Morrigan TAC glitch (updated with video)

okay do you know the glitch where you can xfactor the TAC?

well basically if morrigan is in flight and you input airdash during the startup of the TAC she just airdashes instead of hitting allowing you to do another TAC, but they have to tech the first one.
you can tech the first direction. you cannot tech the 2nd one.

simple setup: S, superjump, H, fireball xx fly, TAC ~ airdash, TAC

edit for example use:
Phoenix has 5 bars. phoenix player is mashing left/right tech to keep you from taking their meter. you first go up (or down), which they do not tech, then you go to the side (untechable). this takes their meter and then you get to kill phoenix without her getting dark.

[media=youtube]U933fBS9t5M[/media] i recorded it

Now THAT is tech. Great find!

EDIT: Question: can they break the second TAC, or is it guaranteed?

if they didn’t break the first one it is guaranteed. the first one can be broken

Hmm what would be the use of this it seems like if anything it would give them a sign as to when to attempt to tech the second hit.

If they dont tech the 1st hit then you land a successfully TAC.

I’m not hating just wondering what the uses are?

Welp, the use is that even if they tech the first, you’re still TACing them

ah ok so you don’t get knock back even with a successful TAC break?

Man that makes my Ghost Rider, morrigan, Phoenix team even stronger.

you can tech the first direction. you cannot tech the 2nd one.

most obvious use: Phoenix has 5 bars. phoenix player is mashing left/right tech to keep you from taking their meter. you first go up (or down), which they do not tech, then you go to the side (untechable). this takes their meter and then you get to kill phoenix.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this apply to Magneto/Storm/Doom as well, since they can all legitimately cancel air normals into dashes.

oh snap

boss status

me rikey

yo i didnt know you played this game.

i remember you beating my ass with morrigan in mvc2
tons of respect

i can’t see whats going on, could you zoom out more?

Yeah I dont really get this video. Youre just doing a TAC after a fireball? I dont see too much application.

? It’s 2 TACs. It’s like the TAC XFC trick, without the XFactor.

Ahhh I see. Very nice. So its like the Tac XF technology used against phoenix except this time theres no need to XF for the second TAC.

yes

This is awesome, this also helps fraud Morrigans like me with combos haha

This is freaking awesome. Seeing this along with the combo vid on the front page, I’ve got my work cut out for me.

Pretty nice in other situations too if you’re playing a long set and you know the patterns of your opponent, love to TAC in Doom.

Not true.

If they guess wrong on the first one, the second is un-breakable. If they don’t guess at all on the first one, they can still guess on the second one. If a morrigan player becomes predictable with this, a defending phoenix player can choose not to guess on the first one, and just Side-Counter the second TAC.

The natural counter for THAT, of course, is to just do a regular side TAC on the first guess. So it’s a 50/50, like the XFC setup.