MvC2, The Gawd Game, turns 20 years old today

From arcade to arcade to state to state from coast to coast I have never been apart of such a passionate community with such intense but low key respectful rivalries as the MvC2 community

Everyone wanted to be the best and to prove they were the best on the biggest stage they could get to at the time and then move on to the next.

But man, it was done in some helllllllaaaaaa ghetto, grimy and aggressive ways. :rofl:

3 Likes

Our community was straight up poverty…

4 Likes

Lol. For sure. I had a friend who’s arcade stick case was Tupperware. :joy::sob::rofl:

3 Likes

I KNOW you got stories, c’mon let’s hear some :joy:

One that instantly comes to mind that a person in our community kept coming up with creative ways to get another person in our community to not show up to gatherings or tournaments.

The two main ones that come to mind was he found out where the other lived through mutual friend and let out the air in his tires the night before the tournament.

The other one is the dude who let the out of the others tires was photo shopping the other dude with other women and sending them to this persons girl through MySpace. So the other dude had to stay home from the tournament and deal with the nuclear fall out.

No one ever pulled shit on me cause I was the baby of the group and I’d host get togethers a lot in my basement. My house was basically Switzerland when it came to the community I hung out with.

4 Likes

That’s grimy as fuck lmao.

3 Likes

MVC2 one of my all-time favorite games. Slugging it out with my college buddies at our campus Arcade, with more than a few tourney players in the area. Was the first fighting game where i learned strategy. My thing was always mindgames and tricks.

MVC2 and SSFIIX are equals, on the same level, when it comes to OG shit and how fighting games are supposed to be!!!

These are hilarious :joy:

Is it true that people would actually bet stuff like cars in money matches?

1 Like

I think that is the easiest and quickest way to get in trouble with the law in the FGC.
Those kind of money matches, even in Vegas are illegal.

Dudes are just keep on doing stupid shit like this as they haven’t gotten caught yet.

Jwong vs Khaos who is considered one of uncrowned Kings of marvel

1 Like

Man, Khaos is a fucking beast! It looks like they’re able to make their assists use their supers, is that the case or are they switching characters and using the super?

I actually set up this old CRT I had laying around and hooked up my PS3 so I could play this a bit.

2 Likes

DarkPrince showing rage quitters how its done #neverforget.

4 Likes

Goddamn! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s the kind of shit you don’t see enough of these days.

3 Likes

Dark Prince was the biggest scum bag in the marvel community at its peak.

1 Like

Forget Marvel community, just the biggest one period.

2 Likes

Dr. B exists tho.

1 Like

He kept it interesting though. Dude was definitely a bit of a scumbag, but he was probably part of why the scene was so hype in the first place.

1 Like

He was a scummy dude but he was good for Mahvel.

2 Likes