My Jugg's Basics

Hi all, Im new to this forum but I want to put my 2 cents in about Juggs. He’s my fav character but not my best lol. Heres How I evaluate Juggs.

Pros:
Can Control ground Space very well
Extremely strong
Has power-up glitch
Covers Assists very well

Cons:
Big
Slow
Horrible dashing/air speed
Cannot control air Space

Heres my tips and strats on Juggs.

Juggs doesnt have too much in his arsenal but he doesnt need a big list. He does a hellish amount of damage and kills extremely quick. Juggs matches up with almost any character in the game. His worst match up is Cable.

Playing Juggs REQUIRES patience and the ability to predict your opponent’s intentions. Juggs is a punishing character like Cable. When they screw up, their pretty much dead.

Depending on who Juggs is matched up with, you can decide to rush down with Juggs or play defensively while waiting for an opening. Be sure to be ready to block and DO NOT get greedy. Juggs takes more damage than you would think.

1. j.HP controls space very well. It covers almost half the screen if im not mistaken. Very effective in luring an opponent into a corner. Also, if you do connect a j.HP, it can lead into a Headcrush.

2. Proving the right assists for Juggs is essential. He is slow at dashing and has slow air speed. Be sure to provide a decent projectice assist or an AAA. NOTE that JUGGS is very big and can cover an assist when they come out.

FOR EXAMPLE: an ironman PROJECTILE ASSIST is SAFE because Jugg’s big body prevents anyones limbs from reaching your assist.

1. Assist Hyper break is something That juggs provides. This works for a good portion of many Hyper Combos. To explain what I mean, it pretty much is no.2 against a Hyper combo.

EXAMPLE: Proton Cannon vs Juggs. When blocking a Proton Cannon, a projectile assist WILL HIT ironman because Jugg’s body shields the assist. The assist will jump out unharmed. (Depending on projective, can lead into Headcrush)

1. Juggs has super armor and can sometimes beat out any rusher with a HP. Against a rushdown, attempt to bait them with an assist. If they come after your assist, punish them. Juggs will usually do more damage when exchanging blows. As long as you get 1 hit in, it can lead to a Headcrush.

2. Headcrush is undoubtly the STRONGEST hyper combo in the game. In one attack, it can either wipe a character off the screen or do over 75% damage. To do this effectively, you need to mash. Headcrush does 4-8 hits. It starts up almost immediately and thanks to Jugg’s super armor, it continues through regular attacks and some special moves.

3. Kill off assists. Its obvious a team is a team when there is 3. But when you cut off a limb, u get rid of 1 dimension making it easier for you. A player will usually send an assist to cover their attacks but that would mean “who is covering the assist?” killing an AAA assist is something that Juggs should be worried more about than who is on point. YES juggs may get punished for it but will they send out the assist again? maybe not.

Killing off assists makes it easier for juggs to win the fight. It makes your opponent think twice before hitting that assist button and reduces the life SIGNIFICANTLY of their assists when their point player dies.

1. Use Jugg’s HP grab over his LP. You can combo off the HP grab and even HeadCrush after it.

2. Only perform his glitch when its safe. Such as on a snapback, assist covering Juggs, or when you kill a character.

GOOD ASSISTS FOR JUGGS

1. Any Beam projectile assist. I usually use a stun type beam. This way, if it connects, it keeps the opponent on the floor for a Headcrush. Juggs is slow so you need a ranged attack coming from somewhere. Having an opponent block the beam gives Juggs the chance to move in closer.

2. Dr.Doom (B) - Causes great chip damage and covers up Jugg’s attacks from the top of his head down to his toes.

3. Tron © - Nothing more needs to be said. The most physically strongest Character paired up with the most damaging Assist.

4. Cyclops, Ken, Commando, Psylocke AAA - Anything that will come out and knock away any rushers will keep the pressure off Juggs.

5. Zangief (Ground) - Gets rushers trapped for a Punishment. Zangief is also big enough to cover Juggs from attacks.

6. Spiral (Projectile) - Effective for Jugg’s rushdown. Her swords are difficult to get around and cause decent chip damage. They are even harder to get around if a big Juggs is coming from above.

7. Storm (A) - Typhoon is pretty much the only projectile that cannot be intercepted. Gives Juggs a little more insurance. The only downside to this assist is it’s start up time. The biggest plus is the DHC to hail storm.

Against the 4 Gods~~~

1. Mag - Mag has the speed and combo potential. Against a guy like Juggs, its pretty much a combofest. Mag is strictly a rushdown so you would need to rely on patience and defense. Of course Mag tumbles around with mix ups so you will need to watch for the overhead kicks and low kicks.

What I find best is to hop backwards. It blocks any downward hit and you avoid any low kicks. But this doesnt mean continually hop backwards. Every Mag is different in their rushdown patterns, you need to watch them and adapt to it. When mag does miss a ground hit, he is completely vulnerable. You can come down with a HP, HP, Headcrush. ALWAYS watch for Assists. They may use them to cover up the miss. You can always Headcrush the Assist but be ready for a slight punshiment. If you dont want Juggs hurt, just DHC.

A HP can ward off a square/triangle jumping Mag. You will exchange blows but Mag will pay a heftier price.

Taking the offense against Mag is tricky but not impossible. Limit your air attacks becuz Juggs doesnt have super armor in the air. That means any AAA will take him out. Your gonna have to try some mix ups with j.HP and c.LP but limit the amount of attacks. Try covering up the attacks with either projectile assists or an AAA. If Mag tries to punish your assist, remember to return the favor.

Mag takes alot of damage, 1 combo from Juggs will send him packing with around 25% left.

1. Storm - Somehow I find this match up easier than Mag. A good Storm runway game completely takes Juggs out of the picture. Typhoon attacks are very effective against Juggs becuz they hit mutiple times making his Super Armor useless. Luckily, she isnt as fast as Mag. However, she can still combo Juggs like no tomorrow.

Most of the strats against Storm are similar to Mag strats. The difference is that Storm is 2 dimensional. She can runaway which takes it to a different level. When I get matched up with storm, I focus more on her assists. Storm is more effective with assists due to the set ups and DHC. Especially with Juggs dealing out the damage, you probably wont see that AAA assist coming back out. Remember to DHC into a safe hyper if needed becuz storm can definitely take the advantage.

The one thing i find that is in Jugg’s favor is Storm’s ability to control space. Juggs wont be jumping or flying so there wont be any air fighting. Plus Juggs cant chase her very well anyways. When storm is in the air, you need to watch for any AAA assists. If storm sj and an AAA assist comes out, block it and Headcrush. Storm cant cover it due to her sj. A lighting attack downwards will just get her caught in it.

Once Storm has no help, they are most likely gonna run away. The only chances of taking her out at this time is when she comes flying down. Only chase her when she is flying down. Jugg’s j.HP has the range to knock her to the floor or leading to a combo. Juggs can kill Storm pretty easily if Storm gets hit. So expect Storm to play alot safer than usual.

Headcrush can beat out a Hailstorm.

1. Sentinel - Very tough match up. The main strat for Sentinel is smiliar to Storms. Sentinel can runaway and rushdown VIA unfly. The pressure is on Juggs due to his big body.

Limit your jumping. Staying ground keeps Jugg’s super armor. Focus more on the assists than Sentinel. Sentinel can call an assist while flying. Chances are they are gonna be an AAA. Try to get rid of the assists. Since both Juggs and Sentinel are so large, if Sentinel tries to envade your Headcrush, he’ll get caught in it too. Mostly likely he will just fly up and around leaving his assist to take the damage. The AAA is more of a priority.

The advantage goes to Juggs when it comes down to a ground fight. Juggs has a better range and his attacks have faster startup times. If Sentinel is on the ground, try to lure him into a corner. Once in the corner, rythmically attack using jumping attacks or even try a grab. This keeps him corner and remember to assist at the appropriate times to cover Juggs. Watch out for their assists if they have any left.

To kill Sentinel, Juggs would usually need 2-3 combos. If Sentinel is playing keep away with HP, Drones, Rocket Punch, your gonna need to be patient and time your s.j. Its best to GOOD projectile assist. Depending on the character size, Juggs may be able to use his body to cover the attack so juggs can escape.

For advance user, you can Headcrush a Rocketpunch. The Rocketpunch extends Sentinel’s hit box across the screen.

1. Cable - God I hate this match up. Cable will keep away like there is no tomorrow. BUT there are tiny tricks that will have Juggs the last man standing.

Jugg’s Biggest advantage here is his Super armor. So be very careful when jumping and attacking. Killing off assists is fine as long as Cable has 1 or no bars. Juggs must get in close to lay down hell on cable. Cable cannot beat Juggs on a rushdown attack since Juggs can do at least 75% damage on him in 1 combo.

Try to put pressure on cable forcing miscues. Thanks to his super armor, Juggs can Headcrush through Cable’s 2nd kicks and his HP gun. Juggs can Headcrush through a standard viperbeam. If you have the timing down, you can Headcrush at the start of a grenade. If they screw up and do a standing HVB, do a Headcrush to return the favor.

As long as you get to the middle of the screen, things look better for Juggs. His j.HP comes in handy and will knock Cable over but you need to limit your air attacks becuz cable will hit a AHVB sooner or later.

Well thats All i can write for now. These are just my basics to Juggs. Hopefully they are helpful to newcomers.

nice thread. i think that Doctor Doom is his worst match-up. A good doom will probably put the smash on a great Juggernaut.

Why is that? Lets look at Juggs Headcrush and Doom’s Molecular sheild. Headcrush is instant, and molecular sheild is almost instant. However molecular sheild has ridiculous priority. I was playing my cousin and I used Headcrush and he used Molecular sheild when Doom was on point and he stop Juggy dead in his tracks. Also if you didn’t know, Doom’s Assist (B) beats Juggs Headcrush easily too.

Air photon alley super (or hyper whatever you call it) is instant and can beat Headcrush. No question about it. However, not very sure about the regular air photon alley. Photon Alley on the ground I am sure that it will not beat Headcrush simply because it is too slow to start up. But I don’t think a good doom is going to use that, so that’s a bummer.

The way I beat a Doom, good or bad, is that I catch them in an assist then headcrush. or combo it at least. if you use Juggs extremely good pokes and Headcrush, it would be a wrap for Doom. Play defensive. Punish him when he does something stupid.

Well there’s my two cent. Hope the thread stay’s alive.

Hey this is helping me keep the info going guys

You can beat Doom with Jugg. Granted there is little room for error.

Try to avoid most air battles, Jugg tends to lose (face full of photons). Wavedashing helps. Good pushblocking helps. Then again, that’s with any character…

Throw him on the wall. Headcrush. Done.

I tend to try to kill Doom off the side (as an assist) if at all possible. Makes things easier. The average joe abuses calling him, anyway. Exploit this.

Merry Christmas people!!

Well let me put up teams that I use with Jugg. Some are obvious, some are not.

Jugg(Y)/Doom(B)/Tron(Y): Team Z. Juggs best fit. Period. Get good with Doom. From what I see on Youtube, most of the offense is from him. This team is hard to learn for me at least. But the damage output is outstanding when you do right with the team.

Jugg(B)/Cable(A)/Psylocke(A): I call this the MSP killer. This means Anti-rush down. If magneto dares to rush Jugg, call Psylocke, OTG with Cr. lp then Jugg punch his bitch ass. You could possibly headcrush him too. This team does need alot of meter, so you can sub Cable for Cyke to get more meter for Jugg.

CapAm(A)/Jugg(Y)/CapCom(B): Jugg has to play back up in this. Try to combo the assist from either Jugg or Capcom for some heavy damage. E.G: Cr. lp. lp. hp+Jugg assist, sj. lp hp (assist hits). Didn’t calculate the damage however.

Jugg(B)/Sent(A)/CapCom(B): Use the glitch. switch to Sent then wreck some hell. Use Fly in a middle of an air combo and the assist at the same time (DK+jugg assist), do a hp afterwards to knock them down into Jugg’s assist. If timed correctly, a shit load of damage. Its the same as the combo using capcom’s assist. It’s real dificult for me to do, but I happened to pull it out of my ass and did it.

Well that’s all that I got. Rod Driguez is absolutely right. Try to kill Doom off the side (as an assist) if possible. If you are dealing with a spammer, do as my brother would say…FUCK HIM UP!! lol

Doom is a tough matchup for Juggs. Pretty much anyone who has great spacing and mobility is tough for Juggs. Rod Driguez is right about taking him out as an assist. Even hurting him a great deal would help becuz when he goes on point he will die fast.

When matched up against Doom on point, ur gonna have to play him a bit like sent/storm if hes gonna spam photons. Its best to get around him when he is coming downwards. Try a random body slam or just a j.HP. Once you are able to knock him down, Doom is pretty much on the run. Keep him grounded. Doom isnt fast enough to break Jugg’s super armor. Juggs only needs a HP or HK into headcrush to end it in close combat.

yeah Jugg can’t win an air battle ever. So the focus of the whole match is to beat someone on the ground.

Hey funguy, I need help against cyclops though. optic blast xx SOB is a killer to me. if the cyke player is smart he would spam that all damn day against jugg. Any help?

Cyke controls the air better than Juggs but he isnt very good at it like sent/storm. Heres a few tips if cyke is spamming optic blasts.

Use assists to take the first hit. As long as Juggs doesnt take the first hit, His super armor works to his advantage. A player has to be dumb to attack an assist if Juggs is on point. Either 2 things can happen, Cyke will SOB or Cyke wont do anything becuz Juggs didnt get hit. If Cyke decides to SOB, then your assist will take all the damage leaving Juggs unharmed. Cyke’s beams dont flow through a character so you can Headcrush in return becuz Cyke has a cooldown animation where he does this weird looking dance lol. If Cyke DOESNT SOB, you can rush in with a j.HP to keep him grounded. If the assist takes the hit, Juggs can usually roam free while Cyke is in the optic blast animation.

Also, like i said before, Cykes beams dont flow all the way through a character. You can always use a BEAM PROJECTILE assist if Cyke SOB. If i remember correctly, Jugg’s body is big enough to cover his assist against a SOB. This will allow the assist to come out successfully and shoot a beam stopping the SOB. Depending on the Beam, you can follow up with a headcrush. I prefer using ironman or storm.

Juggs vs Cyke is a very easy match up for me. Juggs super armor walks through the majority of his attacks. When closing in on Cyke, use assist for mix ups and make sure to keep him grounded. Cyke likes to s.HK for meter so if they spam assists to keep Juggs grounded, headcrush the assists. Anything Cyke follows up with shouldnt be too punishing. Jugg’s j.HP is usually trouble for Cyke when he is on the run. It knocks him down and keeps him on the floor. Always watch for assists becuz thats the ONLY way Cyke wins.

I seriously hate Glitched Juggernaut (especially after playing Juggrknott), but it’s his biggest advantage with his lack of air control. Still, I really dislike the fact that one single Assist after being powered up can wipe you out, especially if it’s late in the game and it’s coming down to a hair.

Thats why juggs is my Favorite lol… Only needs a 8 hit head crush and the game is over. No need for these 50+combos or DHC storm/sent stuff… Juggs only has 1 super move and thats all he needs lol!

Wow this thread is a little quiet.

Another two cents by me. Headcrush is anti Tri-jump. Magneto shits his pants trying to tri-jump against him. Jugg/Hulk/Sent is a decent team. I went 10-5 against a Team Z player who had one of the best Doom’s I ever played. FP throw is amazing against defensive players. Leads to Headcrush, and another FP throw. Juggs corner game is good because of this.