MVC 2: Jin

blinks

Exactly what I said.

How do you get the Blodia Punch to do lots of damage though?

3 Wayz

Blodia Punch:

1. Perform the Blodia Punch when the opponent is behind Jin {cross-ups usually help}

2. OTG Blodia Punch does more damage than regular

3. Anytime while he has VA {Variable Armor} activated.

I also beleve that combo’ing it with certain assists can cause it to cause more damage…can someone elaborate on this one?

The closer Jin is to the opponent and to his edge of the screen when performing the Blodia Punch, the more damage it does, simple.

The last hit does the most damage (30 on average, around 26 or less when damage buffering kicks in from too many hits before it) and is the hit that counts the most.

Dude, the first time I saw that Blodia Punch in MvC1, I was like “:eek: !!” Damn, that’s gotta hurt! I also like the sound when you get hit by it (soud effects when blodia punch connect on the opponent:pah pah pah pah pah pah!!)

if you want the blodia punch to do an obsene amount of damage try this combo wit the oponent in the corner. combo int jin’sslide how isn’t too important but he sholc be at the max distance for the slide to hit, pick a person up with jins roundhouse kick command throw(that right his command throw) now as they get popped up but befroe they get a chance to role awaycancel into the blodia punch

if the slide is deep enough jins command throw will actually put jin in the corner and le the blodai punch get al it’s hits in

well that s all for now

peace

Do his Typhoon special (hold Back for 2 seconds and then press Forward+LP or HP) and make sure that the opponent is stunned and in the air. After that, cancel into Blodia Punch. I call this tactic “The Sweeper” because if you catch assists as well as the point character in it, it does a load of damage. It’s almost like your cleaning out your opponent. It’s a satisfying move.

Remember that if the Blodia Punch has the same properties as Magneto’s Shock Wave in that if it hits the assist more then 4 times the main character can’t block it. Also I would just like to post a few teams:

Jin(Exp.) | Sent(Ground) | (Cap.Com.(AAA)
Jin(AAA) | Sent(Proj.) | Tron(AAA)

I’ll post some damaging super combos for these teams later. But really guys your wasting your time with Jin when there are more top tier characters like Chun-li in this game.

Ya, that glitch was mentioned earlier and I hope you were joking with that last statement. The only Jin on point team I like is Jin/Doom/CapCom. Jin/Doom does their thing, what’s better than Jin/Doom? Jin with a high ass priority AAA for himself, so, he at least has a chance against runaway. Jin dies, Doom/CapCom still can do their thing. When Doom is on point, he still has 2 (or 1) great AAAs backing him up.

cr.HK, Blodia Punch is THE combo most people look out for when playing Jin which is bad if they roll, then Jin is fucked badly.

OK someone beat me to that fact then how about this one:

All of Jins attacks that have a flame on it do chip damage.

This is usful cause I like to keep using FP jump ins plus assist to keep preasure on the enemy.

i like this thread :slight_smile:

yay a jin thread :slight_smile:

i like to use jin’s jumping fierce as a cross-up, then jab, strongxx cyclone :slight_smile:

jin’s reset #2 on medium-sized characters (iceman is ideal size): launch, sj. jab, sj. short, sj. forward, sj. fierce, hold back in the air and you can hit iceman with a falling sj. jab before you land and repeat the combo :slight_smile:

a good chip combo is cross them up with a j. fierce, d. jab + sentinel-g, d. strong, dynamito!

This is an awesome, but somewhat hard combo with Jin=(in corner) s.lp, s.lp, Cyclone, (opponent falls) jab version dynamito, Cyclone. The dymanito acts as an OTG, allowing the second Cyclone to combo.

This combo is even harder-s.lp, s.lp, Cyclone, (opponent falls), jab version dynamito, Blodia Punch- This one is hard cuz you have to cancel the dynamito into the Blodia Punch before the opponent is knocked to high.

what’s up dark strider, i am the black guy that play mag/omega red/jin. i was trying the combos and yes its fucking hard. anyway are u going to gametime tournament this saturday? i am going.

how do you do that corner combo that yuta dose with jin?

You ccan make thes two combos do alot more damage by doing one little thing differnt. in stead of just launching into the great cyclone, do his st Short , st Fierce xx saotome tornado xx after 2 hits into Great cyclone

and you don’t need to use the jab version of the dynamite to pick up. I’ve only ever used the fierce and it works just fine. but the easiest way I’ve foundd to do the pick up is hold down the the fierce and down on the controller and when they person is just about to hit the ground hit up and then roll through to the motion of the super

later

Official Jin (MvC2) Thread

now following suit of the others in this forum, I feel that Jin is a very under rater charicter in MvC2. Knowing that most likely, i will be put down for making this thread (weather you guys dont like Jin, or im a noob to SRK, it dont matter), I feel that Jin should getsome credit for being a pretty damn versatile charicter

personally a low teir player, Jin always seems to appear on my charicter List, Not becuase he is my favorite guy, no, he overall can seem to have quite the list of useful tactics ive been learning

Jins assist
Jin Dynamite (Anti-Air), I believe is possibly one of the better low teir charicters. Having an invincibility factor on his way in, if within melee range, can do serious damage and knockback, leaving you with a versatile confrontation destroyer for all those progectile users

Jins Supers
Having 3 completely off the wall supers are also good about him. Being quite the erratic char as it is, Jins Robot Fist Super provides great for dealing with melee supers (Hyato, Spiderman, etc).
As well, it can be combo’d in quite nicely with assists such as Iron mans repulsor blast as a nutshell example.

as well, Jin has maximum cyclone super. Dealing mass amount of damage if caught, this super provides a great cancelation super after someting like Ryu’s hurracane kick, leaving the charicter down an extreme amount of damage compared ot other high-damage supers, like Shuma, or Akuma, or Dan, etc.

Finally, Jins Machine gun super may be one of the best supers in the game, technical wise. Leaving Jin a couple frames of invincibility to get away from air hyper viper bitches and proton cannons, it provides one of the better counter-supers if timed properly

Jins attacks
Pobably one of the more erratic charicters in the game, Jins slow recovery/cooldown time after melee attacks proves to turn people away from using this charicter. little do they know, most of Jins melee attacks, can be canceled into Jins manual throw, yes if things dont look good and you have the speed, you can convert a feirce punch to a manual throw simply.

I dunno, its 5 am here, im tired, quit bashing Jin. He has won me games before

Yes, Jin is pretty damn good considering how much people don’t use him. I think it’s funny though when I’m using Mags and Jin together because everybody’s thinking that Jin is just going to be a lone fighter and assume I’m not a good MvC2 player just because I pick him. Jin has a very good “This guy sucks because he picked Jin” aura about him. I like it because now the enemy is under-estimating (sp?) you, Jin is one hell of a Mags assist (this would be his Variety type…I think…haven’t played in a month and a half…it’s his damn tornado :stuck_out_tongue: ), and I have a back-up character if everyone else dies. Yes I know…that stupid “I’m Jin and I’m pissed off now” flash leaves 2 frames of vulnerability to hit him with, but now the enemy stops rushing down (if they’re not an expert that is) and now your damage has just increased.
I also love the fact Jin has counter-crossup ability with his Machine gun super (the Blodia Cannon for the most of you who don’t know Jin). I still laugh everytime I see another Mags a/d behind me just as I whip out the Blodia Cannon. Since Jin disappears into his Cannon, the enemy has no idea where to block…it’s so damn funny to watch as the person panicks and wiggles the stick back and forth thinking he might block it.
But my favorite all time DHC combo comes from somebody else, but I have made it a part of my strategy now also. Tr3nt was in the Florida Mall (when I lived in Orlando) and he was using Mags<A>/Blackheart<B>/Jin<Y…I think>. I was using Mags<A>/Cable<B>/Psylocke<A>. Well, at that time I wasn’t good…at all. I was better than most…but not where I wanted to be. Tr3nt has always beat my ass time and time again…this time was no different.
He had 1/2 life on all 3 characters…and I had only Cable left. After AHVBx4 on his Blackheart (since Blackheart is so heavy), he tagged in Mags and then proceeded to beat the ever living shit out of Cable for what he had done to BH. First he crossed me up with a short triangle jump over my head and then it happened: c.lk + A2(Jin), c.lk (the two kicks stun long enough for Jin to add 5 hits), Hyper Grav xx Magnetic Tempest (Cable now has 3/4 of his life from a full bar), DHC to BH (qcb+pp) (Cable is now 1/2 life), DHC Jin’s Typhoon (qcf+kk). That was it…Cable now had 1/10 life left. Tr3nt decided BH would get the last laugh and tagged in with an Alpha Counter and canceled into Heart of Darkness… goodbye Cable.
So there you have it…a DHC that will take 9/10 of somebody’s life starting with 2 c.lk’s from Mags…ouch.:lol: So Jin isn’t as bad as people think, but you have to use him mainly as defence and he must have good players for back-up (as does any middle to low tier character…Bojack proved that to me).
So that’s my 2 cents…for what it’s worth. I just need to find myself an MvC2 machine in St. Augustine before I lose my sanity!!:confused:
Later.:smiley:

Magneto himself can kill someone with no supers…just resets and throws. So killing someone in 3 supers isn’t some elite Jin tactic. What good things Jin DOES have is his AAA assist which ownz fucking everything. His jumping d + rh is ownage too. His j. rh ownz flying sent and his stupid frying pan. J. fierce ownz antiairs. C. rh is ownage too cause u can cancel to Dynamite when u think they’re gonna call their AAA or they’re gonna try to c. short u. His Blodia Vulcan ownz cause it catches ppl at sj. level above u directly. His corner combos OWN big time but they are impossible to setup. His command “throw” is pure ownage…cause it’s just too damn cool. His throw looks too damn cool also. Finally, his powerup at 15% is not vulnerable. It happened to me a few days ago, and my friend’s HSF went right through him.

Jin is too good.

Mix Wut

the fact most people underestimate him is probably a much better advantage also

Jin sucks as a character, he gets rushdowned or kept away, he’s got nothing besides his assist.