NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (NGBC) Thread

Pretty much, I always looked at it as SNK’s answer to Capcom’s CFJ…

Yeah exactly, well with the exception that NGBC is actually a pretty damn good game lol. You know in all honesty, I think NGBC is a better SF game then SF4 to be perfectly honest lol. High level NGBC is just so diverse in terms of playstyles, u can space well and zone but can also rush in with tremendous preasure. Even if the tiers are not completly “even” the game still has enough character viability that it can be considered"balanced" to a degree. I’m not to sure about this next point, but I would even argue that kim and big are overhyped a bit in terms of there dominance…but I dunno what’s everyone else think on that?

Kim and Big are as overhyped as KGO in KOFXI and KGI in 98UM.

Its more like an SNK-only follow-up to SVC chaos.

Also about GC in SVC, it was broken of course, but it really only comes into play with the upper tier characters and top level play. In fact, the tiers of the game are factored partly due to how easily/fast a character gain meter.

Also realize that some characters that are top tier like Goenitz rarely use GS (Why would he need to be close to you?). So yeah the game is incredibly flawed but I think people way over emphasize how GS broke the game and that goes doubly so for NGBC.

I thought so, I mean I know kim and big are good but to the extent that they"ruin the game"…yeah I don’t think so. Not to mention doesn’t big have a lot of reliable counter characters, I’m not to sure on who beats kim but I know big does loses to some people in the game.

NGBC Robert is soo awesome, his moves and concept are great but we probably won’t be seeing him in any other game anytime soon since he’s a time skip lol…

As for now I’m using Robert/Shermie but that can change at anytime, I love the fact that this game has World Heroes characters as well (and a medley of other characters as well), good on ya SNK…

I like the way you can cancel from normals in this game, it feels a lot more organic and fluid then the FAC in SF4. The GC is hardly game breakng as some would claim, it’s a good tool but nothing that completly wrecks everything lol…this isn’t the striker system or something. I really wish SNK would follow-up with this, even if the sprite detail is still in the neo geo style as long as the sprites are redrawn and animated I’m good.

Can someone explain what makes Mr. Big top tier in this game? I’ve never really seen him in any vids but everyone says he is top.

Also what’s the deal with Tung’s muscleman glitch? Is there some sort of specific input you need to do to trigger it? Whenever I tried it out it seemed to do regular damage before they got pushed out of it, but I’ve seen vids where people abuse it to get like 30+ hits and MASSIVE damage out of it.

Kim’s dash looks so ridiculous in this game haha…

I never understood the top tier Mr. Big thing either, might have a thing to do with having high priority or sumthin’ I dunno…

hi

feel like driving to fairfield?

me, soulstar, blk_brotha and some others will still play… I’ve actually been grinding combos in this lately, haha.

If I recall correctly, it’s how his pokes give him too much frame advantage, how it’s fairly easy to do damage with easy ways to combo into his strongest super and that spinning move that seems to go on forever.

The over simplifcation of the tiers in NGBC is really it’s most unfortunate aspect. This isn’t say that tiers do not exist, but much like 3s I find people tend to over generalize the balance of this game without putting the time and effort to learn the game. As a example, this is the wiki tier list of the game and I would like to get feedback from top players in this game on what they feel it should look like:

S Class:
Mr. Big, Kim, Hotaru

A Class:
Marco, Iori, Robert, Lee, Haohmaru, Mizuchi, Hanzo, Kyo.

B Class:
Mai, Fuma, Shiki, Kaede, Moriya, Washizuka.

C Class:
Tung, “Master” Athena, K’, Shermie, Mr. Karate, Neo Dio, “Master” Tung, Cyber Woo, Shishioh, Terry, Akari

D Class:
Rock, Geese, Mudman, Asura, Mars People (and Rising), Chonrei, Ai (and Rising)

E Class:
Yuki, Chonshu, Nakoruru, Genjyuro

From what I could gather, this this mean NGBC is divided like this:

High

Upper

Mid

Low

Bottom?

Holy crap, just found this thread.
I still play this game somewhat regularly, always practicing those really difficult Kim combos.
That and how to up my Iori gameplay (NGBC Iori = best Iori in his FG career)

I’m begging for a sequel to this game.

It was weird playing Iori without his backdush bug in this game but I definitely liked the NGBC version of him. Pulling off a Special D-Assault with Kyo in an actual match is pretty fun.

I just wanted to say…I love this game…Still play

That Tier list is fairly accurate from a US standpoint.

I’d personally put Tung and Neo Dio in A Class. No need for the Master status anymore, people know what those characters can do in the right hands. :rofl:

I’d also move Mizuchi to B, Haohmaru to B, Moriya to A.

Tung is ridiculous. Definitely my favorite character to use in the game.

the bosses can be used? lol
anyway… does anyone use Cyber Woo? i tried it yesterday… to me it’s useless xD

I don’t think Kisarah is on the list.
Isn’t she at least B-tier?

Akari is actually that high?

I’ve seen people do some cool stuff with Cyber Woo but yeah over all they’re an okay character imo (Cyber Woo and the girl I mean)

B-tier sounds about right…