Ms. Fortune: Falling to Pieces

I was eager to see Ms. Fortune before she was revealed and now that she has been I don’t really like her that much.

What normal animations exactly change without her head? Since she can’t use her HP ones (since HP controls the head when she’s headless), I think MP used her head in the animation, so I think that changes? And to what?

Also if anyone can give me a list of notations for her specials and supers to double check with that would be great.

It was shown in her video. It’s the hand attack without the drill head.

Ok, now I remember, I’ll probably go back and rewatch it again anyway. That’s just me being lazy.

also, her berserker barrage has a different ending. looks like it hits more times headless because it ends with a drill hand instead of a headbutt, so it might be better.

YES.

The head-on version is generally better because it puts the opponent into slide state which you can combo after in a lot of situations. Slide is like a knockdown which can’t be teched.

You’re in for a treat…

I had no interest in Ms Fortune until the reveal video. It blew me away!
Rekkas, Ax kicks and Head Games all day!

i like her chipp/ibuki style rekkas with built in mix ups. how far forward do her rekka iterations move her compared to the pushback from pushblock?

in the game updates walkthrough it didnt look like the rekkas had to much pushback. maybe a little so that you could not connect the second one if you hit with the first on at full range(on a blocking opponent that is)–EDIT: on second view, its really not much pushback, so maybe it works anyway even at max range–. i havent seen it on pushblock, but from the general distance that the pushblock covers for other attacks id guess you could only make the second rekka make contact if you were very, very close to the opponent when doing the first one. though the low one seems to cover a lot of ground, so there might be ways around pushblock with the rekkas afterall.–well fuck it another edit: the pushblock seems very low on this. i saw it performed on the first rekka and the second one moved her right back into parasouls face. if you care you can look it up in the game changes walkthrough part 1–

im kinda intrigued by the fact that it seems to be jumpcancellable though. and since the axe kick looks like it can be tked very low to the ground youll probably have yourself a nasty crossup/not crossup situation after low second rekka, depending on how fas you do the axe kick. in addition to the high low mixup you get form the axe kick anyway(it looked like it was an overhead in the vids, hitting crouching parasoul that blocked low stuff before)

i kinda hope we see the FNF soon with some Ms.Fortune, so people can speculate more…

Is there anyway I can get some basic combos with this character?

:smiley:

I was performing a couple the day I was there to record the Skullgirls video. If I can remember them I will post them up a bit later when I’m home.

-Tha Hindu

From DL

This is one of my go-to combos:

cr.lk, cr.mp, s.hk (launch) SJC j. lp, j.lk, j.mp xx axe kick xx air super. Then otg with her slashy super if you have meter.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Ms. Fortune heads for Ms. Fortune thread.

http://www.tylersdrawings.com/mischosting/MsFortune1.png

http://www.tylersdrawings.com/mischosting/MsFortune2.png

Ms. Fortune smiles upon you.

[FONT=verdana]

[/FONT]

I love the hell out of this character.

‘Tennis’ combos or whatever you call them are rather easy to do when the space is right between you and your head, though there is an issue of proper timing to compensate for the head’s recovery after doing FP. I’m sure her technical nature will present itself down the road, but really I had a blast using her rekkas and head in conjunction along with her realllllllllllllllllly scary j.FP. Holy crap is her j.FP, cross up city for days.

More from the front lines over the weekend guys! See you there tomorrow.

Can you play volleyball with 2 Fortunes in the game? As in can both ms fortunes keep batting a head back and forth until someone drops it.

Lets face it, Roseball is getting a bit stale, i need a new mini game!