MvC2 for current generation consoles (Xbox One/PS4): Sad Status as of Dec 2016

What I know/have heard:

• Supposedly there are a couple bugs preventing the game from being made available via PSN/XBLA back compat
  • Backbone is gone as of four years ago
  • The Backbone devs have apparently not been contacted

Edited excerpts from discussion:

So: all terrible news, but – I think this is more than most of us knew before. Sounds like there’s most likely some bugs that need to be fixed first, and nobody around to fix them and quite possibly no easy way to even get started on fixing them if that was even possible. :sad:

This makes me cry…

So injured by this

Damn, this almost made me shed a man tear :frowning:

Marvel 2, please revive it Capcom :frowning:

That is shitty news. The least Capcom could do is get the game added to PS3/360 again. There is no reason it has to be left behind since the consoles still have their online functionality.

I saw my post paraphrased as ‘not happening’ - I wouldn’t consider that definitive. I do have a couple leads currently, let alone people having stuff up their sleeves that us peons simply wouldn’t know about. Asking Capcom and Marvel to make this happen is a good plan - voting for “please make this game available for PSN/XBLA” in places that let you vote is always wise.

Sad news. At this point it seems the best that could happen on PS4 is the PS2 version released as a PS2 classic like they did with KOF 2000. Not a port but emulation. No online and widescreen support though.

And Capcom just released RE:Code Veronica on PS4 as a PS2 classic (emulation) eventhough a superior port of the game was made on PS3. They clearly don’t mind releasing inferior versions of their games as long as it works and doesn’t cost money to make

This is sad to hear, was hoping for a PC port, if the XBL/PSN versions fell through.