MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

People try and tell me to drop mind and then I see shit like this and I’m like… nah…

Dat Iron Man remix too. Mind with the right team is pretty strong. I’m figuring out more things that I can grab up with the air mind surge. Feels great when you just grab someone out of the air and force them into a combo/mix up.

Did they change anything about hitstun in the december patch? I´m playing with zero, and there’s a combo that feel so much easier to do after the patch… I read the patch notes and didn´t saw any relevant change (character specific)… tried to find something about general system changes… and nothing again.

I’m glad there’s some Mind users. I like to see the dirty resets when they got em. I worked out some UGLY looking shite with Rocket/Brand before I gave up on it mainly because the super meter was nice but frankly Coon/Brand aren’t dependent on it. Coons gattling gun is really unsafe alone and the mine takes 1 bar and lasts forever. Both level 3’s aren’t invincible. So it was kind of Meh. I might revisit mind with my MH/FB team though because ones the demon is out I can see Mind setups being obnoxious as fuck.

Been running into dekillsage a lot in casual, wish I could get this kind of practice all the time

I’ve been looking at MH/Brand a little bit. Wondering if her up arrows converts brands air HP dashes. Thinking similar usage to how Chris G does it. Not sure how mind stone would be with MH though. Soul and space look the best to me

Mind stone is good for catching people trying to block slow normals or frozen during demon mode. Im really digging her with Brand today, but I think part of that is her combos just clicked with me today for almost no reason.

And yo, Zeros level 1 and uppercut are still pretty ridiculous. My meats are eating shit still.

In training mode you’ll notice that landing a mind stone does 1000 damage which doesn’t add to the recorded damage, optimal lvl 3 combos can get u 4500, add the 1000 damage to landing a mindstone and you’re actually doing decent damage off the command grab. At lower levels of health in real matches the scaling is more noticeable. Setting a dummy to 30 percent and doing a mind stone combo with strider doesn’t kill with level 3. But the way i’ve been using mind stone lately is similiar to how I was conditioning people with wesker in umvc3, early on do some frame traps to condition my opponent to block. late game, opponent about to die, usually decides to just block and MIND STONE. That’s a real perk for someone content with just blocking with their last character while they’re waiting for an opening. I’ve closed a good amount of games with a well placed mind stone.

All that is easily block able on reaction AAAAAND you have to get the stone grab first. Hey, I want that stone to be good. It was my first choice, and I still run it in casuals sometimes, but it’s just trash. To be viable it needs to hit like power hits. Grab anywhere, super fast… But that’s just not what it is. And turns out the storm, which I thought was gonna be the strongest part of it all, is damn near useless if your neutral is halfway decent, even with breaks and a dead character

Mind storm should have been the sougenmu. That would be the shit. Zero would even be buffed with double sougenmu. If Zero is buffed, all is right.

True, I hit Punisher the other day. Almost won the first match but when got rematched it wasn’t so close. You learn to appreciate optimal
conversions playing against tournament ready players. I’d almost say my neutral play was better than his BUT when he got a hit? FML.

Yea I think I was only able to take one game from dekillsages main team. Could put up a fight against his other teams. Only took one full set though.

Whenever he had space stone with his main team, it was an automatic kill on one character. It made me realize I need to use soul stone with my cap/morrigan team to stand a chance in the meta, so that’s what I’m sticking to now lol

Had to disappear for a bit. I upgraded my PC specs and have spent the last two weeks making the HQ SFxT content I’ve always wanted to make.

I finally got to do Black Widow’s trials, I really like her “Static” mechanic of charging someone up before hitting them again for a big stun and combo followup.

@MegamanSteve Congrats on making Top 8 at NEC. Glad to see the old guard (re: people who have been pressing buttons since before 09 but chose to sit out the initial eSports wave) make some noise.

So, is air resetting people with a button>time surge>tag legit, or am I reaching mobdeep status?
Didn’t get a chance to play against people yet because I’m waiting to activate my 3 months of plus.

Just wanted to say that it’s sad that when a dedicated tournament player is rocking BP but he still looks like a burden there’s a problem.

Never thought I’d use this meme but…

Feelsbadman

Do any of you guys play on Xbox here?

Probably not. The only guy i know that did sold his I think. Mainly Sony or PC

After pairing thanos with Haggar for the past 2 months I think I’m back to Hawkeye.

My Hawkeye is so weak it’s sickening. You really lose it if you don’t use it in this game.

WTF I just got pinned down in the corner by Chris and lost about 70% health mostly from chip.
Pretty sure he was just doing j.d-HP (gunshot) xx SMG over and over again, but I couldn’t pushblock out of it and if I tried to jump it hit me out of prejump frames.

no invincible supers or rapid fire high jab characters eh? Chris no longer laugh tier? I just lost a match against a very subpar player because the match lagged so bad it was like playing in quick sand. Not that I care about ranked numbers but I couldn’t help but laugh my ass off since I was having good games against this Venom/Strange (although he rage quit the last game) and managed to eek out to almost 9th rank again. Lose to this guy and I lose half of my rank up bar since he was 2 ranks down LOL!

Funny thing is if you beat that same guy you won’t get CLOSE to the amount of bar you lost. Rank seriously steers people to online proof teams I swear.