Need help confirming Storm bug

I’ve found some weird bug to do with storm. Hopefully with the help of you guys we can confirm it. (The reason I think it’s a bug is because I don’t see any other reason for it to happen if not by mistake)

Basically if you cancel lightning attack (S+ATK) into Lightning Storm Ultra then the next time you try to do Lightning Attack THREE times in a row only TWO will come out.

How to test: Just hop into training mode, cancel lightning attack (S+ATK) into lightning storm. Then try to do lightning attack (S+ATK) 3 times in a row. If the bug is there then only 2 will come out the first time you attempt it not 3, after that you should be able to do it 3 times in a row no problem.

This could be a potential problem if you only use lightning attack (S+ATK) x3 to end your combos like I do.

A way around it I found is that after I cancel lightning attack into Lightning storm, randomly doing 1 lightning attack will fix the problem.

I’m using the PS3 Version and I was in training mode if anybody was interested. Would be nice to know if this problem is apparent in other peoples games!

Confirmed

You’re right. I tested this on the European version of the Xbox 360 game and can confirm that is behaves the same way as you described.

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but it seems weird if it was.

Same problem, PAL 360. This explains why I seem to miss that last dash attack when Storm has been out for a while.

Same thing happens on US PS3 version in VS Mode too.

Seems to happen no matter how many LA’s you do before canceling into LS. Doing a random LA after it also seems to fix the problem.

Definitely not game breaking or too much of a problem. Still though it’s a little weird and a bit of a hassle. Does anyone know if there’s a casual way to get in touch with Capcom to find out what’s up?

I thought I was the only one to notice this glitch hopefully it gets fixed soon

Wow. I thought my execution was somehow that bad. Thanks for this. (US xbox 360)

Definitely good to know, I was also wondering why i kept dropping the second combo during training.

lol this is NOT a bug. The rule for ALL characters is that they can only spam 3 moves in the air. You can only use lightning sphere, whirlwind and Lightning attack 3 times. So if you used two Lightning attacks, followed with super, the rule applies that you can do 1 more move in the air. This is to prevent people from just super jumping all day and spamming projectiles in the air.

So you can basically do 1 sphere, 1 whirlwind and 1 lightning attack? before your character falls straight down.

Yes all of that is true, but these ppl are landing before they try their next rep of air specials. So its not the situation that you are refering too.

Update to the storm bug. 4x Lightning attack

You can do Lightning Attack x2, Lightning Storm, Lightning Attack x2
All before hitting the ground!

You can gain some serious altitude with this especially if you throw an air dash up in the mix!

Can we bring this a little more into the spotlight? I’d love to have it patched.

Petition worthy?

I’d sign.

Yep, this happens to my US PS3 version of MvC3. It’s really annoying me now.

will have to try this.