Necro Matchup Notes by Coreografo

Here are some amazing notes for Necro, by Coreografo. They’re translated from Spanish to English by me and him both, so some might be unclear. All credit really goes to Coreografo though. Hope this helps out the Necros out there!

Matchup Notes

Notation:

d- down
f- forward
u- up
b- back
j- jump
sj- super jump
s- character standing
cr- character crouching
lp- light punch
mp- medium punch
hp- heavy punch
lk- light kick
mk- medium kick
hk- heavy kick
~ - kara / press the buttons quickly one after the other
qcf-quarter circle forward
qcb-quarter circle back
hcf-half circle forward
hcb-half circle back
360-Circle the Joystick once, 360 degrees
720-2 circles (720 degrees)
uoh-mp+mk
>-link attack
x-special cancel
xx-super cancel
dpm-dragon punch motion(SRK motion)

VS ORO

Ground vs Ground:

-Punish s.hk on Whiff with c.lpxxsa1/sa3, s. mk, qcb+k, or b. hp

-Punish s.mk on whiff with s. mk, qcb+k or b.hp

-If you can anticipate a fireball from Oro, you can punish it with SA3 from max distance.

-There’s a distance where you can punish a fireball from Oro(bd,f+p) with sa1 on reaction.

-You can use c.hp to trade with a bd, f+p (You have to anticipate this I believe)

-You can punish Oro’s sa3, from 3 body’s distance(a little out of s. mk range) with Necro’s SA3 on reaction. (If you know he’ll super, input qcf*2 before hand and press lp~mp~hp after the flash).

-You can use c. hp to hit Oro underneath SA2.

-You can beat a db, f+mpxxsa2 with s. hp on reaction (the fireball goes up and you beat his super before it comes out)

-To walk and parry fireballs while walking, you can parry the fireball using df>f(hadouken walk. If you need more clarification ask below.)

-Use c.lk buffered with sa1/3 to stop+punish Oro’s dashes

Ground vs Air:

-When Oro does an unblockable setup with superjump, use b. hp to stop it.:
Younghou Translation: [b.hp when he gonna cross up you standing, is again standing unblockeable of oro. Example: Oro throws you backwards, you quick stand, he does a fireball xx sa2, and he can super jump over you, and do an unblockable on you. You can use b.hp to beat the superjump sometimes.]

-You can evade Oro’s QCB+KK with a forward dash on reaction and punish on the other side. (This is also good to avoid chip damage.)

Air vs Air:

• You can use j. mk to stop double jumps.

Air vs Ground: -

***Parry Punish: *** -

Red Parry Punishes:

s.hp - (b.mkxmp tornado hook)
qcb+k - (f.dash>hcf+hp)
db,f+pp - (hcf+hp)

Details:

• You can use meaty UoH to dodge a wake up ex SRK from Oro

• Use QCB+P, Reversal SA3 or down parry > qcb+p to escape the Oro unblockable.

• parry>(parryx2) rapido y luego cubrete contra el imbloqueable con los c.hp y super salto
    **Younghou Translation:**parry>>>parry>parry and block vs the c.hp oro unblockeable set up. Block the last hit of the super and block the s.mp launcher.

• UoH > SA1 combos on oro no matter where you are, as long as he is crouching.
    For Example: You can do j.drill > uoh>sa1. If he’s crouching it will combo. The timing doesnt matter because the hit box for Oro is very very small when he is crouching.

-There’s a distance where you can parry forward vs Oro and the risk for you is very low. The only thing to worry about is c. hk, but you can block this on reaction because its slow.

Reversals on Block:

c.hk - (sa3)
s.hp - (sa3)
qcb+p[the grab] - (s.mpxxsa3/sa1, db.hp)
uoh - (sa1,sa3)

More Coming…

Damn… i guess you are taking trips to the grave yard?

:tup: to this thread!

I really need advices against :

Chun-li

Ken

Twins

Urien

Ryu

Akuma

So basically every character you’re actually likely to encounter.

gg.

DONT cr.mk/s.hp/s.hk when Chun has meter built cause she can SA you on block/miss/hit…
SAI
pick…pick…pick
b.lp/mp
parry parry parry…

not much you can do (vs a good Chun) but pick, parry and BnB

ken usually tries to rushdown necro… faster, can do 2 consecutive srks, and hit priority in on ken’s side. vs a more footsy ken, necro can pick, make/close distance, and make use of his EX ax kick (qcb+K) and EX head pounce (qcf+P). figthing ken (for me) is always about nailing his mistakes and getting him in the corner with b.mp>command.grab and his tornado hooks.

when you have your opponent in the corner, it becomes necro’s world of mixup, corner resets, and picking. i need to upload some ken videos… will do that when i 100% FFXIII (and may stop when XIII-2 is released)

will update later when i have a video to comment on. pretty much mid screen distance, parry and bnb, rinse and repeat.

[media=youtube]S-TU4rWkHig[/media]
i love this machup… funest fights i have ever had…
game is a bit lag so i missed out on some corner pounding…

necro and urien have one common goal… to get the oponent in the corner and punish. necro can use his command grab to put urien in the corner (if necro is cornered) and start off with some corner mix-ups and reset game.

one thing you should get used to is this:
(urien cornered)
bnb>lp.hooks , db.hp X 5
b.mk>mp.hooks xx SAIII db.hp X 5

if ureint traps you with his reflector SA and does hk.knee press:
parry backwards to parry the knee press and immidiately parry forward twice (3 parries, one on your back and 2 in front) and block DOWN. Urien players see standing parries and will go for a low hit… that is just a common tactic that is used.

really case by case, but dont let urien play his corner game… play yours.

easier than ken, pretty much the same mental, but you can be more aggressive. in general, ryu can’t double srk, is slower, moves are easier to parry, and the match feels more slower than vs ken.

more defensive play, but use same strategy as ken… be prepared to parry more and dash back more. EX hooks to get out of the corner if he deamon flips or air fire balls you. Gouki has low hp, so 3 bnb’s and a stun combo will be the keystone for beating him. parry… parry… parry…

Thanks !

I don’t know how to fight shotos, if i should play defensively or not.

defensively would be the easy and good way. offensive vs a “good” shoto player is not good for necro.

updated post #6 BTW

Thanks for your help, good advices here, i think i was played too much offensively, that’s why i was loosing so much against shotos… now i try to play more footsies, spacing against shotos.

Can you explain the df>f hadouken walk?

Yang is very hard to deal with, don’t know which SA is the best against him.

Yun only because of his Genei, i found some funny things like super jump to drill LK to go away but it’s not really reliable, think SA1 is the best.

Chun is really hard too, i found some things though : cr.MK beat her back fierce but her far roundhouse beats it, but you can whiff punish it with some things : sweep, cr.lk xx SA3, db fierce… however, still tough to approach.

Ken is hard but i feel he’s doable if you play very good, Dudley too.