NEW "Blazblue Continum: Shift" discussion!

wow. I leave for like two days and bam. I figured that it was going to come out, but images already? damn that is gonna be nice. Noel is still in the game! Tsu…looks odd. I hope that they give her some sort of decent damage, and who knows.

I’m just hoping for something that’s not too hard to learn and not going to have to spend like 100+ hours just to learn one character.

You and I are opposites. This is what I want. Seriously. At least one character in every game should be like this.

It’s called D.

Not very useful as one though. Maybe if it let’s you dash/jump cancel it.

Err what.

Every counter except for 5D is 1F from what I remember.

He’s talking about active frames, you are talking about startup.

He basically wants Hakumen’s D to have more active frames, that is to be more lenient about timing.

That is a terrible idea though.

Do you have any basis for this at all? The press release for the EU version clearly states new moves and new characters.

Alright guys, gonna be doing a quick analysis of all the new info given to us in the past few days.

Tsubaki looks pretty dope. Her outfit is pretty cool, but not at all like I expected, but I suppose they couldn’t make her look too similar to Noel and Jin, it would get pretty redundant. I just wanna know why she looks like that.
Possibly possessed by Terumi?
Her weapons looks awfully strange as well, can’t really make heads or tails of what it is/what it can do.
Also, from what I can see, she looks like a big character, maybe around the same size of Haku
Anyone think a charge character would be introduced at some point?
It wouldn’t be the only fighting game with one charge character (Garou)

Love love love the new HUD.
I think the guys at ArkSys got a lot of complaints about the complexity of the many meters of BB, and overall, the top of the screen was a bit crowded as far as I’m concerned and I’m a firm believer in less is more in some situations.

Carl’s new projectile, as far as I’m concerned is not a projectile at all, well it kind of is, but from what I can see it’s more of a big barrier. I suppose it’s used to stop people from rushing him down so hard. Maybe it goes away after a while, or it has to be broken down by damage. Some people may think this would make him OP, but I think if neither you/Nirvana or the your opponent could get through the barrier it would be quite fair.
Kune’s projectile, from what I can see, looks like another VERY good move. I mean, I don’t know how the move works in the least, who knows maybe it sucks dick, but if it curses on block or has a fast start-up, it would be just another move used to rape his opponents.
Again, I could be very wrong, and even if the move ends up being REALLY good, I’m sure they would de-buff many other moves to make it fair.
Litchi seems to have some kind of new attack with her pole, can’t really tell though.

Jin’s new super looks sweet.
It more than likely is not a counter super, but a move that is very easy to block and kinda is the same motion as Haku’s counter (big slash horizontally across the screen) and unless it is used in a combo (notice how the person he is doing it on is frozen) it will be very easy to punish, and pretty much ineffective. Also, it will probably do some sick damage and will HOPEFULLY replace that AWFUL arrow super of his.
I’m on the same boat as Killey, Jin is the most perfect character in the game, they really should NOT touch him (maybe change the way you get out of freeze but that’s it)
Rachel’s super looks pretty weird, can’t really tell what it does. I can see some debris in the background. Maybe it’s used to attack the opponent (which would be kind of ridiculous, I can see some unblockable set ups, kind of like Storms “Make it Rain”) or maybe it’s a defensive thing, like debris comes to block certain attacks without you having to hold back effectively making pressuring her in this state in-effective (CH’s, anyone? Also, now that I think about it, that also sounds pretty OP against anyone that isn’t top tier, but I think I’m pretty cool with Rachel being top tier as long as the other characters are on mostly even ground) .
Ragna’s new attack looks weird, a new way to pressure your opponent from a jump in (sorta like a dive kick)?
I don’t know, looks weird.

Hey, if any of you Japanese SRK members (I know your out there) could decipher some if this, it would be much appreciated!

Oh, and as a side note, I don’t see any real changes to the original sprites, which is a tad disappointing, not like the original sprites were bad but a little touch up wouldn’t have hurt.

I love how the only images of my two characters Tao and Tager are of them getting hit in the mouth.

This does not bode well for them.

as far as the new kune curse goes i feel like it’s going to be a complete replacement for the cloud

clouds are clearly overpowered and if you make it so they dont curse on block then all anyone needs to do to completely negate it is jump at it and hold back

and yeah this gives you an opening to go in and apply some pressure but still, they’d have nowhere near the threat level they once had.

Not to mention that the NA version scans for new downloadable content, which would at least mean that DLC was considered at some point.

J.D, 2.D, 6.D all have 0 fram startup (active on the first frame), and 7 active frames (followed by some recovery frames but I dont remember the data on the recoveries.)

5 has like 4 frames of startup or something, followed by 12 active frames.

And no, I don’t want more active frames on Hakumen’s drives. I was just pointing out the limitations of them.

As long as Hazama is added and the top 3 are nerfed I don’t care what else they do.

awesome.

^^correct link:
http://japan.gamespot.com/news/story/0,3800076565,20400513,00.htm

EDIT: now that i have seen the new hud 2 things called my attention:

1: the game is in debug mode, that might mean that characters portraits and bars might be disabled
2: the 7 blue thingies > hokuto no ken style astral finishes?

Awesome pics. Game is hypin all over da place.

guard libra :coffee:

hope so, they look quite alike

Without getting into the rest of your post, this is very interesting.
It occurs to me that “Arakune is getting a new way to curse.” Could mean in addition to the current methods, or replacing the current methods.
Looking forward to loke tests

As an Arakune main I really hope he does get some sort of nerf. He’s way too cheesey and has some rigged matchups. I love the character but boy do I feel shitty when I beat my friend who plays Ragna. :frowning: There’s nothing he can do!

Also, I’m hoping this would be released as DLC/patch for the US/JPN version of BlazBlue, to update to Continuum Shift, but history is probably going to repeat itself here like it did with Guilty Gear and its going to be a whole new disc based game.

Hope he keeps his j.d moves though, I know it’s probably a hated move because it hits low from the air, but come on you are taking your opponent from below with a phalic looking object!:lovin:

The thing that pisses me off about that and 2D is that they don’t get stuffed when you hit Arakune.

Tsubaki looks like she could be fun. I’m glad they didn’t give us yet another blue NOL uniform. Way too many characters in this game are the same color.