Morrigans Unfly Mode

HOW DO U ACTIVATE HER UNFLY MODE IS IT THE SAME AS IRONMANS AND SENTS I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT PLEASE IF ANYBODY KNOWS PLAESE LET ME KNOW OR POST IT FOR ME. THANKS U CAN HIT ME UP ON AOL TOO IF U WNAT CAPTAINCOMBO18@AOL.COM PLEASE POST THE MORRIGAN UNFLY ACTIVATION. THANKS

Yeah it’s activated the same as IM and Sent.

EDIT: In case you didn’t already know: Get knocked into the air without getting knocked on your back to get unfly. IE-- get hit while in the air, or with capcom assist, cyclops assist, a launcher, whatever as long as you don’t get knocked on your back you’ll have unfly 'till you lose it. You lose it by normal jumping, getting knocked on your back, or by using it up (although Morrigan seems to be able to keep hers alot longer than IM or Sent, like 20 uses instead of 5 or 7).

thanks alot for the post i’ll be experimenting with this with her lol ight man u take care and if u have any good morrigan combos post those for me too peace.

Keeping in mind that I’m playing Morrigan/Hulk-B/Tron:

s.hk + Tron assist XX DI
sj.lp,sj.lk, d+hk XX qcb+lk, land, any mixup
c.hk XX superjump, airdash down sj.lp XX DI
c.hp ^ sj.lp,sj.lk,sj.mp,sj.mk XX Silhouette Blade DHC Gamma Crush (makes it unmashable)
call Tron, punch throw, launch or whatever

hmmm

i don’t play sent or ironman, but i always hear people talking about unfly this, unfly that.

i’m going to read the sent forums to read exactly what unfly DOES.

so with morrigan, once you are in unfly, then what the hell happens??? what is so special about it? she can air dash more than once or what? can you list a specific combo that can only be done in unfly mode.

thanks

theres actually an article on unfly, which goes over everything… it was written long ago, in the days when new stuff was archived w/ articles(not just threads… i.e. sent unblockable)

well, i’m about to look. i remember reading that article and i still did not really understand what was so special about unfly.

but can someone still tell me what is so special about morrigan’s unfly and cool stuff you can do when only in unfly mode (besides being able to attack right after an air down FK [that shell stomp].

also someone said: “although Morrigan seems to be able to keep hers alot longer than IM or Sent, like 20 uses instead of 5 or 7”

what constitutes a ‘use’ of unfly?

Performing an action you normally wouldn’t be able to perform after a shell pierce would count as one use.

As far as the usefullness of her unfly mode goes… there’s really not much use for it at all. It makes shell pierces safer, but that doesn’t add much to her game. It can be used to extend ACs a little (ie: lp, lk, d+HK, lp, soul fist) but it’s really not worth the effort for the damage it does. It can be used to call an assist during an AC, which is kinda nice since it can let you combo into DI (with the right assist), except that she has better/easier ways to combo into DI with assists than using an unfly combo.

All in all I don’t think it’s worth the effort to keep it, unless you just want to be flashy and impress someone with an unfly combo :slight_smile:

Morrigan can fly? thats news to me.

nah, it’s just that the recovery of her shell pierce has the same properties as flight deactivation for some reason

Cool little unfly combo:

Launch, sj.lk, sj.d+hk, sj.lp (at the same time, call sonson-y), sj.lp, darkness illusion. sonson hits for 1 hit into the super. Does around 80-something to cable probably (I just did it on mags and it did 95).

I’m still experimenting with stuff. One of my main teams is Morrigan/Cammy/Tron, and I found that you can do this with Cammy’s assist:

Launch, sj.lk, sj.d+hk, air-dash forward (call cammy-a at the same time), and Darkness Illusion. If your timing is right, the opponent will get crossed up from Morrigan dashing behind them, and then get hit by the AAA into the super. I’m sure this works with most AAAs as well.

Yeah that combo works with capcom and psy too-- good damage with cap.

EDIT: Nice reset there-- I was just trying to get something like that working with IM AAA. Haven’t quite got it yet but I’m still working on it :slight_smile:

Wow, an actual combo involving the unfly. Hats off to you! (and gloves on?)

I never pay attention to Morrigan’s unfly status, so I’m not yet sure how I’d work this into my game. But hey, Morrigan has enough impossible combos to worry about, why not have another? :xeye:

Interesting that she can dash after the stomp. Doing a downwards dash after an air combo might be a confusing way to reset. Against standing cable I managed to stomp, down-dash, short for a 2-hit combo. Not sure if that’s useful though since she can already combo from stomp to shell kick. I’ll have to fool around more later.

I know this is an old thread but. Did anyone try to do multi (D+Fk) on jugg or sent…I did launch,sj.lk,d+fk,d+fk,then lp,lk, lk…couldn’t do it again tho…any thoughts