Monty Oum's (Haloid guy) thread

…shin…shoryubump!!!

Monty’s getting pretty busy so don’t expect DF III till next year at least. Lolita Rikku and spell sword look interesting…eager to see how they both will move.

NO…DF III ain’t out yet…just putting that out there lol

Work on Afro Samurai has gone down and went into it’s final stages so he’s now working more on his own projects again. Afro Samurai looks like it’ll be cool.

Yellow Ninja Rikku:
http://montyoum.deviantart.com/art/Yellow-Ninja-105217450

THAT…is tight lol

and Gamefaqs is Gamefaqs Monty…you definitely can’t let internet idiots get to ya

O_O
Those Rikku renders are great!

Hey guys…got some surprises for ya!

Monty updated his blog awhile back and posted up 2 trailers for Dead Fantasy IV which I will provide here

Dead Fantasy IV trailer:
[media=youtube]3PyIsHetSkQ[/media]

Dead Fantasy 4 trailer:
[media=youtube]3y3jQTDyGBg[/media]

seriously…if you don’t want a spoiler for a certain character that’s going to be appearing…I’d stay away from the second trailer. I’m dead serious. I’m hyped to hell though and I’m looking forward to seeing the finish product most definitely. From the sounds of things on His blog, It sounds like He’s working on III, IV, and V simultaneously. I’m not entirely sure on that and the only person who’d be able to answer it would be Monty. If he is then he’s even more of a beast than I thought he was lol.

He’s trying to bring something to show for Anime Boston this year to talk about his techniques and production methods (wish I could be there for that) for a panel and even if he can’t completely finish it the way how he wants, he’s going to show something. So if you’re in the area and happen to be going to that show look out for him.

Hella hyped for this. Keep up the great work Monty:looney:

Here’s Dead Fantasy III, IV, and V. Shit just got real.

Dead Fantasy

Spoiler

Tifa… ;_;

[media=youtube]o1dUjDaSyzY[/media]
[media=youtube]Jf0VzRellrw&feature=channel_page[/media]
[media=youtube]gpStJIdDUiw&feature=channel_page[/media]

That shit was off the chain.

Sougoi!!! I demand more!!!

maaaan I don’t know if i wanna watch it or not…cause there’s going to be better versions at Anime Boston…GOD DAMN THIS IS KILLING ME!..FUCK IT!

Holy shit…There were so many references to other things in this…especially Soul Eater in the first fight. Shit! I’m gonna try to hold out in watching anymore…I wanna see everything in it’s true form if I can hold out.

Edit:
WARNING!
If you happen to read this post before clicking on the above youtube links be forewarned…There will be better and extended versions of these later on…so I know there are some people who will probably want to wait then. If you want to talk about what happened in the links please put spoiler tags in until the full versions come out.

Very entertaining.

That… was too epic. Good shit, Monty.

Haha, Sonichuman, we’re only human. :sad: But still, good luck on trying to wait it out.

I absolutely cannot wait for this to be released in it’s final and complete form. Any idea when Monty’s releasing them? I know Monty has a ton on his plate right now and is as busy as fuck, but he did just present DF III-V. My guess is in July or August.

If you’re reading this Monty, take as much time as you need to perfect them. =)

Thank god I subscribed to this thread like 131083092839 years ago. I knew it was going to pay off sooner or later.

Awesome. Thanks for posting those, been waiting a while for the sequels.

Monty made an update on his blog. He’s going to have updated versions at the Anime Expo and then he’s going to make some small tweeks in the following week and then release the fully finished versions to the net. Apparently the ending was changed a bit. I’m gonna still hold out until the full complete release to GT which I’m sure he’ll give them the HD versions. This will give me a chance to stock up on diapers.

http://montyoum.deviantart.com/journal/25477665/

Damn the updated versions are taking too long to get on the net.

I want a super HD version. :wow:

Ok Monty finshed going to the Con which means that within the coming weeks we’re going to get the finalized HD versions of the movies. I got my diaper stash ready lol.

Monty showed up on GT’s Invisible Walls I won’t be able to listen to it cause I gotta go to sleep so I can wake up in the morning

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-65-invisible-walls/52657

NUMBER 3 IS OUT GUYS!

Dead Fantasy III:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dead-fantasy-monty-oum/52656

Hot shit Monty I’m going to have to watch this video several times. Can’t wait for the other 2 in the following weeks.