New Arthur Teams

I think Arthur is seriously underestimated, in regards to how well he can handle himself on point. I’ve shut down quite a few Taskmasters, hawkeyes, hulks, trishes, and morrigans with my tactics.

Gold arrows are amazing and really control space well. If there is any measure of distance between my opponent I can keep them away + punish attempts to fire back. Since gold arrows go through so much. If you vary the times when they are thrown, such as shooting just before hitting the ground and then shooting again, you can have arrows flying consistently the whole time(+ assist projectile to help).

Arthur is the MVC2 Megaman of UMVC3.

If they manage to close the distance, by the time they get in they’re so eager to pummel my Arthuer that many will run right into his launcher and i can air combo them + OTG, and then run away again.

If they’re trying to get underneath me while in the air for a crossup upon landing, i can come down hard with jumping S and then launch into an Air combo + OTG upon connecting. Then proceed to run away again. Although again, since many are foaming at the mouth to get their hands on my Arthur, they’ll still run into my launcher often even if jumping S does not connect.

I use ALL my meter on Armor ups. If i get an air combo/OTG i’ll just end that with Dagger x3. In those instances when I’m without Gold armor, i’ll use lots of Air & ground arrows to keepaway & damage until i have meter for Gold armor again. Regular arrows aren’t as good as gold but are still very effective.

As for teleporters, i just stay MOBILE and use assists to punish/distract them if they get closer. Also it just so happens that if i’m jumping back or upward and firing a gold arrow just as they’re teleporting behind me, the arrows often steer downward and still hit them lol.

Really, with the right tactics & mindgames Arthur can handle himself decent on point. And since the majority think he sucks most are not prepared for those tools he has.

Ive been rocking Vergil, Nova, and Arthur Anchor, the Dagger assist is good for Vergil Mixup and lock down for Nova, also it’s hilarious as hell winning with Arthur Anchor especially when he’s down to his underwear in the Win portrait :stuck_out_tongue:

Frank/Arthur has great synergy, mostly for setting up Frank’s game.

I also love a Firebrand/Arthur combo. It’s fun having the two characters on the same team and Arthur’s Daggers really help Firebrand’s game (especially while charging that Unblockable Swoop)

I’ve started playing this team myself. Very fun team to play, but really hard to use well. Great tools overall, awesome assists, great relaunches, and to top it all off pretty good for leveling up Frank. I think ill stick with this team for a bit, even if it is rage inducing to use sometimes.

Does Arthur/Sentinal/Hulk have good synergy? If so which assist should I use for each?

Arthur and Sentinel have two pretty similar assists…
I don’t really like playing Arthur on point because he needs to have meter stored to be good, Arthur is pretty bad without meter, he’s solid with meter and he’s crazy good with meter and Xfactor, play him as anchor.

Anyway, if you really want to play Arthur on point, with Hulk anti air and drones, you probably have two of the assists that help him the most.
Hulk’s anti air is the closest you’ll ever get to MvC2 style AAAs in this game. And drones cover some angles in which Arthur is not that good, even if DHC synergy in this team don’t really seem that impressive, those two assists are among the best there is to Arthur’s neutral game.

So yeah, I really thing this team can work.

Neither Hulk or Sentinel asks for a OTG assist, so you can just use Daggers/Anti air/Drones and be happy about it.

Depending on the matchup you may need to change the order to Hulk/Sentinel/Arthur and the team probably becomes even better.

I start arthur so I gold armor then switch hard tag into hulk.

This is risky… most times won’t worth it…

Golden daggers is amazing, but regular daggers can do the same job most of times.

By using this strategy you buy a lot of unecessary risks for a marginal benefit (in most matchups)

1- you risk a match start with one of the characters with the worst mobility and normals in the game… he could be hit and die just like that… and you lose your best xfactor user, also you get to the WORST possible due in your team… Sentinel point with Hulk assist.
2- You’re hard tagging at a time anyone would expect you to… which can kill hulk or easily become a snapback bringing back Arthur… smart players will wait till you hardtag and punish Hulk.
3- You condemn yourself to that hard knockdown when golden armor ends without even knowing how this match will turn out, using Golden Armor is situational, it makes Arthur more powerful but oftentimes will kill him when it breaks.

All you get in exchange for all this is a little more damage in your daggers, the ability to pierce through characters with it and more durability (this one is the best benefit IMO)

either way, I think it’s just better to have Arthur in the back and just use regular daggers until he’s forced in the screen or you have an oportunity to activate it in a way that completely negates risks 1 and 2… for example, you can make a combo into a hard knockdown (or a kil)l with hulk then hardtag Arthur, activate golden armor and DHC into Hyper Sentinel Force… you’ll spend one extra meter, but meters come easier than health.

If you’re playing point Arthur just for this power up assist, then put him in the third spot and be happy.

Golden Daggers assist helps a lot against beam assists as it beat them cleanly, but it’s not that relevant in most of the other cases.

Thinking about trying vjoe/rr/arthur not sure if it would work out though. Unlike kosoru’s team air exchange would not net me benefit anywhere close to his team because of lack of good extended combos with any of the characters from aerial exchange height, using rr assist to get hits would also force arthur to be put into point most of the time messing up my team order. So tac would be out of the question.

the only character I do have experience with is arthur so all theory crafting right now, I want a keepaway team that works well with arthur and think there may be some synergy with this team. Vjoe’s keepaway game seems to be pretty good with those voomerangs, and with arthur daggers for long range with help that and rr’s log for closer range/ mix up possibility. Joe’s six cannon will combo into either of rr’s or arthurs hypers and arthur can even follow up depending on the circumstances.

Let me know what any of you think, I would appreciate the help. The weakest parts of my team I see are low health, the learning curve(just got the eightarc dual modded stick my first stick so have to get used to it as well) and unsure on how damaging vjoe/rr by themselves are if they snap in arthur and kill him quickly.

Thanks for any help

Currently: Arthur(Dagger)/Hawkeye(triple-Arrow)/Doom(Hidden Missiles).

My Arthur game is solid at the moment, those who say he is bad on-point are just underestimating him like everyone else. By giving into the temptation to save him for anchor and Gold armor/X-factor, that mindset holds them back from really Learning him, what he can do on the frontlines, and how to approach other characters.

And i’d rather have Hawkeye with Level 3 X-Factor. Gimlet, triple/electro arrows, and mobility? Too good.

I’m thinking of pairing Dorm/Doom with Arthur and using the Dagger Toss to help out both Dorm/Doom’s rushdown. Any thoughts?

imo if you pair up arthur as an anchor with any charecter that can teleport, you got a pretty rape team. mainly because the daggers hit at seperate times, there for it then kind of takes awhile to get to you’re opponent. in the time it takes for the daggers to reach them,you can go for a teleport and you have a huge mix up advantage.(like grabbing,tricky blocking,etc)

I’m using Iron Fist Rising Fang to aid Arthur. Arthur’s daggers and general horizontal projectiles eat up the ground but eventually people try to jump. Iron Fist is ridiculously fast and eats this alive on reaction given Rising Fang doesn’t truly travel horizontal but travels at a rising angle like parabolic shot from Taskmaster. It literally rides over projectiles like disruptor at the angle it travels and when coupled with Arthur’s horizontal stuff its a pretty good lockdown combination. Plus, it causes a wall bounce into full on combo when this happens. Its great. Plus you can DHC from the bracelet into Iron fist nicely if you walk it up close and then you have Iron Fist backed by either dagger assist (which is great to get him inside) or by fire bottle (which when coupled with crescent heel or a jump canceled move into overhead is a good mixup). Im working on seeing if I can get Firebottle to arc over people in blockstring in the corner to hit them from behind and low to net Iron Fist a really dirty mixup or unblockable from block strings out of his corner pressure games. I’d have to time it to come down as I use an H which is the only move he has that’d let them out of blockstun long enough to go for the unblockable given that H lets him pop a move fast enough afterwords to beat them to the punch.

Team is tight. If I can get firebottle to do everything I want for fist its the new assist for Arthur. If not then I’ll stick to daggers and sweat it out with Iron Fist once he’s inside by going for blockstrings and throws. In either event Rising Fang aids Arthur’s lockdown potential tremendously with how fast it is and how easy it is to convert. Plus it does 150k by itself.

arthur(daggers), doom(missiles), wesker(down gun)

thats my main team. i start arthur because frankly i think he’s too risky as anchor, dont get me wrong he is a god in x-factor 3 but his no health isnt worth it especially since i have wesker. arthur point is basically free damage, back him up with missiles and that keep away game is super lame and great. if they get in and you have a chance to get a string on them, weskers down gun can set up some pretty nice overheads. i dont know if its totally unblockable but it seems to work. but yeah, thats basically what i got going and have for a little while. im also experimenting with:

arthur(dagz), wesker(gun), and doom(beam).
beam with arthur is pretty annoying, it works for a quick keep away ive noticed and it helps if you wanna play rush down arthur. thats just how i feel about it though.

Dagger assist is too good to risk starting Arthur and having him die, IMO.

Depends on the character who’s up first on their side.

yeah…
golden daggers assist is the price they pay for snapping in arthur, not a risk you take right at the beggining of the match :stuck_out_tongue:

its not worth risking an entire match just to use an assist. most characters can kill arthur in a combo. id rather have doom and wesker to rely on. and yeah, daggers is the shit but beam is good as hell too. plus missile with arthurs wall of daggers is better than just his 3 daggers happening every so often and if he gets birthdayed then you are super screwed. but dont get me wrong i play arthur anchor sometimes cause its fun.

It’s a lot easier to land a combo on a point character than it is to land one on an assist, so I’m not sure what difference this makes.

Put another way: if Arthur is assisting and I get caught with a happy birthday, then Arthur is dead. But if Arthur is on point and gets caught with a happy birthday, his life is so low that he’s still dead anyway. So what’s the difference?

Daggers + missiles + XF3 Doom is nowhere near as good as lasers + daggers + XF3 Arthur.

i usually run arthur, doom, wesker. so i mean, dark wesker is dark wesker haha, he’s his own team. i do enjoy playing arthur anchor and depending on who they are playing with i will switch arthur for wesker. im not saying arthur in xf3 isnt an obvious bad ass, cause he is. but for my play style i think he works best point for me, i mean, ive been playing him since vanilla and i have the most fun and success running point.

but lets be honest, arthur is the man. way fun to play. i just fear that he’s been trying to save the princess for too long and that she may be dead…poor guy.