Ms. Fortune: Falling to Pieces

jmcrofts said in the Gen Dis Thread

Her ground dash is pretty good, about as fast as Filia’s I’d estimate. The cool thing is her run is the same speed as her dash, you can just hold forward and zoom across the screen.

If you completely ignore the head mechanics Fortune is a really straightforward rushdown/pressure character, and is still pretty strong. If you want to unlock all her potential though you’ll have to start working on head setups and combos, which makes her a lot more complicated. There’s a LOT of stuff to think about when you are moving her head around and attacking with it at the same time you’re moving Fortune herself around.

So you move the head around mostly by kicking it around like a soccer ball, right? That was the impression I got. I assume it also has HP attacks that move it around a bit too?

I wonder as a new player, what should you focus on first? Assuming just using Fortune with her head, but I guess it’ll make more sense once we see the gameplay footage with some explanations.

You should write the lines for Ms. Fortune!

Ms. Fortune Walkthrough

So the Ms. Fortune video looks super awesome.
Though there was just one question I had, If you tag out with her head still dismembered, can it still get hit?
like, If shes not currently fighting can you still damage the head?

Ok, pushed this off way too long. Going to organize everything that you guys have posted in to the main topic. Thank you for your submissions and help.

-Tha Hindu

Miss Fortune looks to be the cat’s pajamas, I had high expectations but she was up to scratch. Of course, that’s paw for the course for Skullgirls at this point. I can’t wait to sink my claws into her and see what she’s catpable of.

I’m glad this was real.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/rtLy6.jpg

What did he call it, Fiber Uppercut?

Yeah thats the name of it, or Fiber Upper. Think of it as a bad play on Tiger Uppercut.

Alright, cleaned up the questions and answers and posted them up. Went ahead and posted up the reveal trailer for MF as well. Hope it looks good to you guys.

-Tha Hindu

She seems amazingly cool, but goddamn if her animations don’t give me nightmares. Hope there’s an alternate color which is somewhat less gorey.
And yeah i know that sounds lame but holy shit i cant look at her sinew ball grab without feeling some vomit claw it’s way up my throat.

Has this thread seriously turned in to the feline pun thread?

-Tha Hindu

Ms. Fortune is quite pawsibly the greatest character animated, can’t wait fur more footage. They really outdid themselves, I want to see how they can top this.

I have to take my hat off to Reverge Labs - Fortune is heads down one of the most original fighting game characters in the last few years.

Jokes aside, I didn’t see much about mixup besides the rekkas. However, I can easily see that she’s going to create some great pressure thanks to her head, good normals and DP that ends in a aerial, neutral state. Hell, I can even see her head pestering keepaway from full screen and allowing her to move closer if it hits. Definitely one of my favorite characters so far.

Would you loose your head over it if it did? :stuck_out_tongue:

Because personally, puns put me in stitches, cat related or nyat. P:

Seems like someone’s itchin’ for an infraction, jk :D. You’re purring up the wrong tree homie.

-Tha Hindu

You know the feeling when a new game has so many chars you want to play you don’t know who to main anymore?
Yeah…

I hope the next characters will have more unique stuff like this and less “regular” characters like fillia and cerebella.