MvC:I the 'Sales' topic (financial status of the game)

you can be sure that it gets a full fleshed out pro tour in the next year, there was even a video about it.
they cant do it for this year because there are not enough month left so they did this special kind of thing.

no one knows how much they invest and what they hoped to get in term of sales and beside of pc numbers we dont even know
how much it actually sold. with the season pass for this year and the next for 2018 and possible others to come including other
costume dlc´s i kinda doubt that capcom will not manage to get theire investment back and earn money with this title.

No I meant the green. It was suppsoed to be a joke, the game had such a low budget no matter the sales Capcom already made a profit -.-

Ah. I get you. The term is ‘in the black’ btw.

What’s more confusing is that a Western cinema based fighting game was a hit in Japan, yet the West demanded a more anime and comic book style and it bombed.

Ah, I see. English is not my first language, and in the green seemed obvious enough.

If only they added xmen. Also the graphics are not as impressive as umvc3. They didnt do what mvc3 did before when revealing characters every month to hype/excite gamers.

Battle for the Stones like Appomo said is just a temporary mini Pro Tour. The game is said to be the main focus for the Pro Tour for 2018. This sounds like a better SFxT where the game had a lot of generally positive reception among tournament players, but will likely sell and produce well enough to continue content until 2020 or later.

There’s always a long hiatus between Marvel games so the idea of one not coming out for a while or ever is just the same shit. Marvel 3 wan’t supposed to come out and Marvel Infinite wasn’t supposed to come out. The legal issues alone make it extremely difficult regardless of sales, but they somehow pull through.

oh man i remember when i was you

SRK is more of a stream monster website than anything

FGC doesn’t exist in a vacuum. You want new blood? New players? Dev support? Then you want the game to do well.

If the game doesn’t do well, Capcom backs out and leaves us hanging. Yes, we can have a strong scene without them. Yes, we can keep playing and enjoying without them. But it certainly doesn’t hurt to have a successful game with a large player base that keeps seeing new content. It’d be nice if the game WASN’T casual kryptonite and a PR trash fire.

I’d prefer to not be one of those dudes playing Melty in a bathroom because nobody else cares.

I just don’t understand why Capcom do this to them selves. I don’t understand their reasoning, I don’t understand their loyalty and relationships with partners, I don’t understand their own lack of self respect, it’s self harm. They can’t be too strapped for cash if they can pluck $100,000 out of thin air and hand it to a player. But imagine how Marvel must feel being in this situation, MvC is the most dominant Marvel video game in the light of decades by miles, but it gets beat financially and successfully by Lego Marvel, meanwhile we continue to play the game in this small dark corner of the interwebz.

I looked at Injustice 2’s story mode today and it makes Capcom look like fools. I still bought the Deluxe Edition and I’m still a Mahvel loyalist, but NRS have done such an amazing job with Injustice 2, I just don’t understand where Capcom’s head space is at.

I don’t even consider them a developer or publisher anymore, more a corporation making financial strategic decisions instead of making quality video games. They have such a huge back catalogue of games with amazing characters of 90’s super hero status, but they’re ashamed of 90% of them. Spider-Man has been around since the 60’s and he’s still going strong, people still love him and Marvel still honour their decisions each time they reinvent the wheel, so why don’t Capcom have confidence in their own brands?

Capcom partner with Udon and other publishers, they’ve had their own comic line, what about Captain Fucking Commando?! What Marvel fan wouldn’t like a badass character like that? How can a company like Marvel survive with a wimpy character who’s 50 years old, yet Capcom can’t maintain a badass character for more than a decade?

Ten years down the line if relationships between Marvel and Capcom stay good, I think they’ll be bought out by Disney by then, and I think it would be a great idea. Instead of Capcom making games, Marvel would gain a huge catalogue of characters they can bring back to life. Because every hero, every villain, every demon or demon hunter is interesting, and it’s just a waste of IP that’s going down the drain that could potentially be making money. I mean, what if Marvel made Capcom movies instead of the shit we get? What if the roles reversed?

They’ve made a game for the very first time where the two worlds of Marvel and Capcom literally fuse together, but in reality they couldn’t be farther apart. It’s the work of a potato and a lemon. They should have done what FFXV did and made a movie and brought in the extra cash that way, but opportunity lost.

You must be brand-fucking new.

Ever since sales were trackable, we’ve cared. This is especially important to the people who promote tournaments (just like SRK) because it can be used as a measurement of how many people would likely attend a tournament.

Also it determines the likelihood of future investment and content down the line.

Just looks like MvC:I didn’t get the budget/development time it truly deserved. They hired second rate 3d artists and rushed the game out the door with limited content. It’s pretty evident that a lot of care went into the combat systems but the rest of the game doesn’t have that same level of care. If Capcom/Marvel wants sales they’ve got to stop cutting corners.

I’m aware of that, the reason I said what I said is that I don’t think anyone here has their head in the sand about the state of MvCI. Anyone with eyes knows its ugly, everyone with ears has heard it sold badly. I just thought that whether the game sells good or like shit, the people who want to promote it are gonna promote it anyway. Low sales = low attendees sounds like common sense, but I think that means less than it would normally because it’s a Capcom game and thats the bread and butter of tourneys.

Then again, what do I know, that one infinity stone tourney in europe has like what, 8 entrants?
Guess sales matter more than I thought

Spider-Man isn’t a wimp. What are you talking about?

Too soon to call it.

Given Capcom’s track record and the DLC era we live in, many people don’t buy the game when it’s first out anymore but wait until the deal gets sweeter.

Personally speaking, this is the first Capcom fighter in forever that I will NOT purchase or support from the get-go until I see them actually make an effort with the characters.

The S1 DLC roster don’t interest me one bit.

Give me Doom, Mags, and Bison you bitches!

I didn’t say he was a wimp, I said he was wimpy as in young or small, because he’s just a school boy. The correct word would have been wimpish to describe him as a wimp.

Infinite has been in the works since the very least early 2016. All the marvel heads know this. That it still came out this way caught us all by surprise.

Didn’t realize this thread was a thing, gonna crosspost the details on Japanese sales I mentioned on the Video Game General thread.

That can be fixed through updates and dlcs