Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

Makes me wonder what the PS3 Project Naruto game will be like. I think that might go Adventure style mode as well, not sure. Cyberconnect2 are developing it.

If this is primarily an adventure game, with a little 2-player vs mode tacked on as a sideshow, then it can be good.

If this is being showcased as only a fighter, then it will be a terrible game, no doubt.

*ObZ

Its primarily an adventure game with a “little” vs mode attached.

The thing is, the vs mode is more fleshed out than most other Naruto fighters. Online play/tournaments, complex jutsus, and overall better balance. The “fighting game” gameplay is also used in the adventure mode when you encounter an enemy, or during a boss fight.

They talk about this more in the dev dairy;

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14839/Second-Naruto-Rise-of-a-Ninja-Developer-Diary/

This game actually looks fun, the graphics look pretty nice as well.

does anyone know if we are going to be able to switch to the original Japanese voices? I hate the english ones >_<

Never played a Naruto game but I’m a fan of the manga(never watched the anime though and super happy that they’re releasing 3 mangas at a time til end of the year),.

This game does look good, I may just buy it too if my Xbox 360 makes it back from repairs from getting RROD’d.

Game is busted.

You can sidestep really anything and just with mashing Up. You can even sidestep while you’re in hit stun. Hell, you don’t even do any combos, PP is the only thing guaranteed as a combo. It’s really just sidestep and PP. Plays nothing like GNT.

Tier List:
Class S: Sakura, Rock Lee.
Class A: Naruto, Orochimaru.
Class B: Kakashi. Gaara

Everyone else under that in some random order.

The developers wanted the game to play where you do a 7-8 hit combo that knocks the opponent far away enough to do a jutsu. Jutsus vary in difficulty, from the player to hit A/B/X/Y button first to actually catching the opponent with the Right/Left Analog Sticks. The sidestep is really just as broken.

No word on if they bother trying to balance the game out, only online plans from what I’ve heard is adding Shikimaru as DLC because he wasn’t done by final build.

Oh and reasonings for Sakura & Rock Lee. Sakura’s slightly above Lee. She has a jutsu that heals life progressively as time goes by. She’s the turtle character, and with the Sidestep system the way I last tried it, she’s busted.

Rock Lee, Rock Lee has a move in one combo that gets him behind the opponent’s back (The only time where the opponent has to slightly time their sidestep to avoid the back-turned attack). Then his tier one 8 chakra gates gives him 5x power and speed. The different tier means slight damage modifiers and self-health decrease.

I was going to buy it, but just going to rent it out now to see how much “fun” this could be online.

Game looks pretty damn stupid actually :V

Screens looked promising. Gameplay looks otherwise.

=/

bummer.

the way Sorwah put it made me die inside…

but hey, its suppose to be an action adventure game I suppose.

The single-player mode you ONLY get to play as Naruto. That’s it. You can also beat the adventure mode in 7-10 hours. Computer doesn’t even sidestep until hard difficulty and even then it’s hardly used.

again, its billed as an adventure game. i really don’t see how people are harping over the vs mode so much when it’s not even the focus of the game. its like buying a street fighter game just for the bonus rounds.

that would be a nice way of saying it. If it weren’t for the fact that all battles are done in that vs. module. You travel around until you have to fight, then it goes into the vs module. There’s no challenge, you can only be naruto, and the computer is rather dumb. I’m just warning those people who are unsure of it and are looking to enjoy the fighting game engine (like I was) hoping it would be something similar to GNT.

Bah. Well…I WAS hyped until I read this. Thanks Sorwah.

But I already got this and VF5 pre-ordered so…Meh.

One question though, how many characters total?

This game seems random, but oh well. I wish they finally make a pure Naruto fighter. It’s not even shippuden which makes it kind of lame in the 1st place. Not to mention the English voices :\

There’s 10 characters playable in versus mode.

Again, I’m renting it to see if they fixed anything but I highly doubt they did or even care. The team didn’t even realize the sidestepping problem until recently.

Oh and there will be a downloadable item for Japanese Voices last I heard. Something about not having them in time to put on the disc (Most likely space issues though).

Videos from IGN:

Gaara vs Orochimaru: [media=youtube]ff92lMPnleM[/media]

Rock Lee vs Orochimaru: [media=youtube]gm9tWde8yLA[/media]

Neji vs Orochimaru: [media=youtube]a9RqRfHkWZg[/media]

Kiba vs Neji: [media=youtube]omqN9ojoWjk[/media]

Zabuza vs Sasuke: [media=youtube]pzjdtFtRO70[/media]

even though this game may not have the best fighting engine…GET HYPE!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27214.html

Edit: Ign reviewed it…8.4

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/831/831258p1.html

apparently the game is pretty short…6-8 hours…X.X…but they said it was good…eh…sounds like another heavenly sword situation…cept with non deep (but supposedly) fun fighting system

they should have just made a prince of persia type game and just slapped naruto’s picture on.

any word on Japanese voices?