Need Some Help

Switching my team up always been a fan of xmen and am deciding to use Storm/Magneto. However I’m having a tough time grasping the Heavy ADF Heavy x6 fly loop. I already mastered the MH ADF MH ADF MHS loop… However when I do the H loop they always fall after 3 reps. I try to time it they fall out, and if I try to mash it they fall out as well so I’m looking for help.

I looked through most of the Q&A topic and couldn’t find a specific answer to my question so sorry if someone already went over this. I use a xbox controller and Air dash with the triggers.

All help will be appreciated thanks.

Might be height issue then. Make sure to do launch, j.H, ADF, j.M xx Fly, j.LH then ADF H and repeat. If you can get the fly LH part then the dash H is where you can learn the timing for it. Get the fly LH part down then the rest should come naturally after trial and error on the timing.

Nah I can get the flight light heavy every time, but when I’m doing the dashing it seems like the timing is just eluding me constantly. When I try to slow it down that doesn’t work, and when I speed it up that doesn’t work either. I’ve been at it for 2 days so i finally came here to see if someone could help. I also thought of the height as well, so I made sure I went to the top of the jump, and I got 4 reps sometimes so it was better but it was still dropping.

I have this bad habit of trying to mash the air dashes and I wish I didn’t have that because I bet that is hurting me more than I think.

Dash with L+M

was just about to post this because this is the issue i was having with this

So what I’m suppose to do is press LH my trigger, H then my trigger then H etc?

I have LM set as my dash btw.

The only thing I can say is work on your timing. There’s no other reason for them to be falling out. You’re probably not cancelling the j. H into your airdash fast enough; or after the airdash, you’re not hitting j.H fast enough. If they’re falling below the hit box of your j.H, you can try adding a j.M in between your j.L and your j. H before you fly - so it becomes: launch > super jump > j. H > ADF > j. M xx fly > j. L > j. M > (j.H xx ADF) x n

Alright thanks for the help everyone I will practice.

I don’t get how I could do this any faster its like as soon as I see the heavy on my screen I press dash then another heavy.

There has to be somewhere I’m messing up but my inputs isn’t telling me. It says exactly how I press, L H, LM H LM H LM H etc.

Hmm.

Maybe youre doing it TOO fast. I know I can delay mines so that it corner carries and I end it with Magnetic tempest rather than a Shockwave. I actually delay it on purpose sometimes to make the ADD S cancel to hyper grav easier.

Can you make a video so we know where youre messing up at? Even a cellphone video will do. My hunch is you’re doing it too fast assuming the height is right.

Edit: Like Disabel said, maybe you arent pressing H fast enough after the dash. Theres a rhythm to it. Dash H slight pause repeat.

It isnt Dash H dash H dash H to the point where it sounds like youre mashing it. Should have a rhythmic sound.

I cant upload a vid, but I’m pretty sure I’m doing it too fast. I say that because I can hear the noise he makes when the heavy comes out like 2 to 3 times. So I think I’m too fast.

So what I should be aiming for is the H quickly after the dash in terms of speed, and not the actual dashes?

I’ll upload a vid of me doing it so you can hear the rhythm.

Alright cool, if you could let me see a view of your hands doing it too.

No homo lol.

lol already made the video…you can hear it and besides I only have my cellphone to record with outside of my cap card.

You can use my old combo vid as visual reference:

Spoiler

[media=youtube]3KkuMnH0uAE[/media]

Then listen to the rhythm that I’m talking about:
[media=youtube]cShDcK5j5uE[/media]

Oh also wanted to show off my artwork lol

Thanks

Here’s the theory behind FlyFierce combo, that may help you:

Fierce is cancellable by dash as soon as it hits. so Fierce > Dash is quick.
However, horizontal dash has a slight delay before you can cancel it, so Dash > Fierce is not so quick. So:

Fierce > Dash >>> Fierce > Dash >>> Fierce > Dash

I find the timing that you take for hte Fierce>Dash is approx. the same time of hte delay.

Alright so I should do the first dash heavy quick, then slow it down for the ones after?

What I was having happen earlier was the medium kick was coming out when I dashed forward with the LM on my trigger sometimes…

Anyone who does this on a controller that can give me a tip on the timing? Either way I’m going to work at it until I get it however long it may take.

It would be cool if someone did it and told me like the seconds to wait… like LH instant dash H 1second dash H etc. I think that would help me out a lot.

Mash forward + H

Yeah, it’s kind of easier on pad, lol.