MVC2 US PS2 - Custom Drum and Bass edition

I’m new here - Hi all :slight_smile:

I have been revisiting a few old favs recently , including this.
I love this game, but I loathe the soundtrack. makes my ears bleed . Im on the mission again to unlock everything, but I don’t think I can do it with that music.

I tracked down an old tutorial by SteveF (had to use wayback machine) as there was plenty of info on DC version customisation out there, but none on ps2 version I could find thats still up.

I’m going to write a generic howto guide , I used slightly different tools and I am on linux , so I found it a little hard to follow in places. I could only find the text version of his first revision, I understand there were later versions that were easier.

I replaced all the stage music, and most of the menus, although I forgot about the “win” track which will also get replaced eventually as its got those terrible saxaphones again, and also doesn’t really suit the new aural theme. There is one of the selection menus that also doesn’t loop well (I cut it wrong) , but you wouldnt normally listen that far anyway. That will get fixed at some stage too.

Call it version 0.9 :stuck_out_tongue:

Tested and works fine using FreeMcBoot and OPS2L (via samba share) versions 0.8 and 0.9

I would assume ESR patch should be fine, as would USB or HDD patching. USB might be a bit slow though.

Obviously you will need some sort of modded ps2 to launch this.

I chose some old favourite DnB tunes from my crate , nothing new for several reasons. I chose the PS2 version to mod, because I have one , and its modded, and my dreamcast is in another country. I also tried to choose tunes that I thought fitted the style of play. Drum and Bass seems a natural go-to for such a hyperkinectic game.

If anyones interested I am uploading this ISO now… Not sure on the policy about links to such things.

Also given the original guide is very hard to find I can write a quick generic one for anyone who is interested.

It was worth the effort and time to just never have to hear “gonna take you for a riiiide” EVER AGAIN hahaha

Thanks to Steve F (if you are still on here!) , without tracking down your guide I probably wouldnt have got this done.

Hi, playing to drum and bass is cool!
Please share your playlist

btw thie way, here’s drum and bass that i’m on now, so maybe it can be interesting for you too i-wannabe.org/podcasts-mixes/