My first attempt at moding

The only thing I got arguementive over is then one guy who says I know it has been said remark I can’t stand asshats like that thinking they have to act like a admin . Much less wasn’t defensive I listened and if would have took the time to look at the new pics you would see that jeez why ppl so hard ass here

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

That’s a defensive post, and comes off as sarcastic. It might not have been your intent, but that’s what it sounds like. Hence why you got two people kind of fired up about the previous quote. That the above-mentioned quote was directed at someone who had some pretty nice things to say about you, but made a comment about how it didn’t need its own post, since there’s already a thread for ‘check out my arcade stick’ type stuff.

We get people ALL THE TIME who make bad posts, or don’t read the rules, and so you made a mistake. No biggie, just letting you know that it was a mistake, and yet you got sort of testy about it.

I think the main issue was:

And you followed up with:

Which tends to give the impression that you pretty much don’t care what other people think since YOU think it looks good (which, admittedly, your first mod-job is not bad at all).

What you probably could’ve/should’ve answered is something more receptive to the criticism, like “Ok, I’ll remember to remove the layers next time before printing, thanks for pointing that out.” No one said your work was bad. It’s definitely not bad at all. But people pointing out ways that you can improve and make your stuff even better is good food for learning. It’s just that, when Drop One said it, you pretty much said “Shut up and back off.”

Well didn’t mean that

Cool, good to know regardless.

Anyhow, back on topic:
Nice work on the stick for your first. Did you laminate the artwork layer? I can’t really tell, but it doesn’t seem like it based on the reflection of the light.

Also, posts about your new mods/stick, unless doing something completely revolutionary, should go into the “Check out my new arcade stick” thread in the future.

Looks good!

I like it… looking at your pics tho… cant really tell since its blurry a bit on my screen… your shaft cover might be upside down… great artwork!

Yes I did the lambi label Sorry for the blurry its my tablets camera , also the art work is not my making I pulled it off of Google images wich I think linked off of srk here so don’t credit me with the art I just made into a template.

On another note what do you mean buy leaving layers, can someone explain that to me :slight_smile:

I got a idea for a ergonomic arcade stick based of a splitop keyboard here in a bit ill do up some drawings to show some peeps :wink:

Still working out the idea for my next stick pictures coming soon :slight_smile:

btw chill with the emoticons.

for reals.

:eek::D:(:);):cool::confused::oops::rolleyes::mad::p. Really now I’m getting trolled over cartoon faces who would have guessed

Not that I’m hating on you or anything. The stick looks great, but the overuse of smiles just don’t reflect well on the user.

Trust me, I’ve been there.

Drop One is known for a being a social jerk and super OCD with every little thing… let me correct “little thing”… more like things you wouldn’t have thought of and would have made your face like this:

http://smileyti.me/wp-content/uploads/jackie-chan-meme-facebook-chat.jpg

Ever seen his work? It’s great stuff but I don’t think anyone can appreciate it if he’s going to be such an ass.
Anyhow, for your first attempt, or your second attempt, it looks good. Generally I mostly view/praise modding involving LEDs, Soldering, Dual-Mod, or wire organizations, etc. But I supposed your first attempt could involve with changing buttons, balltop, and art. I’m not sure if you changed the joystick to a JLF?

Sure did go with a sanwa jlf