MvC3 Akuma Combo Thread

Every character forum should have a combo thread! :u :woot:

Here is a quick guide for people who are new or unfamiliar with the button notation or terminology for Marvel vs Capcom 3:

:atk: = any attack button
:atk::atk: = any 2 attack buttons
:l: = light attack
:m: = medium attack
:h: = hard attack
:s: = exchange/special
:a1: = Assist 1
:a2: = Assist 2

:db:=db, down back, 1
:d:=d, down, 2
:df:=df, down forward, 3
:b:=b, back, 4
:f:=f, forward, 6
:ub:=ub, up back, 7
:u:=u, up, 8
:uf:=uf, up forward, 9

c=Crouching
s=Standing
j=jump
dj=double jump
nj= neutral jump
jc=jump cancel
AD=Air Dash
IAD=Instant Air Dash
xx=cancel
~=right after/follow-up
OTG=Off the Ground
XFC/KFC=X-Factor Cancel

Rules:

1. Please refer to the following thread for notation http://shoryuken.com/f340/notation-should-we-use-mvc3-256191/
  2. Include what distance the combo works eg. Midscreen, Corner, etc…
  3. Include the damage if possible. If the combo damage is variable due to how a Super works then just put a note that it’s variable.
  4. If your combo includes an assist please state what character and what type of assist you have choosen. Please avoid using the A, B, Y assist notation and just type out which assist it is.
  5. Please note any important information needed to perform the combo such as delays or timing.

** Combos - No Assist:**

** Combos with Assists:**

Trag Combos:

reserved, in case

c:l:, c:m:, c:h:, :s:~jc, j:m:, j:m:, j:h:, j:s:, land~:rdp::h:-:m:, :f::h:, :s:~jc, j:m:, j:m:, j:h:, j:s:, :qcf::atk::atk:(hold :h: for beam) OTG

This is my BnB combo. I’m not sure of the exact damage, but it’s around 630,000.

Works everywhere on everyone as far as I know. Recommended for basic access to solid damage. If you are juggling them against the corner, use :l: demon flip dive kick instead, and at the end you can choose to land and then TK the beam super instead to get the right angle on the beam to OTG them.

Here is my BnB when I have 2 meters.

c:l:, c:m:, c:h:, :s:~jc, j:m:, j:m:, j:h:, j:s:, land~:rdp::h:-:m:, :f::h:, :s:~jc, j:m:, j:m:, j:h:, (delay),:qcf::atk::atk:(don’t hold :h: for fireballs), j :s:,:qcf::atk:, :qcf::atk::atk: (Hold :h: for OTG)

Does around 750 to 800k and rather easy to perform. The key is that the opponent must be in the corner when you activate the first super. Otherwise they will be pushed too far away for j:s:. to connect. However after a flip OTG they more often than not are in the corner and if they aren’t you can go with a stand OTG set up. The delay is there so you are just a little below your target before activation. If your target is below you then the j:s: won’t connect.

This also sets up a rather nice DHC opportunity if you really want to kill a character or want to get Akuma out.

You can add air l tatsu before the first hyper for extra damage.

after the land back down downback H~M i can’t land anything after that… they just tech right away. what am i doing wrong?

nevermind, i just late jumped the launcher and got it

ok i don’t know what im doing wrong but i cant get the :rdp::h:-:m:, to land mid combo like you say it can. guys, what am i doing wrong? thanks guys

nevermind ditto from the post above. the timing is strict.

Just a note too. How fast you perform the air combo changes the timing on the ground. If you delay your :s: in the air it gives you more time to OTG.

Admittedly the dive kick OTG is a bit tricky at first to pick-up, but this is as basic as the combo could be without dropping a tonne of damage.

One tip I use to make it easier is after doing the first :s: air spike (and emphasis on after), start holding :b: as Akuma falls and then complete with a :d::db: (or :qcb:) motion ASAP when he lands. How soon after landing that Akuma demon flips and does the dive kick can be quite a large factor in the timing, a small delay before the flip can break the OTG bounce so this shortcut helps make the combo reliable for me.

wow i just inputted special attack in the air late and the otg worked with the dive kick. thats awesome Loyalsol. thanks bro

What is the actual command for the infinite combo?

j. :s: :qcb: :atk: :atk: rinse and repeat till nice and crispy.

The timing is tricky though and takes a lot of patience to kill someone with. To be honest it is more useful as an instant overhead rather than an infinite.

I feel it’s way over-hyped by non-Akuma players.

At the moment it is the only true infinite in the game, but it is easily one of the longest infinites I have ever seen.

CORNER ONLYc:l:, c:m:, s:h:, :f::h:, :XFC:, c:m:, s:h:, :f::h:, c:m:, s:h:, :f::h:, :s:~jc, and after that the rest is history because you can use your imagination to come up with combos of up to and over 1million damage

one example is c:l:, c:m:, s:h:, :f::h:, :XFC:, c:m:, s:h:, :f::h:, c:m:, s:h:, :f::h:, :s:~jc, j:m:, j:m:, j:h:, qcb:h:, qcf::atk::atk:

note: the air hurricane kick in this combo is one hit only then cancel into air fireball super.

Light hurricane is usually better than heavy for that because it does 110,000 (unscaled) in one hit.

thanks man

Just been watching tokido’s akuma on final round stream and daymn has the murder face still got it. Loved his overhead combo’s and trickery (Justin.tv - teamsp00ky - Final Round XIV Day 2 – Part of the Evo 2011 Tournament Season! Brought to you by Mad Catz, Bandai Namco, Cheapassgamer.com, & Godsgarden. tokido on at 0.32) Got me an idea for a two meter 850,000+ combo that while needs to be done in the corner, the prep before hand will send them there from almost full screen

Need wesker gunshot assist
:l::m::h::s: sj:m: sj :m: sj :h: sj. :s: fdash :a1: step forward a little :s: sj:m: sj.:m: sj:h: sj:s: dfdk otg :s: instant air :h: tatsu, air fire ball hyper sj.:s: tiger knee air beam on otg

Edit. Already been done by loyalsol! oh well, atleast this makes this setup pretty much possible anywhere on screen. Also if you happen to not be in the corner and you land before the opponent does, feel free to ground beam to catch em

Anyone got any tips for linking tatsu’s to end of combo/from over head midscreen? I Can do tokido’s corner set up for over head :f:+:m::d::db::b::m::d:+:m::d:+:h::d::db::b::l::d:+:l::d:+:m: :s: blah blah combo and i can like h.tatsu,s.l, H.tatsu but apart from corner setups have no real way to end a groundseries with tatsu to launcher. any help?

ditto on the stream and tokido is gdlk.

ditto just tested it out and dose not work.