MVCI controls for PC (TE2+)

Hi Guys,
I’ve never played fighting games before so this may be a stupid question. I bought MVCI on PC and I have a Madcatz TE2+ fightstick. In Settings -> Controller Settings it shows a x b y, but on my stick it shows square triangle X O. Is there anyway to change controller settings in game to match my stick while I am learning, or do I need to buy a new graphic cover for my TE2+?

It references the xbox buttons nomenclature on PC regardless of control device, i don’t think you can change that unless you start modding files. Having said that, it isn’t an issue at all because you want to simply press the desired button for that action when setting up your button layout.

Light Punch = assign the button you want
Heavy Punch = assign the button you want
Etc.

Quick layout:
LP HP TAG
LK HK STONE

Or switch the Tag and Stone button around. You can press the start button to clear the assigned button. You can also assign the “Play Back” and “Record” function to the remainder of the buttons that don’t have any actions assigned to them.

[ ] = X, /\ = Y
X = A, O=B

PC games on Windows platform are typically meant to be played with an Xbox controller, just map the buttons as you would normally and forget the symbols on top of your stick.

I’m using
LP HP STONE
LK HK TAG

I use

LP HP Stone Tag
LK HK

but I do have big hands and studied piano, so I can use each finger well. That way HK is the only button I need to move in order to press it, every other is already under a finger