Ms. Fortune Matchup Thread

If you’re having a hard time against certain characters, this would be the place to ask.

For starters, I have trouble against Peacock. When I finally do get in something drops and knocks me out of pretty much everything. I take using Fiber Upper to whiff and get in is a lot more effective than traditional jump>airdash?

Wait until she doesn’t have an item drop. You may have to do some evading and blocking until item drops. During the cooldown, HK Fiber Upper + followup goes above everything she can do. While there is an item drop, you can super jump to approach but not airdash since you can’t block during airdash and the item will knock you out of the air.

I suggest just throwing your head out there to keep her busy. Either she will throw Georges on the head (but not the air George since you can Nom her as a punish) or stop using so many projectiles. At the expense of some damage to the head, you’ll be able to move her into the corner without actually being next to her, then watch out for the teleport she will use to get away from the head.

I often have a hard time against Parasoul and her j.hp. I thought any kind of fiber upper would have beat it but parasoul seems able to hit me out of it no matter which strength I use. Would j.hk be a more reliable counter to this move?

LK Fiber Upper is your one workable DP. MK Fiber Upper doesn’t have startup right when you use it, HK takes too long to start up to work as a reversal.

That’s not to say you should use them; just don’t use them for attacking; use them for positioning and moving forward while avoiding projectiles, etc. Remember a key thing about Fiber Upper is that when it reforms in the air you are in super jump state, so any normals you hit after crossing the opponent up will actually autocorrect, so dp whiffs can be used as crossup opportunities with a long range j.LK into c.LK into stuff, or an ambiguous j.LP with that nice semicircular hitbox underneath her.

Shit, I’m having a really hard time against Cerebella now. When she’s in the air I try fiber upper but she always smacks me out of it. I also can’t tech throws for shit but I think that’s more of a personal problem… any tips?

LK Fiber Upper is only invincible until the first or so active frames, so first if you’re using any of the others you will get stuffed. Additionally, if her j.HP stops her momentum and makes you whiff it, if you hit the button again and follow it you will get smacked.

You’ll need to be closer to her for Fiber Upper to hit her out of aerial normals.

On the throw teching, other than not crouching while doing it since it’s impossible to tech throws while crouching (throw animation startups automatically tech other throws, but throws won’t start up if you’re holding down in the ground or air), I got nothing.