My safe jumps never work. (Viper player)

It really messes with my oki/vortex/pressure.

I use forward throw and either dash dash j.hk, or dash hp tk feint sj hk, or dash hp seismo feint sj hk.

The above IIRC are supposed to safe jump up to 4 frames and I’ve seen Latif safe jump a ton of stuff that is hitting me.

I play online, is it a timing thing to the frame? I will go ahead and add my meaties don’t always work (overhead MP usualy does). I am not throwing them out on known 3 framers.

I think they’re frame perfect, but the double dash safe jump should be easy to do even online, I mean just mash dash and then hold jump

Also make sure you are buffering the move inputs for the cancels into the previous move. Dash needs to be buffered into f. Throw recovery and HP knuckle needs to be buffered into dash. Just have to practice those. Also don’t know if it makes a difference but a lot of people use j.FP instead for the safe jump setups instead of j.HK.

I have the same problem with back throw setups, but those have to be manually timed and online it is just a no go against the 3 framers unless i’m feeling YOLO.

The backthrow unblockable I land almost everytime without any fancy feints or even timing practice in training, weird.