MvC2 Leaderboards

I’ve been wondering lately how the leaderboards work for Xbox. I see people with about 200 wins beat someone with over a thousand wins. It doesn’t really make sense to me. I mean I see all those guys at the top are tourney players n stuff but still it doesn’t make any sense to me about the rest of the leaderboard

Leaderboard rankings are real finnicky. A lot of it depends on who you beat, and not how many people you beat. Also, top 3 are glitched for some inexplicable reason.

Yeah, it seems like you rank higher when you beat better opponents.

That’s why it’s often easy to spot someone with a nice looking record, but low as hell in ranking.

like with the new sf4ae more than anything it seems to be how many games you play, then it’s win ratio. so the peeps who have a good win percentage and play hella a lot will be higher up than the people who have a better percentage but don’t have nearly as many total games online.

of course after some point it seems the ratio will eventually surpass the really high total games

Elo rating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That’s more or less how it is done.

damn has anybody ever faced TLELOC ? hard guy to beat…

The top three are glitched because they’re cheaters.

Generally it’s TruSkill: you win or lose points according to the “strength” of your opponent.

Yo, How are they cheaters? How did they cheat? What did they do?..I’m just curious.

I’m absolutely not getting into it for obvious reasons. It’s pretty clear to see who’s been cheating based upon their win/loss record.

im not sure how it factors into the win/loss/points stuff but I do know that spidermancanrun is a ragequitter, as he has ragequit on me everytime he was going to lose.

Yea that dude quits everytime. I wasn’t asking cuz I myself wanted to cheat my way up the leaderboards. I’d let B.B cut my head off before I cheat MvC2…but I was just wondering.

I don’t think the top three cheated, I think it’s a glitch.

It happened once before (right at XBL MVC2 release); they reset the leaderboards right after they supposedly fixed it.

^-- They are cheating. It’s not a “glitch”. Give me half a day with the Ranking code and I could fix it up. =\

The previous glitch was bad math/bad rounding: this is an outright logic hole.

I discussed this with Capcom peeps. 100% certain about this.

PS: stop owning me XD

ragequits still register as a loss when I checked, but yeah spidermancanrun/vitige1/arcadesticks/secretroger/FYM95, all well known RQ’ers