Need help with modding Namco PS1 stick

Looking to replace the pcb in a namco ps1 with a brook ufb with as little case modding as possible, would only really be doing it so I don’t have to use an adapter as I find the cables on them wear out really quick, I imagine I could just feed a usb cable through the existing hole, maybe have a second short break away cable so I wouldn’t need to dremel a hole for something like this
https://www.neutrik.com/en/neutrik/products/multimedia-connectors/usb
but I’m not sure how I’d go about setting up a home button, I could probably use L3 or R3 but not sure how to wire to them as they are not like usual arcade buttons, any help with modding this stick in general would be greatly appreciated

We got a Namco stick thread somewhere here on the forums, check the intro thread for links

had a look through it but most of the pictures seem to have expired so it’s hard to get an idea of how it was actually done

oh no. we do not, ever, mod the greatest stick of all time.

just kidding. i own 11 or so. 2 in complete boxes, 4 modded, and 5 spares.

greatest stick ever.

super easy fo mod. pretty much like any other. from experience though, buttons only need a switch replacement, or none at all. the stick is a little more complicated, but not really. handles a jlf without much work.

replacing the pcb isn’t difficult either. it is literally one of the simplest sticks, also greatest, to mod.