MVC 2: Colossus

Here’s a good corner combo with colossus: J.FP or J.RK, HCF+jp (off the ground), dash lk, RK, sj-lp,lk,lp, shoulder charge, power dive. It does about 90% dmg on an average character! Its harder to do on smaller characters and sentinal but possible. The throw can’t be rolled since its a flying screen move.

Oh and that strategy that bonesaw mentioned with the tiger knee motion shoulder charge–study it, learn it, and use it.

Here is a nother combo:

s.RH, sj., sj.FP xx Power Dive Super looks cool but stick with his regular witch is:

s.RH, sj., sj.LP, sj.LK, sj.MP, sj.Mk, xx LK Takcle xx Power Dive Super

Both do amazing damage!

The powerdive after tackle combo only works in the corner.

Here is a combo that does 90 damage (around 2/3 life).

Colossus/Tron: c. short + Tron-G, c. forward, wait, c. fierce xx short Tackle. Huge huge damage for something so easy.

Actually…the powerdive after the tackle works everywhere…timing is a little weird…and you only get the dive down portion of the powerdive to hit…but is does massive damage…actually…timing isn’t too hard…you just have to know what timing is required for what character…

This works…I promise…

I didn’t know. okay. That is good cause then I will have good DHC combo for my team, which is colossus/sent/tron, hopefully.

Can you do that AC finish with Power Dive and then DHC to Sent HSF and all the drones hit so u can dash and launch them? That would be killer. Like 100% damage maybe even to Sent if you do some nice AC with Sent.

My $0.02:

Jumping HP is too good. Lots like Cyke’s downHP. I play with Doom, and just jump HP + Doom XX Shoulder Tackle (sometimes a crossup, sometimes not). Then while they are blocking rocks, I rejump in J.HP XX Giant Swing. Combos if it hits, but if it doesn’t, Giant Swing has no punishable recovery when done at the lowest point not on the ground. Recovery ends the same instant they come out of block stun, leaving Colossus with a perfectly ticked throw opportunity. Or c.jab if they’re not a pixie catches them trying to retaliate. Why is Colossus’ c.jab so damn fast? That’s not right…

Anyway, Shoulder Tackle + Doom is too good, since even if they counter assist, Shoulder Tackle takes out their assist. Also, if and when they get hit by Doom assist, it builds a stupid amount of meter, allowing Colossus to run around with armor for 20 or so seconds per match.

I play Colossus/Storm/Doom. Basic point is to get a couple meters, then kill an assist with AC to Power Dive DHC Hailstorm. Using the above cycle, I’ll often hit an assist with a shoulder tackle, and then have it bounced by thrown rocks. Dash forward and launch it into the death combo.:evil:

Oh, and Bonesaw is soooo right about c.hk. That thing has almost half a screen’s range. If you find yourself on the ground not knowing what to do, throw this out. You’ll be surprised how much it hits. Retarded damage, too. And here’s a combo off of c.hk that does 102 points damage: c.lk + Storm-A, c.hk XX LK Shoulder Tackle (typhoons hit) XX Power Dive.

Yes, good thing you mentioned his c. rh. It is just plain sick. Fast, HUGE range, and can combo into Short Tackle. And I like how you mentioned the assist punishing. That is one of his main purposes. Turn on Hyper Armour, launch, magic series, short Tackle xx PD DHC whatever hurts like Hail, HSF. They SHOULD be dead or hurt so bad that it would be plain dumb to call em out again against ANY of the top tier.

I usually don’t have to cancel into a super after this because they are dead…hehe! just kidding anyway…I’m not sure about the cancelling into the sentinel super…too many factors to make this work 100%…

1. The height that the super hits varies with each character
  2. The window to cancel the super is not very big (unlike storm’s which makes cancelling easy as hell)

I haven’t played storm in a long time but here is a combo that is a little more devastating and safer…

Dash crhk+assist, lk shoulder charge…assist hits…dash in launch and do three hits into shoulder charge and maybe powerdive…

One thing I forgot to mention about the air combo with the powerdive…the most critical part is when you attack after the launcher hits…you need to attack so you hit the opponent above their waist level…This timing is easy when you launch off the ground…but gets trickier is you launch an opponent in the air or after an otg combo(like the one above)

[quote]
*Originally posted by DeathFromAbove *
**My $0.02:

Jumping HP is too good. Lots like Cyke’s downHP. I play with Doom, and just jump HP + Doom XX Shoulder Tackle (sometimes a crossup, sometimes not). Then while they are blocking rocks, I rejump in J.HP XX Giant Swing. Combos if it hits, but if it doesn’t, Giant Swing has no punishable recovery when done at the lowest point not on the ground. Recovery ends the same instant they come out of block stun, leaving Colossus with a perfectly ticked throw opportunity. Or c.jab if they’re not a pixie catches them trying to retaliate. Why is Colossus’ c.jab so damn fast? That’s not right…

You shouldn’t really use the jumping punch…His forward and fp is ten times better in terms of quickness and priority…Use this to beat the living crap out of Juggernaut…Beats out his jumping FP everytime…

You might say: “I use the fp to cross up.” But you shouldn’t…you should use the Fk to cross up…it’s much easier to cross up with and is a lot quicker coming out…

One important thing about collosus that most poeple don’t use…

This is like my trademark collosus intimidation startegy…
Really effective in the corner…

Super Jump…Just glide back and forth in the air…you’ll know what I am talking about after you try it…Collosus can sort of sway in the air…since his jump is kind of slow coming down…
Use this to get easy cross ups…

P.S. good to see collosus players around…

I just want to know if anyone uses the tactic I mentioned above:

A Collosus Not using his “tiger-knee” style lk shoulder charge
is like
A Cable Not using his AHVB…

keep that in mind…

Master it and you will see what I mean…It’s damn near unpunishable… unlike the ground version (very risky) if blocked…

Also most top-tier assists won’t stop it…Sentinel’s drones.commando…doom…and it goes above storms projectile assist…crazy mad move, I tell ya…

And also don’t attack if you are close to the opponent on the ground unless you have super armor…you will not win the speed battle…stay at foot sweep range…

You guys should try starting juggernaut, duing his powerup then switch out to colossus. if you DHC from colossus` air combo into a powered up head crush: 100%!!!:smiley:

The Shoulder Charge causes a randomly acting crossup with thrown Doom Rocks. I do use HK when I’m going crossup jumpin, and towardHP when HP is out of range. But in terms of priority, the HP has towardHP beat. Plus, it’s much, much, much, much, much, much easier to cancel an HP into Shoulder Tackle/Giant Swing at that perfect height for no recovery, which sets up fun mind games that are all in Colossus favor.

Cool combo…Ima go try it now.

Umm… No it works every where if you do the lk version tackle xx power dive no what you are talking about before you say such things.:cool:

Maybe you should read the posts after that one before commenting on things that were already corrected…:bluu:

So Sorry. So Veddy Soddy.

That’s funny because I have 99% the shit in this thread besides DFA’s strat in my first post.

More stuffs:
no people, anti-air type is better than dash type. They both have the same level of invincibility, but anti-air comes out at a much better angle, better for combos, better for stopping shit (like rushdown, doom j. fierce’s/photons, sent stomps), and anti-air type gives you the counter XX powerdive option (yes it is hard, but doable, try it on stomping sentinel).

Sentinel ground is Colossus’ fav. assist. Doom and Storm are good, but Sentinel’s has the best speed and angle to help out colossus for safe shoulder tackles and jumping around. Sentinel uses Colssus’ assist better than storm or doom can, as well.

I had the impression that Col-A was better than Col-B cause one time I was playing my friend who uses Col-B assist, and I was flying with Sent and stomping him, and I stomped Col-B assist as he came out, some thing I don’t think would happen to Col-A (watch Scott A. vids on SRK i THINK??) also, I noticed assists like Doom-AAA take Col-A out but NOT Col-A. Someone should really try this on DC to verify though. I’m not sure, but as i said, i had impression that Col-A has higher priority to make up for his shittier angle i guess.

Need some help defeating pixies with collossus! Anyone got any ideas or do i just need a good assist to back him up? If that is the case what assist should I have?