Mystic Gohan Thread - Potential Unleashed

@dialupsucky

Wanna pick your brain here; after the initial deflect how quick are you able to get a normal, special or super out in a block string like this, frame-wise?

I think literally anyone can click with Goku and Vegeta’s assists

Well in this final version it is not instant anymore I know that much, it certainly isnt as free as it was in past beta. Couldnt tell ya how fast it is not a frame data dude, if its just reflect you can reflect into anything immediately but now my guesstimate is it looks like when the character is done with their initial swipe of their hand or whatever they do to deflect then you can cancel with a normal special whatever.

Anyway cool video, I was just being anal really since vegetas assist and him stand alone with those moves curiously they “fixed” them if you will in that you cant deflect through it for free… but didnt bother to do that for the very last hit of the fireball for some reason meaning if you see it you can still theorectically mash at the end and youll deflect for free. Curiously as well gotenks spam fireball some of the fireballs in it as well are deflectable. Go figure. like the developers got lazy and just threw a couple freebies in their for ya

IOH Fuzzy utilizing Ex machinegun kick

Beware of using EX Legs with Adult Gohan at Lvl 1:

Further clarification from @“Evil Canadian”

Man! I was getting punish like a muthafucker in rank this afternoon for doing that :smiley:

I thought I was doing something wrong, thanks for the info bro.

Can someone tell me the point of Gohan’s rapid flying kick and Potential Unleashed?

Flying Kicks is a complete part of Gohan’s pressure. You can litterally finish every blockstring with 2H 236M. It is safe but minus. With a proper assist it is not only safe, you can just continue you offense. 2H 236H is plus on block and gives High/Low mixup in the corner. 236L is unsafe and not usefull until someone found something with it, maybe in a corner combo.

Check Yogaflame24’s Youtube, there’s a recent video between a GG and an UNIEL player. One of them use Gohan and use Flying Kick blockstring all the time.

With Potential Unleashed Level 1, you gain access to some new possibilities. 214L or M H will always teleport above your opponent’s head wherever he is. You can for exemple finish combo with j.LL2H214L instead of j.LLL for a bit more damage.
3L is a new move (same as the second move of LLL autocombo).
The autocombo is different as well.

After that every level enhance Gohan’s damage up to Level 7 where you gain acces to reverse beat strings which open new combo potential.

Also, at some of his higher levels the damage on his ex qcf specials starts to surpass lvl 1 supers.

Level 1 give access to a vortex using 214H after a smash 2H.

Tested it and it is indeed untechable. You always get up the same way. Have to test if you can connect a 214H without Level 1 using an assist.

That was fucking beautiful man, just amazing.

I’ve made some lab about 214H.

You don’t need to be level 1 to connect it. Just use a proper assist. Tien, Vegeta, Yamcha works for exemple.

If Gohan is level 1 or above, he can do it by himself without an assist using 2H or j.H that should smash (when camera angle is triggered).
In both situation, assist or level 1 you have to sacrifice your 2H smash or 214H will not HKD.

So you’ve land 214H, what do you do now ?

In mid screen :

An easy and effective setup I’ve found is maintain 8 to jump vertically. From there you have different options :

j.H : one of the option you will use the most. They cannot TP. Reversals are too slow, Gohan can block while landing. So basically they have to block it.

Once they learn to respect it :

Empty jump 5L : very fast low. You can mess around with the timing using j.2S
Low height IAD j.H : will crossup. You can thet follow with 5M,2M etc…
Low height IAD 2S 5L : with proper 2S timing, you can land in front or behind your opponent.

In the corner :

You can connect 214H without an assist. I have to search for optimal combos this way.

Vertical jump setup still apply but you’ll lose the crossup possibilities.
On tall characters you can j.H land j.L and they will get hit if they try to crouch after the j.H. Have to check the timing and how you can convert from there.
I also need to check if you can do it mid screen.

Note that you can also use meaty 6M, timing is tricky to connect with 5L. IMO that is one of the worst option as 6M can be block on reaction.
More to come probably.

1 Like

I thought if you delay tech you can get the up tech from any ground slide

You cannot delay wake up in this case. There’s only one way to get up.

BTW the 214H must be air 214H in order to get the untechable KD. On the ground your opponent can tech.

Not a true no bar combo.

Can you guess why?

-sigh-

Why bro?

He needs to be Level 1 to do that. Standard Gohan Bnb in Level 1

That’s a very good combo. Thanks for sharing. 5700+ and more than 2 bars is very good indeed.