My Guile Notes

Hey i started playing Guile 1,5 weeks ago. After reading alot about the character and watching some tutorials and gameplay videos i gathered all (in my opinion) important informations. Keep in mind this is still in progress, so it’s not a finished guide or some sort of that. (e.g. for now i have nothing in the matchup category)

I want to share it with the community for two reasons:

1. Maybe it helps (new) players who are starting on maining guile. Giving them a little overview.
    and
  2. Maybe more experienced Guile players could tell me what i should add to complete my notes. Am i missing an important move/combo, are there any category’s i should add?, etc.

You can check out my notes here

if you have any sort of feedback just answer in this thread or you can directly add a comment in the document.

thanks in advance!

Nice I didn’t know those OS or safejumps, also sweet I didn’t know guile had a 3f safejump.

For his BNB, his best BNB is j.hk,s.hp,lp.boom,backfist or j.hk,s.hp,lp.boom,sweep or j.hk,s.hp,lp.boom,st.hp if opponent is conered.

Everyone has different bnb’s imo. I spam cr.lp > St.Hp for most of my punishes and pressure. It’s safe, it’s quick damage and it leaves Guile at the perfect spacing in case the opponent blocks and decides to jump in immediately.

These notes are very helpful, also sort of inspiring. I’ve been trying to learn to play Guile without much success for half a year now, but this gives me some new ideas on what to do.