Morrigan is a broken BATCH thread

good stuff.

I’ve been really busy playing practicing, i dunno what rlly to add to the video brian, alot of the stuff in this thread is really all I could contribute(some of the rush strings using instant overhead as the starter, some of the combos+assist punish ect)

i wonder if you used any of that?:sweat:

yeah man I got alot of things from my own personel expiremnting by playing people and in training mode.

And a batch of ideas from this thread as well.

So this being the first video fromt he final volume.

It should be a treat! :lovin:

Here it is~!!!

[media=youtube]fNqVnaDhQcU[/media]

Mixup:

I actually like the idea of Morrigan/tron. way back when I was first experimenting with cammy/tron,I was trying to find the 3rd char that would fit that team well.

I went through many characters, including storm-a (works well in the middle), morrigan-projectile (as a first char), Strider-b (still my favorite for now).

but after reading all of your good posts, I want to give Chunli and Wolve a try, and even Morrigan again.

I really like morrigan’s projectile assist with cammy, maybe because it’s such a damn big projectile and the timing works perfect to cover cammy’s cannon drill. I’ll have to give your stuff a try tho that you posted here… good stuff.

btw, have you ever tried using Dhalsim with tron? i’ve been messing with it for a little. I figure sim’s assist coverage abilities could do a lot of good for covering tron’s fat ass since she likes to sit there on the screen all day.

It looks like you moved it here:

[media=youtube]3aWfehCk29o[/media]

Great video djb. Some of the weirder stuff I’ve wanted to do in real games, but I’m usually busy with Not Dying. I love the corner combos that end in a darkness illusion cross-up. Nice to see Gambit in the vid. :slight_smile: Tron is clearly the moster though :razzy:

I gotta agree, awesome vid. I’ve been wanting to find something for her for a while, and it seems I can always count on you DJB for the greatness.

Thanks

no problem guys!!!

glad you folks liked the video alot.

:lovin:

some of that shit mike posted, actually does 6 things in 1 setup. He made some complex shit simple by making 1 setup do it all. wtf???

:rofl:

you are truly my student now:lovin::rock:

been air-riding morrigan around ever since heavy VS sessions and honestly, i make it only half-way through mixups bEEst(butt) post before i undoubtedly hit 8-9 tangents and forget what i was trying to figure out.

beebutt is serious.

c.lk+tron, add lk, c.lk, sj adf and wait to crossup opponents sprite sj.lk, for crossup, c.lk. If third ring hasn’t made contact yet, you can do sj add lk, and this will put you behind the opponent again, into c.lk etc… if you’re fast enough after that last c.lk, you can do c.lk, c.mk+tron for that relayer into some more bullshit.

combining option trees kills the game… so broke

kinda funny that gief/tron’s slow ass hijinks can do the same x-up/re-up bs.

you gentleman are marvels premiere tacticians lmao:lovin:

On commando only
launch, sj d+HK, qcb+Lk, s Hp, s Hk and cyke anti air… sj Darkness illusion.

Corner you can do same link, s.Hp soul fist XX DI

shit I’m hours in trying to get those corner combos down :pray: gotta hit up those vids again.

A couple of links to Darkness Illusion from her launch infinite

After drill, qcb +K, land call storm proj, pause, j Lk, D+HK , Darkness illusion
easy to land on Tron
You have to call storm before doing the j LK

with gambit card - as above cept call gambit card, pause, s Hp, s Hk, qcf +2K

has anyone else had success with this infinite consistently yet.

Get psylock sprite to try this on and pick morrigan ron.

then I think it was, launch with morrigan, call tron, sj.lp, d.rh, rings hit, morrigan lands, jup lk, j.mk, cancel bee butt, 2nd hit of bee bit hits funny allowing for jup.lk, jup.mk, bee butt to combo again.

A few months ago when I was working on this, I could get about 3-4 reps on psylock. To my knowledge it was a new infinite. Thing is the fat characters have their own infinite morrigan can hor with the c.fp relaunch one but this one will work on a smaller characters in psylock’s class which can be hit confirmed into.

I’ve seen that infinite on preppys site - cept in was on Tron and in the corner.
I thought it was only on large peeps
Getting the j Lk after bee seemed kinda random.

i’ve gotten it midscreen a handful of times and I kept getting the same kind of momentum to allow an infinite to happen. Gotta test it a bit to really find out.

I did find out a little cool thing to morrigan today. If you’re right next to the opponent when you do a adf, 4 piece chain, you can can call tron on the 2nd hit, land, instant overhead, jump d.rh, tron rings layer, 4 piece mixup string.

so thats 9 overheads in 1 series :shake:

you don’t have to start if off with 4 piece. 2 piece works fine. The only thing that you need to do is make sure the air dash momentum keeps you deep in the opponents sprite and then time tron accordingly.

Another thing about her mid-screen infinite is the cross-up. You can cross em’ up, and launch into a aerial combo, or other deceptive options. Ive done the move, but I like to mix it up a bit. With Iron’s anti-air, they really are getting bounced around for a while. You can do her aerial super, or plenty of other things. I think its possible to reset the infinite from the anti-air assist, Im not sure…Basement time!!!