MvC3: Dead Like Me: The Hsien-Ko Team Disscussion thread

I got Hsien-Ko, Ammy, Doom for most situations, Senbu/Cold Star/Hidden Missiles.

Like others have said, get two bars and wait it out for a chance to power up and get out of there, but at times I’ll X-Factor and double Tenrai to kill their point character, or use a bar to snap in a character I need to deal with now before X-Factor (Wolverine, X-23, Phoenix, Sentinel)

I don’t think she sucks as much on point as people think, but at the least when I get DF assist I can play it anyways I want to. Either rushing with Ammy and making them block, or using Doom to keep them away, and Hsien-Ko to get some damage and combo into DHC’s.

Me and my buddies dont like Taskmaster so far. I heard Marn had an opinion on him being one of the best characters but i dont see it. But as far as Haggar goes, he is an absolute beast with Hsien. They have unblockable setups together. Take my word on it, and hit up training mode. It’s almost Strider/Doomish well nothing will be like that…but I’m trying to say you cant block it.

Doom/Sentinel/Hsien-Ko

Very versatile team in terms of keepaway, dealing large amounts of damage, and kind of rush down.

Got a rushdown harassing Sentinel? Use Hsien-Ko’s Senpu Bu (armor version) assist to keep them off bay.

People love to air zone right above you? Use Doom’s Missile Launcher.

Need to make your meter quick? X-Factor Sentinel and spam the hell out of his H.

Got an annoying projectile spammer against your team? Hsien-Ko’s gong and/or Doom’s L Plasma Beam remedies that.

I’ll be experimenting with this team a bit more but so far if you can keep Sentinel safe, especially with Hsien-Ko’s assist, then you’ll be dealing a ton of damage and building meter.

Right now I’m stuck on Hsien-Ko(Pendulum)/Dormammu(Purification)/Tron Bonne(Gustaff Fire).

So far it seems to be pretty solid. If I manage to get Hsien-Ko’s DFP set up Dormammu becomes terrifying. Rush down characters can be effectively countered with well timed DFP’s into s.H, H Purification, Chaotic flame. Gustaff Flame serves as a good AA/GTFO move in some cases, when DFP doesn’t seem optimal. Against other zoners, Dormammu can teleport or triangle dash into aerials for high damage BNB, and use normals to eat projectiles when necessary. Teleporters can be tricky, but DFP if used smartly can make teleporting in extremely dangerous. Also, against slower characters, or when my opponent is blocking a lot I like to go for DFP, crossup teleport, j.S, c.l, c.m, S, j.m, j.m, j.H, j.S, Purification, Chaotic flame. Often sets up a situation that’s extremely hard to block, and if I space it right Hsien-ko drags them right into the c.l so the combo can connect. In the rare event that in doesn’t work properly I can just opt for a flame carpet instead of S and back up to resume keep-away.

Tron adds quite a bit of health and stability to the team. I’m not very good with her yet though. Also I imagine I can extend her combos with Dormammu’s assist since its OTG. I’ll still have to figure out lots of things with her on point.

In the event that I don’t get DFP out, the team can be a bit weak against rushdown/teleporters. Also if Dorm dies, and I’m left against a keep away character I have problems getting in with Tron, even with DFP still available. That might just be my lack of skill with her though.

Lei-Lei (Senpu Bu)/ Dormammu (Purification)/ Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer)
Focus on getting that hyper armor super out, then switching into Morrigan because she’s the only character I have any type of combos with that aren’t training mode. Week 1 team. This is all subject to (most likely going to) drastically change.

1. Who characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?
    Sent/Phoenix/Hsien-Ko

2. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)
    Spam projectiles with sent and try to stay alive while I build meter for phoenix. with 130million health, sent can build up like 4 bars of hyper just by GETTING hit to death…

3. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?
    Range, range, more range, and high damage combos.
    and a half screen launcher.

What disadvantages does your point character have?
He’s big and slow, and if he gets rushed he has no real out.

What maneuverability options does your point character have?
Flying…

How will your assists aid your point character?
Tron’s Drill and Hsien Ko’s pendulum help lock down opponents while Wesker teleports in, alternatively Hsien Ko can use gong assist to help negate projectiles

1. What advantages does your secondary character have?
    Meat of the team. Massive damage, sits on 5 meters, dark phoenix.

What disadvantages does your secondary character have?
Squishy. apparently she is also suseptible to not being attacked and getting time overed, which is why shes second and not third. Downside to this is she doesnt get nearly as much damage increase when I X-factor… but if I dont, they get her to low health and just run away. Maybe I could chip down…

What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?
Flying, and speed. crazy fast trydash.

How will your assists aid your secondary character?
They wont. Sent will be dead and Hsien-Ko might throw some gongs, but ill be rushing like mad with her.

1. What advantages does your last character have?
    Gong.

Not too great of damage output, a bit slow for a “rushdown” character

What maneuverability options does your last character have?
teleport, air dash, and her chain whirrly thing.

How will your assists aid your last character?
They wont. they will be dead if it comes to her.

1. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?
    Again, none. I am pretty much relying on sent/phoenix to do the job.

2. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?
    Not much here

3. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?
    Heavily reliant on one character to do all the damage.

4. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?
    Very confident

im having troubles finding good partners for Hsienko. Cuz I like rushdown but she’s a semi-zoner. I play magneto also, I think he goes well with her idk. But i need someone else, Sentinel sounds good for her, but Id like some suggestions. thanks

1. Who characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?
    Hko/D.pool/Zero

2. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)
    Rushdown mixups and general mindfuckery

3. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?
    Hko can power up and become and unstoppable assist when I tag out

What disadvantages does your point character have?
Not sure yet.

What maneuverability options does your point character have?
senpu bu. from my experience she isn’t very mobile. But I’m still learning her.

How will your assists aid your point character?
Zero’s Hadangeki can help her projectile game. Especially if he’s powered up.

1. What advantages does your secondary character have?
    Zero’s rushdown is insane and he can build meter really quickly

No health. Usually dies in one combo and hard to dhc from.

What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?
command dashes, air dashes, a good full screen run.

How will your assists aid your secondary character?
Hsien Ko’s pendulum is unstoppable, good for cross overs, starts his loop and zone’s well. D.Pool’s Katana-rama starts combos and otg. Just generally extends my combo options

1. What advantages does your last character have?
    great keep away, deals good chip, I believe he is decent at stopping a sentinel

What disadvantages does your last character have?
Not too great of damage output, can’t really rush down. Not too flexible on the go.

What maneuverability options does your last character have?
double jump, two teleports. he blows himself up on the third one :frowning:

How will your assists aid your last character?
Zero’s hadengeki will improve his keep away putting more projectiles on the screen and Hko will help zoning and give me a good panic button when getting pressured. Not only that but crosses over on teleport.

1. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?
    Not too many of those I think. I haven’t used this team long enough to learn that.

2. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?
    Not much here

3. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?
    Taskmaster. He’s just too good. Maybe sentinel. I don’t have a really good anti-air. but like i said I need to play this team more to figure things out.

4. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?
    yes very :smiley:

Put joe with her and use his bomb assist while doing gongs. It’ll bounce back and forth on the gong reverb for some corner hilarity

I picked her up last night on a whim and was thoroughly happy with the choice. I ran Hsien-Ko/She-Hulk/Sentinel with some success.

With Hsien-Ko it’s the same song and dance as most of you stated here. Build a bar, Super Armor, tag out. Her armored pendulum is a terror with She-Hulk in close and Sentinel’s drones help me get there. Sentinel also becomes a big issue with She-Hulk’s low assist and the armored pendulum helping him setup openings.

Just a note on that, instead of double Tenraiha, you can X-factor the Tenraiha and immediately switch in Doom. He has time to land standing H OTG (canceled into molecular shield if you’re close enough) into any of his hypers, ought to be a little more damage.

well, my main tema is Hsien-Ko/Chun-Li/Captain America… i like to attack, so Hsien-Ko’s speed it’s a problem, with Shield Slash, you can savely advance to your oponent and with Chun-Li’s flash kicks you can start combos pretty well, that’s what I use, and works fine for me.

I was playing wolv/storm/sent;
but EVERYONE is playing sent and doesn’t matter how technical i try to play him, after all the things everyone’s complaining about i just don’t wanna pick a character that for now everyone thinks is broken. street cred matters to me i guess lol.

i switched sent out for tron first, but i just couldn’t get her to work with the rest of the team. i was trying some otg setups using wolv’s M-slide with tron’s drill, but it wasn’t paying off enough and i’m terrible with tron.
So i tried hsien ko and i was really pleased with how big of an impact her armored assist had on my team.
still terrible with her at the moment. my storm needs work, and if my wolv dies, i’m probably gonna lose.
i hope people figure out more stuff and post vids of high level hsien ko play so i can improve with her. her dash takes getting used to.

I’m messing around with Shulk/Hsien-Ko/Hulk with sort of the same mentality. Hsien-Ko is a great do-it-all assist for any team.

i’m using, Spencer (armour piercer)/ Hsein Ko (senpu bu)/Deadpool (Quick work)

spencer benefits from this cause Hsein ko’s pedulum acts like an agis reflector on my opponents meaning i can get the hit in,
same with Deadpool,

Hsein ko benefits benefits with deadpools assist cause it sets up unblockables easily with her j.h.

right now I’m seeing how the assissts can work together, mainly to se if i can combo into senpu bu with the assists.

I second that, I’m trying to use Wesker/Hsien-ko/Trish too. Just can’t find much team synergy, either that or I’m just not very creative.

id need a third. using skrull on point (with tenderizer) and hsien-ko with senpu bu. have been changing around my thirds but nothing really fit yet. best were dormammu and magneto. how do you think is whesker along with hsien? i iinitially thought about someone with ranged attacks so i can retreat in a match if i have to.

Okay guys, needing some help. I liked my LeiLei/Haggar/Task team a lot, but the problem of me being an aggressive player and that team being more defense oriented just didn’t sit will. So I’ve decided to hit the lab and started toying around with some of my favs (and others) to try and get something a bit more aggressive. Sticking with the theme of being flexible with my options, I kinda came across this team that is pretty wonky.

Wesker (Samurai Edge)/LeiLei (Senpu Bu)/Morrigan (Shadow Blade)

I tend to swap Wesker or LeiLei as point depending. If LeiLei’s point, then Morrigan’s second and Wesker last. Reason being is that DHC’s work a lot smoother this way. The team plays fairly aggressive with a lot of resets in mind. Morrigan’s Shadow Blade mid-combo with LeiLei puts them high into the sky and out of sight sometimes, giving me time to either IAD j.H/j.S, teleport, anki hou H, or what have you. It’s also possible if you time it right, to link to Senpu Bu L in the corner after one rep of her gong loop. Still working on the kinks and wishing I had a video cam to record.

Midscreen BnB to Wesker assist can combo to Senpu Bu and things go from there. Both Morrigan and Wesker benefit from armored gong as cover for crossups and the likes.

DHC wise, the potential is like this:

If LeiLei is on point:
LeiLei Chireitou -> Morrigan Astral Vision
LeiLei Tenraiha -> Morrigan Shadow Servant -> Maximum Wesker

If Wesker is on point
Maximum Wesker-> LeiLei Tenrai Ha -> Morrigan Shadow Servant/Astral Vision
Maximum Wesker-> LeiLei Rimoukon -> Morrigan Shadow Servant/Astral Vision/Finishing Shower

Tenrai Ha also can lead to either of the other two’s Lvl. 3, which isn’t too bad. I just feel that LeiLei is severely lacking cover to get in, but I guess that can be remedied with Shadow Blade GTFO and good ol’ fashion approaches. Trying not to resort to Doom yet, since we all know that works out well. Anybody got any suggestions for me?

I’m very new to marvel in general but I have been reading up on stuff for my favorite characters, I know I want to use X-23 and I like Hsien Ko and I also think her super armored assist goes really well with X-23’s speed and could really mess with people especially using X-23’s cross up mirage feint.

my problem is that I don’t know who would be a good third for my team, I was thinking Hsien Ko/X-23/Morrigan would be good. Morrigan can possibly build meter for the team which would help me get my super armor Hsien Ko wrecking ball assist rolling and start the offense with X-23. Morrigan seems to be able to handle herself pretty well if she’s the last one alive, her clone super with x-factor is insane, with good execution her combos hurt and If I ever wanted to try her on point, I imagine the clone super combined with Hsien Ko pendulum assist would be crazy.

The problem I have with this is Hsien Ko and X-23 both die really quickly if they get caught so I was thinking I might want to have someone with more HP on this team instead of Morrigan like Tron Bonne.

Does anyone have any suggestions for my third? or just a general thought about the team itself? my main strategy (like most Hsien teams) is to play Hsien Ko on point and do as much as I can without dying (thinking about using X-23 Dragon punch like assist because the space Hsien Ko controls seems like it lacks air coverage a bit) super armor and switch to X-23 and start mixing it up with Hsien assist and possibly using Morrigan to build meter to do dirtnap on incoming team members etc.

IMO you should pair Hsienko with a zoning character and a rush/semi rush character.