Nash - Season 02 - Balance Changes Discussion

Making cr.MK cancellable would mean you’d have to nerf its range quite a bit. It seems to reach about 20% further than Chun-Li’s cr.MK.

At most, comboing from V-trigger would be acceptable.

Otherwise you’d be beating a lot of the characters on the ground by spamming that into ex tragedy, ex booms - not to mention the scythes. It would be too good.
But then again, Chun’s cr.MK> ex legs is also too good.

^ Afo you play nash? Didn’t know that :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I haven’t played him enough yet. But he’s a very good sub character to have. I was shocked how good I got with him in literally 2 days.
If you main Vega I think you must have a sub. I think both him and Vega will be stronger in season 2.

However I just heard about the meter nerf. That might affect Nash.

Nash frame data changes:

• st. MP is -4 oB (was 0)
  • st. MK is -1 oB (was 0)
  • st. HP is 8f startup (was 7f)
  • cr. HP is +7 oH (was +6). comboes into knee bazooka
  • f+HK is +3 oH (was +2) and -3 oB (was -2)
  • b+MK is +2 oB and +4 oH (was 0/+2)
  • L Boom is -2 oH and -6 oB (was -3/-7)
  • M Boom is 0 oH and -4 oB (was -1/-5)
  • H Boom is +4 oH (was -3). comboes into st. LP
  • EX Moonsault is +2 oB and +7 oH (was +1/+6). same as cr. HP
  • forward dash looks to be 19f of startup wtf??

Unlike what other people said, EX scythe is still not invincible.

thx for the update. i really wonder if this will be the final release version.
i updated the startpost.

why would someone want to kombo cr hp into knee bazooka?
only thing which comes into my mind is when you are far away and cant link a mp afterwards.
did knee bazooka changed on hit/block?

i dont know…,for me it looks like they dont know what to do with him but maybe i just oversee the big plan behind these changes.

Woah, b+MK got a big buff if that’s true. I already used that move a ton more than a lot of Nash players but now it would be mandatory in blockstrings given the s.MP nerf.

s.HP nerf is to make it so he can’t do c.HP > s.HP I’m guessing. Wont really matter for reversal punishes but kinda sucks for s.HP CC fishing.

Some changes seem pointless like s.MK, the move is not even used in neutral outside of anti-airs, what does adding a frame of block recovery do?

It seems like they are improving his fireball game as well if they haven’t fucked with the recovery. I wonder if HP Boom in the corner would leave him close enough to link s.LP>MP target combo after… Probably not but would be cool.

Back mk, ex moonsaulf, and boom changes are very exciting.

@OceanMachine
-can back mk link into anything on counter hit? It used to push back too far to jab even if there was more advantage. CH knee into sweep or bazooka would be great!
Still 5F startup?

-what is low fierce block advantage?(was +3), does counter hit low fierce still link into stand fierce with fierce being slower?

-is the sonic boom advantage seem to be due to more hitstun or less recovery? Can you see if a single ex boom can be linked out of?

-is light moonsault still +1? I know you would have said so but it’s important so I’m just asking

Thank you!

b+MK links into st. and cr. MP on CH. I’m gonna look at the startup right now.
edit: yes it’s still 5f. It can punish Laura’s regular clap on block.

Low fierce frame data is still +3 on block. And yes it links into st. fierce on CH.

I can’t really tell the recovery changes since I don’t play Nash. You can though link a single EX boom into st. jab (couldn’t you do that before?)

No changes to Moonsaults other than EX.

Wow! Back mk is my favorite move now.

I have one more question and then I’ll leave you alone. Can ending the round with tragedy assault (the grab) trigger stage transitions. It currently cannot.

And no he can’t currently link out of any sonic boom.

lol! No it still doesn’t, sorry.

when you are in the corner you can conect to lp or lk after a single ex boom.
is that what you talk about ocean or can he do it now midscreen too?

seems i have to get used to back mk…barely used it. :stuck_out_tongue:
when even crouch mp works on ch the pushback seem to be reduced too?

edit- does any of his tragedy assault stats changed? man i wish this thing would be a overhead…

Oh god what if back mk combos into medium tragedy assault

you can do it on a back mk counterhit so…maybe its possible now regulary?!
i dont know the frameadvantage of a counterhit to a regular one…so…no idea but it would be nice.

Nope, you can’t, not even on CH. Sorry :frowning:

hmm…but when its +4, so better then now …why is it not comboable on ch into a m tragedy?
did they increased the startup of tragedy assault?

are you sure that you get the timing right? might not be easy as a non nash main.
i am in tr mode and it works in the current version on counterhit…

@OceanMachine thanks again mang good info

Oh shit you’re right, it works on CH. I might’ve messed things up with my pad.

thx good, otherwise it would mean that ta is slower now and its in my eyes already slow as fuck :stuck_out_tongue:

does anyone know how much frame advantage you get on counterhit?

edit- another question…is his cr mk now v-trigger cancellable? i doubt it but why not asking when there is someone who can test it out :slight_smile:

It always was. It doesn’t combo (only jab on counter hit) but you definitely can cancel it.

CH frame advantage is always +2.