Need help fighting bison

The only character in the game I cant fight.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=T3qz2CpVAfU

https://youtube.com/watch?v=b-ha6fYV0xA

This guy got me kinda salty tbh. At times he would do nothing but l.sk and its all for free. Its risky to play footsies because of random slides, Its risky to press buttons because of sk and you cant throw fireballs when he has charge because of u2 and ex sk.

I should be getting my ps3 back today, If any bison players want a ft5.

Psn is sora3960 im from the UK.

I’m the number 2 ranked Bison on PSN and I’m from the UK mate, add me: TheBirdLives

I have moved to xbox now mostly but I still play on PlayStation sometimes.

BTW that guy is pretty good so there’s no shame in losing to him.

I play a lamer Bison than he does but if you need matchup experience I’m up for a few games. Invite me if you see me on and we’ll have a ft10 or whatever :slight_smile:

Nice thanks a lot bro.

It looks like you are doing pretty good. Seems like you just need more experience vs Bison.

I think anyone players lamer than him, he went full retard.

My bad TheBirdLives I thought I would be getting my ps3 back the day I created this topic. Cant add you for now bro.

Lol the dude that said “bison is fucking cheap” got more replies than me?

If you are on XBL or PC Ill give you some match experiences.

Projectjustice- Thanks man, I kinda have xbl but can only use it when my bro lets me (almost never) whats your gt bro?

GT: Projectjustice

Add me, I play daily.

I’m also TheBirdLives on XBox if you wanna add me there too. :wink:

Thanks tbl

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DMTS6bUEBWs

This dude was free as fuck yet look at how he destroys me in the 3rd round at 1:50 using sk only. How do I deal with this?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1fiPnpiWTGA

He gets free jumps.
St.lp stuff SK
Nj.mk

Going by your points you’re a good Ken player just seem to be getting scrubbed out by Bisons. Now I play other characters I can see why people rage about him.

Are you on ps3 jebop?

From the videos is looks like you’ve got a handle on the fundamentals of Ken. For some of the problems in the video, I would recommend using neutral jump if you notice someone throwing out a lot of scissor kicks. If you study the spacing Bisons use, you can start to identify when they’re likely to scissor kick as a poke. If you can start to read/predict that, a neutral jump is a solid defense that will lead to a big punish for you.

The guy I’ve been playing SF4 with since vanilla plays Ken, so he might be playing me more than the match up, but he can often light DP me out of scissor kicks if I get too mindless with it. You might be able to develop a similar sense if you learn some tendencies.

Another issue that may seem obvious is to avoid getting cornered. Bison’s pressure gets more intense in the corner. The scissor kicks get harder to deal with because you aren’t getting pushed away, and his headstomp becomes harder to avoid. Added to that, his HK gets even more threatening because it can tag your jump attempts. So, do what you have to do to get out. Tatsu or jump tatsu.

Also, from some of what I saw (like that video where you get locked down in the third round even though the guy isn’t better than you), you sometimes have to block a little bit more. Ken is an aggressive character, but it seemed like a lot of damage in that round happened to you because you were pressing buttons. Bison has that 3 frame crouching short with pretty good range, so it’s going to get through little gaps.

Conversely, it might behoove you in some situations to take some more risk. If you’re just getting poked to death by stray kicks and scissor kicks, you can utilize the dp. If the Bison is laming you out, you have to play more patiently, but if he’s just going all out, use that light dp to get him off. Bison, in general, doesn’t do a lot of damage in punishment situations, so sometimes the risk is worth it. Obviously, you don’t want to continually whiff DP and get kicked for it, but you don’t want to let him go at you for free either.

Thanks for the help bro. Tbh I only like doing things that will always work so I hate neutral jumping. I would rather win with solid fundamentals than rely on my opponents mistakes like not being able to AA.

No unfortunately. :frowning: Only got AE2012 on PS3.

Jebop- I can still play ae 2012 If you’re up for it. Where are you from?