MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

I think I saw somebody do a crouching LK after an iron man flight cancel in a tourney video and all I could think of is how hard that would be for me to block. Iron man doesn’t need staircase combos to do big damage either. I tried him when the game first came out and couldn’t get the execution on his dashing HP combo right. I want to try him again now that I’m better at the game in general.

His floating mine doesn’t seem as good as smart bomb to me though. What am I missing about it?

Any crap that stays on screen can be useful.

1 Like

Most Iron Man players that I’ve seen don’t use the smart mine much either. It can technically be reflected before it turns into the actual mine so you have to be careful about abusing it at certain ranges. I think it’s best used for incoming setups where you can flood the screen with them and force people into mix ups. Either by dashing around them yourself or using another mobile character that can port around them and get the opponent hit as they go off.

1 Like

I can’t live without wallbounces. Doing clothesline>rocket>tag>Venom trap from fullscreen feels so good. Not using the wallbounce is fucking me over actually, since Nemesis’ super cause an wallbounce, not letting me do a Venom trap because they fly to the other side of the screen.
I always save the ground bounce though.

I’m guessing when you do an air combo and after the hk in the air after the magic series then you tag in your opponent that causes a ground bounce right?

Tune in tomorrow at 12:00 PM PT to find out who wins!

Weird feels like this came out of no where…but yeah more Marvel! =)

The Gecko saving eSports for Marvel. I’ll tune in.

They better have a car insurance/ryu joke somewhere are we riot.

But why are half the invited players SF players???

Dante’s still got the damage, I can get ~6.5k meterless with ultron leading into setplay. Probably would’ve done ~6.8k before the patch lmao

Dantes still the same character. Just can’t stay in the air forever and instead of random jet streams, it his killer bee or whatever his divekick is called lol

Because they got that automobile destruction experience.

Yeah Dante is still busted, top 5 still easily.

A page full of nerfs and he’s still easily top tier.

Shows just how absurd the character was

It’s funny though, Dante players have dropped off DRAMATICALLY, but that may be partially due to Venom. He’s not super prevalent but I see people playing Venom that used to play Dante.

Do you really think lots of players dropped Dante? I highly doubt it or can’t see it since I still think Dante is number 1 in the game still. And I’m a Dante player.

I think the Marvel LIVE video I watched they explained it best. Most of the nerfs were either damage nerfs or individually listed nerfs to his special move auto correction. The damage nerfs don’t matter because in a damage/time based HSD you just do different combos (likely longer combos) and get the same damage any way. The auto correct stuff was obviously something unintentional and something that only he could abuse way more easily than everyone else, so that was gonna go.

Million dollars having slow as hell start up pretty much nerfs it out of being a neutral tool, but still good for setups. Rain dance air action nerf is expected also.

Yeah I see a lot more SpiderMan and Venom. With Power Stone. Everyone figured out that playing other characters with strong mobility with Power Stone basically gives you a light version of pre patch Dante. Power SpiderMan is definitely the new herpety derp.

Doesn’t matter whose number 1 in the game or that you’re a Dante player. It’s ease of use and easy damage. Even if it’s just bad PR due to the nerfs extent there are less Dante players than there once were. Like I said, even I tried out Venom and Winter Soldier so I wouldn’t be surprised if people are still trying to find their place.

Personally I think I need characters with air movement options even if it’s just them flying across the screen like a maniac (Monster Hunter)

Yea you’re right. I will also add that I’m barely grasping the marvel concept as I’m new to these games so you definetely probably know way more than me. Now that I think about it I’m sure there’s plenty of players who only pick top tiers so the fact that he received so many nerfs probly did scare them away lol.

Aerial mobility is still naturally an advantage in this game. But I think a nice counter balance is the Chris/Bucky route where if you can’t fly/2x jump/mobile special about - you should be fucking terrifying on the ground. Hell yeah the floor is lava.