Need advice regarding good start characters/support

Ive been playing this game on and off with friends and decided to take it up a notch or learn the game more in depth, I had a few questions to ask and hopefully i can get a few answers to better assist me in making some decesions here.

1. I mainly wanna play vergil, but have no clue what as to who supports him well, the only thing I came with is Vergil/Mag or Doom, and still havent picked a 3rd, was hoping for some more insight for synergy teams.

2. Does Doom or Mag compliment him better?

3. For someone who is starting out to get into the game in depth, is picking up mag or doom to advanced for a beginner?

4. Lastly can someone give me a few ideas as to who plays with vergil best and why or a brief summary, thank you.

hiya, im also starting to get into depth with umvc3 as well, and it so happens that vergil is one of my preferable characters. A team ive been fiddling around with for a little bit now is vergil, dormammu and ive been toying with nova as the third. but doctor doom isnt really too bad for a beginner to pick up and play, hes got a fairly easy corner loop that consists of foot dives and relaunching, so between magneto and doom i would say go for doom and try to learn him. hope this helps!

I use Taskmaster, Vergil and Dormammu as my team. Out of your choices, Doom would definitely be a better choice to begin with. His hidden missiles assist also work great with Vergil allowing for a larger setup for combos.