NC Thread LXIX

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT!

WEDNESDAY NIGHT BRAWLS WILL BE HAVING TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 TOURNEY TOMORROW!

COME GET SOME AND SUPPORT YOUR GAME!

Echoā€¦Echoā€¦[SIZE=3]Echoā€¦[SIZE=2]Echoā€¦[SIZE=1]Echoā€¦[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

ReSe Update:

Last week to preregister. Save yourself time and money by registering this week before January 13th!!

www.resetourney.com/tournaments/registration

See you guys in 2 weeks for the hypest ReSe yet!!!

Hi guys, not sure if you have heard but the Carolina Games Summit is coming up in February here in Goldsboro. If you can please spread the word and come out and enjoy! Weā€™re hoping to break 1500+ attendees this year!

2/3 Marvel on PS3? :confused:

PSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALLPSYCHO BALL

I won. See you at ReSe

I lost. See you at RESE.

Also I hear Javier quit because James beat him. Confirm/Deny?

Let the provocation begin.
I just think Iā€™m better at everyone at everything. GET HYPE!!!

Man on the real, I feel like Iā€™ve kinda hit a plateau in KoF. Not even sure why Iā€™m losing anymore lol.

Anyone got any tips of stuff I could improve?

Yeahā€¦time constraints not to mention its not really a super competitive tournament. We had to argue and fight just to keep it double elimination :(. But there is plenty of other stuff for you to enjoy! Exhibitions and vendors, bands, speakers you donā€™t want to be stuck in the mahvel tourney all day at this event(or maybe you do >.>). 10$ covers entry to everything. This is supposed to be more of a come with ur friends and enjoy video games type event. But yeah we definitely pushed for 3/5 marvel sorry guys

STOP WHIFFING DP! The past two weeks that has hurt you a lot.

Jon you could not give up when youā€™re losing that would be good

Most of those are me trying to walk around and do a low kickā€¦ input shortcuts are so lenient.

I donā€™t do that in tournament lol

jon u suk thatā€™s why u losing

Damn, I never thought of it that way.

Jon I think you have to remember that you are the measuring stick. You win a lot and Always adapt to situations really well. I think the more we all play the more that you will learn and continue to grow. You really havenā€™t had to make any serious changes because your stuff was always good enough to win. I am sure that you will get better. I still need to improve on a lot of things. I think the order switch is what got you this time though. Yuri on point is serious. She can just do way too much.

That yuri stuff we all need to get better at fighting lol.

Jon my biggest advice to you would be stop looking to different characters to answer a player issue. You know as well as anyone that there is always something new or better we could all be doing with our characters. There is always another layer that we can reach. You do yourself a disservice when you think your characeters are slowing your progress as a player. It tends to make you think about character limitations instead of mistakes or bad decisions you made during the match.

That said, you definitely donā€™t have to stick with the same three characters. Just make sure the characters you do play you have confidence with regardless of what your facing. Other than that, you just gotta keep playing. We all play and get better together, might not be as immediate as you would like but the skill here is raising slowly but surely. :slight_smile:

You might be right Lu in that I never really had to switch up my stuff because it always worked before. I think people have pretty much caught up / passed me at this point thoughā€¦ I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m even top 3 in the state anymore really. Old dogā€™s gotta learn some new tricks lol

As far as character stuff though, I bounce around on that issue a lot too. Iā€™m tempted to just switch Duo and Kensou and run like EX Iori / Karate / Someone top tier just so I always can blame myself for my losses but I have put a lot of time into my low/mid tier buddies to drop them now. I just donā€™t like not knowing when it was me and when it was the matchup / lack of tools of my characters. Then again, KoF seems pretty matchup heavy, maybe we should all put some time into figuring out who on our roster beats what.

The character thing is really iffy, both sides of the argument have merit. You donā€™t want to take the approach that your characters are necessarily holding you back, as that prevents you from improving as a player. But at the same time, you have to go with what you think you will be most comfortable with, which may not necessarily be a top tier.

Also, regarding lack of tools, part of your problem may be that you are looking for quick fixes to certain issues. I feel like you always look for the path of least resistance when it comes to certain things like mixups, so if the character doesnā€™t have some easy-to-understand 50/50, you automatically say their mixup isnā€™t good and you donā€™t know how to open up your opponent with them. This is one of the cases where the player skill and understanding of the game needs to catch up. Karate is a good example in that heā€™s a really beast character in general on both offense and defense, but because we arenā€™t on that level yet, we get too focused on his seemingly apparent shortcomings.

Personally, Iā€™m dropping Kā€™ and Shen for the time being. Itā€™s not that theyā€™re not good, theyā€™re both amazing characters IMO. I just donā€™t enjoy playing either one of them particularly at this point. That being said, Iā€™m going to pick three characters and basically stick with them for the time being. I need to take the time to really get a grip on the game as a whole and bouncing around between characters isnā€™t helping.