[NEED] Training program!

Hey there,
OK, I’ve been trying to get like “guud” at SF for so long now with no avail, and overall catastrophic faliure, but this time it’s my most serious try! i spend like 2-3 hours 3 days a week in the lab, and 5-6 hours in some days when i have the time in the rest of the week, and i am still dropping stuff like a simple 3 hit jump in combo especially under pressure!
maybe it’s my stick since i can’t afford a “real” one so i built one myself with “made in china” budget components, but i want to eliminate just plain
"sucking at the game" as a factor…

http://i.imgur.com/HYkOLOw.jpg

what to do exactly? like going into training mode and spending the time doing like “50 of that special, then 50 of that other one” and then training simple combos, the rinse and repeat the next day? or what should i do? i am kind of lost…

Honestly the whole just do the combo and special over and over again thing truly is what you need to do. There really isn’t like a sure fire way to just speed up the process trust me I’ve been trying to get decent as well but it takes a lot of practice. The whole reason why you even do the combo over and over again is to have it ingrained in your muscle memory you wanna be able to do it without even thinking about what your doing just be like I’m a do this combo and then bam it comes out without thinking about timing or inputs or anything, if it’s not at that stage yet then that combo isn’t ready. I know that personally non of my combos are like that at all, especially in street fighter where they’re link combos so timing really does have an influence (unlike in say guilty gear where they’re chain combos and the timing is way less strict). Ultimately it just comes down to keep doing what your doing, hit the lab a lot and get everything ingrained into your muscle memory it’s gonna take long but hey take pleasure in knowing I’m in the same boat with you XD

Just play more matches, less training mode.

If you think it is your stick that is causing trouble - play on pad instead.

If anyone else finds this thread via google, have a look at Frame Trapped