New changes for Cole.(2013)

OK so this will most likely be an empty topic since no one really plays cole.
but lets discuss his changes and how will now need to be played in 2013.
First off before we get started i would like to post up a match of myself using Cole so people can get an understanding of one way he can be used.

[media=youtube]iLAw3Dsf3SA[/media]

Now here are Cole’s changes in 2013:
[LIST]
[]Command change – Changed command for Shock Wave from “41236+P” to “63214+K” - Changed command for Ionic Vortex from “41236+PPP” to “63214+KKK” - Roll Attack “6+HP” no longer activates with “3+HP”
[
]HP – Reduced frames by 2F (On hit +8F/On block +3F) - Push back on block reduced
[]cr. HP – Can now be cancelled
[
]Sliding Combo (successful) – Reduced frames by 5F on hit - Reduced frames by 15F on block - Now launches straight upward on hit
[]Shock Grenade – Increased overall frames from 38F->43F
[
]Shock Wave – Push back on block reduced
[]EX Amp Combo – Now has same move value as H Amp Combo
[/LIST]
Special move meter gain:
[LIST]
[
]Amp Combo: whiff 0->10/On hit 40->20
[]Amp Combo Follow Up 1: whiff 0->5/On hit 40->15
[
]Amp Combo Follow Up 2: whiff 0->10/On hit 30->20
[]Thunder Drop: whiff 0->10
[
]Shock Grenade: whiff 0->5
[]Lightning Hook: whiff 0->10/On hit 30->60
[
]Shock Wave: On hit 40->50
[/LIST]

The first thing i cared about when reading this is when i found out that his moves were being changed around.
All i have to say is WHY Capcom,why is a move where he obviosly uses his hands now a kick command?

I do like the fact that they have changed up his special move meter gain for amp combo on whiff, but i cant say the same for if it hits.

i can see some new combo fun coming out of coles sliding combo if it hits with the new way it launches.

if there are any other cole players, let me know what you guys think about the changes.

They changed it to a kick command because of input shortcuts leading to shockwave when you wanted the amp combo. Universal change for special moves on hit and sliding combo will be ridiculous. Just hope they buff his CrHp/StHp 7 frame start up/10 Frame Start up.

never happens to me, i always get amp combo, tbh its rare i even use shockwave.

Its a little input bug and I really don’t mind the change its a little welcome change. As for everything else, I am expecting some more tweaks before the actual release of 2013.

I certainly hope they throw a few tweaks to the roster by the time late January comes around, since while some characters (Bob, King) now look amazing, there are a lot of other weaker characters who got a standard rebalancing and almost more nerfs than buffs (Sakura, Balrog).

I feel like Cole is pretty low on their to-do list, I’m happy we are getting any changes period, but I would have liked to have seen a health buff and as you said a speeding up of his terribad normals. While Sliding Combo looks to be much more fun with its change, I feel it is still really lacking because of the PERFECT spacing you need to get the move to work. I’d rather have the spacing window be larger than the buff we got, but having much more of a reward for it will still be nice.

Cole’s special move meter gain was a bit wonky: most characters are having their whiffed moves reduced and on hit buffed, but since he never gained anything from whiffs because Capcom is lazy they are giving him that there. Hook and Wave buffs are nice, but I think AMP nerf is a bit much, especially since I see Cole’s entire roll as a quirky zoner that is able to build mad meter (a weaker Poison, if you will).

As for the Special moves, Cole did not deserve them to be nerfed at all. Grenade is pretty poor as is and would have liked to see a buff of its explosion radius rather than making it slower. Doesn’t look gamebreaking though. As for shockwave, I never found a use for it outside of pushing the opponent back on blockstrings I was far away with, so outside of its EX wallbounce what purpose does it serve now? I know the entire roster is getting pushback nerfs on account of boost combo shenanigans, but Shockwave is a move that Cole uses in Infamous to, you know, push enemies AWAY from him?

Buff to c.HP is great, ain’t nothing like additional combo damage, and st.HP made give us some kind of frame trap.

Shockwave really is awful on block strings so the nerf is irrelevant really and should never be used as it is now (-15 on block), shockwave is a great combo ender because it leaves them fullscreen and sets up some ambiguous set ups. As for grenades I think you are underestimating them my friend, the only buff it would need could have been more damge (60 without instaplode). The nerf for his nade is justified considering that he could beat every character with nades in a fireball war and can set up traps with his nades, I have been wanting to post them since forever but I haven’t had the drive aka just being lazy. As for slide, I am awaiting to see how much damage we get off it now, 250 maybe average?

Oh and add me man, could use some more mates who play xTekken.

Oh and frames are done, Asia beat me to it. Will post it tomorrow at night time EST.

Yay I cannot wait. Were you able to also check things like invincibility on certain moves, or does he not even possess any?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Only EX Thunder Drop has start up invincibility, it’s really you’re only use get off me and it should be used sparingly but it’s safe on block along with all versions off drop.

So you can like, use ex drop on wakeup very sparingly as a reversal?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Seeing how slow it is, yes, very sparingly. Any guy can react to it even if they weren’t expecting it, especially with characters with shoryukens. Not only that, but invincibility is really short and will get stuffed by 2 hits overheads and the like.