Morrigan is a broken BATCH thread

Why are you here asking Dumb Questions?

I haven’t played Morrigan in awhile but I can say one thing:

Superjumping and throwing lots of Soul Fists is as ridiculously effective as it’s ever been. The only things you really have to look for is if the opponent uses B-Commando assist (common) or B-Blackheart (not as common).

And “unfly mode” refers to Morrigan’s attack state after her Shell Pierce. Normally she is in normal jump state without the ability to attack, but for unknown reasons when Morrigan fulfills the unfly conditions she is able to attack.

If anyone still reads this shit…here goes

when u get a pin in corner, this rush string is pretty good

tron+c.lk, jump lp, d.fkXXcancel fireball(depending on how high you are when you cancel into d.fk, you may or may not need to fireball cancel)

then you can follow up with

jump airdash df whiff fp, low lk

jump airdash lp,c.lk for a quick overhead

with alot of the corner variations, you can pretty much make it where the opponent has to guess magnus styles.

Good stuff.

I’ll just add that one good way to keep people in the corner is with the qcb+hk move. If the opponent isn’t too high off the ground, it’s a good way to drag you both to the ground at the same time and give you a chance to assist again. Great as the last move of a corner otg combo IMO.

i like that move too, i have a couple of set-up for it

after u kill a char + in corner

sj early fireball, airdash behind it, lpXXdrill land and then go into the options from there.

fireball to make it safe, lpXXdrill for freeeee options

you’ve been playing morrigan for a while so you’ll understand this set-up pretty easy

I use her regular jump airdash df and wait until the middle of the airdash when she “starts” to scoop upwards and then either:

3-4 hit airchain(lp,lk,lp,lk)

or

1-2 hits XX beebutt move(doing this behind tron is pretty dirty, free follow-ups on hit + block)

/
that set-ups pretty random, the difference in height(and # of attacks) is so minimal that imo it’s almost impossible to judge on reaction.

I am a tron addict

(she sucks I know)

BUT she makes all these set-ups safe+i get to rushdown again while i cover her exit.

randumb

magnetro aka god of technical boshit told me her airdash is 2 frames faster than magnus…it kinda shows when you whiff cancel with her.

what are some good d.fk airdash cancel+assist setups? i got nothin so far

on cable i think she can inifnite using [s.lp, s.rh sj cancel ad/f sj.lp, sj.rh], s.lp hits a crouched cable and cable is big enough to eat two attacks coming from that angle. i am pretty sure this works on sentinel as well. i couldn’t get two attacks on the way down from that angle on storm or magneto when they are crouching but…they are prone to getting crossed over pretty nastily when you sj.cancel airdash off of her s.rh.

imma experiment as much as i can with it on pad until my stick can fix itself xD u find any shid out with this mixup?

Morrigan/Tron notes.

since this duo is my midgame on my chun team, the following is a bunch of new crap that i made up.

~retard dmg combos using morrigans -super jump cancel- option tree+tron:

tri-jump df fk,dash c.lk+tron,s.fp,s.fk-sjc-airdash foward fp,fk,

you have some pretty stupid options to followup the last fk

~light attack, fp or fk-sjc-ad df whiff fp, c.lk(this is pretty fast)

~lp,mp -sjc- airdash forward or downforward, 1-5 hit overhead string dependant on opponent sprite size and how you delay morrigans airdash

To max your overheads using morrigans df airdash, wait until the point in the dash where she begins to float upwards, cancel your upward momentum with a full magic series, you have the option to fk before you land. If you cancel earlier during the airdash, you can create angles that allow from 1-3 hits perfectly. If you cancel right around the same point she arcs upwards, you can lk,mpXXbeebutt for a 4 hit string. That last one wont combo but once you start breaking somone down with morrigan rushdown behind tron, every variable can add up to somone blocking wrong. train them one way lead them another…

Imo shes retarded to defend against, i think its because her position to mixup is so low to the ground, like storm with a better downforward/forward momentum while she airchains…

Midscreen combo w reset options :

c.lk+tron,s.fk-sjc- airdash to opponents backside, air fk(all three tron rings hit) land and then you have the basic reset scenario again:

lp,mp-sjc- airdash df fp or fk(whiffs), c.lk

-sjc-airdash df lp,c.lk

-sjc-airdash df lp, rejump airdash df lp

-sjc-airdash df lp, rejump airdash df fp(whiffs),c.lk

-sjc-airdash df fk(this has to be done at the proper height for the fk to animate fully, you can also delay your fk up until the upwards arc of her airdash if you want another delay setup(tricky block with assist pin). When you wait until she almost arcs up, you also have the option to lk or lp,fk (her fk is faster than her fp so you can combo it from lower angles, really good move overall)

side note: for the above setup, you can always substitute the beginning lp,mp-sjc- with lp,fp,fk-sjc-

Super jump cancelling from her fierces, this pushes you further away from your opponent+does more dmg. This also gives a different set of -sjc- attack angles from this range. experiment with it a little and you'll see the option tree is a little different from 1 1/2 characters away. At this range it's good to -sjc- airdash upforwards and use her different normals to counter hit or pin the opponent back into an overhead sequence. 

Easy Combo+Hitconfirmable+113(+) dmg

after any c.lk, press tron before your fp,fkXXdarkness illusion(her kick super)

This leaves your opponent in the same position as magneto’s triple fierce(but does more dmg) and morrigan has a retarded wake-up game in this position(as good if not better than magneto’s).

Airstall with her qcb+fk or lk 

if you regular jump or sj airdash thenXXd.fk kara cancel into her qcb lk or fk, it will freeze her momentum and force her to drop directly down with her qcb kick attack active the whole way down(3 hits typically). Theres a bunch of ways to use this, especially corner and select midscreen setups. not that easy to do yet..

wierd combo(tested vs mag/storm/cable doesnt’ work on sent)

c.lk,c.fp+tron sj d.fk(hit with this as early as possible)XXqcb fk(tron juggles) land and walk back one step, juggle them mid-air with s.lp,s.mp and yup, super jump cancel into the rushdown option tree from a different angle (again)

just do cr.lk, s.hk (or s.hp) sjc adforward lk (or lp) etc. etf hk repeat. you infinite just about any crouching character if I remember correctly. haven’t done that inf in a while.

I’m gonna come back to all this once i learn morrigan…

Good stuff.

I’ve been messing around with morrigan/tron (inspired by this thread). Found a few stuff, but you probably know about it already.

-c.lp is awesome. It does 2 hits, so it breaks through super armor. Im not sure how fast it is, but it comes out pretty darn fast. The best things about this move is it A) sets up a tick fp throw into tron very nicely and B) if hit, it keeps your opponents assist from coming out or if they do come out, they just pose and they leave. not a lot of a range, but very useful.

-Launch, sj.lp, lk, lp, lk, fk, [screen pulls you in], c.lp…
…whiffed c.lp > tick throw into tron rings
…hit confirmed c.lp, s.fp + tron > super

-FP throw into tron follow ups…
…dash in, fp throw
…dash in, command throw
…dash in, bait assist, dash back xx soul eraser

-FP throw follow ups…
…jump xx B+air dash fk (body crossup), c.lk, s.fp + tron xx super
…(as they’re getting up) j.lp overhead xx D+Fk

-j.lp xx D+Fk follow ups on crouching opponents…
…xx buttdrill (whiff), land, throw into tron > throw follow up
…xx buttdrill, land, command throw
…xx buttdrill, land, 50/50 mixup with c.lk + tron or j.lp + tron…
…xx B+air dash + tron, fk crossup, land > whatever.

note: the buttdrill will whiff and morrigan will land v. quickly.

-Command throw follow ups (if opponent rolls)
…jump D+Fk xx butt drill > follow up
…walk forward/back wake up mixup c.lk + tron > whatever
…If your opponent gets smart and stops rolling after the command grab, do the normal FP throw, throw follow ups.

-launch, sj.lk xx D+fk xx lk buttdrill, land, sj.lk xx D+Fk xx buttdrill (whiff), land, then…
…throw into tron, throw follow ups
…c.lk + tron, s.fp xx super
…j.lp xx D+FK xx buttdrill, land > follow up

…more when I find it.

Easier said than done. :slight_smile: This infinite seems to even work midscreen. I used to do maybe one rep of this in combos to show off, and then chain it into a normal combo, but I eventually phased that out of my game… It is WAY too hard.

Maybe I’ll try messing with this tonight. At least if you screw it up it still looks tricky and might get you a reset/crossup.

imo thats the nastiest way to rushdown/reset after a connected hit with her

pin them by delaying the chain after the SJC, then land+assist= free re-pin

funny combo

after lk+tron,fp,fk, -Sjc- airdash forward fp, fk, then u lk,mp- sjc- whiff fp XX command throw

:pray:

when I was learned it, I could do it pretty consistantly. the only tricky part is timing the dash lp right. I need to pick up morrigan again, I <3’ed her

yeah it works midscreen. it really isn’t toooooo hard

I like qcb K drill for chip during random rushdown strings and you recovery quick. It does a pretty high amount per hit. Kinda suprising. I feel like certain assists could make it more abusable than others.

Morrigane is awesome but she is for sure like akuma , don’t get hit LOL.

morrigan notes

BB=Beebutt move

In the corner bee butt move is really useful for air to air scenarios after you outprioritize an opponent with jump lpXXfk butt or jump lp,mp,fk butt.

3 hits of falling hitbox with good stun.

when you land as your opponent does you can dash in with tron and setup a couple of near impossible to block patterns.

-jump airdash df delay until she arcs upwards, lp(or lp,mp ect)XXfk bb

depending on your height/momentum and the point in the airdash you cancel into the air chain attacks, you can vary this string to the point of being dumb. The real challenge in blocking this is that during morrigans df delay airdash + tron, she is at the same height as the gustaff(tronbot)+rings. It’s really hard to judge her height+how many hits the bb will cancel into. since you can modify both pretty freely with morrigan, it’s not ideal for the guy blocking.

for another setup… instead of using airdashing normalsXXBB

Pressure with tron then during your airdash you have the option to your XX into BB so you can

either

get all 3 hits from overhead
or whiff with it
hit once

*when you do the 1 hit version, it’s pretty damn fast, if you want, you can even pin with tron then do it twice in a row(and follow that with whiff cancel fp->more rushdown…)

Imo one of the hardest setups for somone to block when stuck in tron blockstun; doing one hit on bbutt for hi or lo feint, then following that up with jump airdash df 1-5 hits with all delay/whiff options + the leisure to cancel back into da butt anytime (this is a safe random element once your opponent has been conditioned to deal with basics).

-jump airdash df bbutt/jump airdash forward bbutt/jump airdash uf bbutt

these all give different angles for the pressure. It can get pretty funky if you work with crossing up using beebutt move.

-In corner it’s easiest after dead char, sj fp fireball so the opponent coming in has to block/get hit, airdash cancel df or forward lpXXBButt. the key to getting multiple setups from this concept is using her airdash arc to guide the butt attack.If you cancel into BB right before the point where her df airdash begins to arc upwards, you’ll get the best results for switching side and crossing up. It’s kinda wierd at first to base some crossups off of float arc movements but it works out with practice.

another example of a bbutt crossup is to angle it like you’d do magneto’s square jump fp,fk on sentinel. most players know that mag air hitbox can hit on sentinels backside before he’s actually switched sides with the robot. the butt works in a pretty similar way sometimes, since the move just keeps moving in the arc u direct it + it has active hitbox for a really long time…it’s bound to end up still being an active hitbox in places that the game has trouble judging defensively. I’m not sure if thats a decent explanation, but the move WILL crossup when it’s uncommon, work with it and post up the funny shit you see over time…

(corner)
vs sent as he comes in after dead char.

sj airdash lp(so he doesn’t move too far from corner position) XX BButt

sometimes that setup will give you wild crossups(if sent crouches at any point during the 3 hits of butt, morrigan can slide into corner for a crossup randomly)

even when the BeeB setups don’t get funky for you and crossup, it’s easy pressure and it’s safe when you position right. An easy way to follow them up if you’re blocked,

if your opponent jumps into the air:
-jump upforward lp,mpXXFkBB

this puts them back into the exact same lockdown, these relayers aren’t really fair vs some fat characters…(poor tron)

if they stay grounded, do a dashing magic series + tron, when they pushblock youXXfireball, then ground dash once-> sj airdash/whiff your way back into position and rtsd.

About punishing helpers with ground chains+tron

anytime somone doesn’t cover their helper properly. dash in and bash it with c.lk+tron,s.mp*,s.fp,s.fk

(*sjc here if you want to reposition for maintaining priority vs point char)

the nice part about this setup is that you can Dp somone’s square jump/whiff cancel/jump kick as they attempt a counter. the move is safe on block+quick to recover. When they jump into/around the tron rings and block the dp, you’re in a neutral position so no loss.

if they get hit by the upper, throw a fireball and jump airdash/dash-regular jump behind it.

For assist punish when you make contact with point+assist, i’ve been doing dash in tron+lp,fp,fkXXfireball when you’re pushblocked.

dhc with morrigan

ground chain with rogue+tronXXgnsXXmorrigan upper super

this setup relies on proper distance from opponent. You chain behind tron to increase the distance before you superXXdhc. you’ll know you’re doing it right when morrigans upper follow behind the rings for more blockstun. If you cancel super too early/too close it can leave you open :[

her dhc works well with chun/rogue/charlie and a bunch of other chars.

chun+charlie both have instant start up supers, treat soul eraser like a proton cannon when you have a framekill opportunity.

For general dhc purpose, these char can easily use tron XX instant superXXupper with morrigan.

this post is way too long for bum squad

^^^ Wow. I had to take a break halfway through. Did you get your PHD in marvel?:wgrin::lovin::clap::clap:

[media=youtube]nhxFQys3mxA[/media]

coming soon :nunchuck:

Sucks to be Doom!

haha, hey I got your name in the intro :woot: