournament. They should be giving me Xboxes.

I’m sorry but after we just gave all that money to craig last time after it was said ranbats are to send someone out to a major is fucking wack. Repeating that is my biggest fear and not sending people out.

Fucking xbox . I’ve gone through about 6 my boss is on his 12th but yeah that’s a real good investment instead of just paying people to bring theres then you don’t have to worry about it breaking in 1-3 weeks. Then what fucking waste of 100 bucks and me saying I fucking told you so. Or the person who has it does’nt show up I know where all %100 reliable in candy land but this is real life.

After EVO I think we should invest our money in some 5’ dick shaped ice sculptours and then we can store them up your ass cause they’ll last longer then the fucking used xbox you buy.

look i gave you another solution that could make it so we spend NONE of the ranbats money on anything other than the players which you conveniently ignored. i know you don’t agree with me but we do need gear. And sure Montoya could run shit back in the day, we didn’t need special tv’s back then, and as for Pi’s events like i said, its not economically feasible for me to pay people to bring their gear, and I would make sure any community hardware is where it needs to be on saturday night, even if i have to drive to the heights or westside to make sure of it.

Would you prefer we institute a community fee?

Fuck xbox. Aren’t there more ps3 players here than xbox?

We could charge a couple bucks, and wave it for people who bring setups.