Monkey Kung-Fu + Teenage Girls = Eileen thread

I found a video on VFDC in the Eileen boards, and I thought it’d be fun to transcribe it for you guys! While some of these combos are beginner friendly, some are a little more involved. I recommend trying these combos out on lightweights first (Eileen or El Blaze), and if you’re having trouble, refer to my notes below or feel free to ask. I’ll explain my notations and abbreviations first…

Directional/Input Notations

7 8 9 > ub u uf
4 5 6 > b n f
1 2 3 > db d df

**p **punch
**k **kick
g guard

System Notations
+ simultaneous input
_ hold direction
~ cancel
CH counterhit
OM 'offensive move’
WR while rising from jump
WD while descending from jump
b! small bound
B! large bound
BT from back-turned
ST opponent side-turned
w! low wall splat
W! high wall splat

//anything underlined is not part of the combo

Eileen-Specific Abbreviations
Zenk 236p+k
Enk 214p+k
Run 6p+k+g
**UpWari ** 8p+k+g
DownWari 2p+k+g
Goku 9p+k+g

[media=youtube]oxhJl_wcpm0[/media]

[#] **dmg **combo [notes]
[1] **60 **CH 3p~236kkk
[2] **56 **43p+k~236kkk
[3] **36 **DownWari~p~236kkk [staggers on high guard]
[4] **41 **WD~k, 6k
[5] **41 **UpWari~k, 6k
[6] **51 **CH 6p+kpp, 6k
[7] **48 **CH 3p~214k+g
[8] **66 **CH DownWari~ppp, 4p+k~214k+g [also works crouching opponents]
[9] **69 **CH 66p, 3p~236kkk
[10] **60 **46p, 6_p, 6p+kpp
[11] **70 **Zenk~p, 6_p, 43p+k (b!), 3p~214k+g
[12] **57 **66k, 6ppk
[13] **63 **9p, pp~214ppp
[14] **72 **9k+g, p3p~214ppp
[15] **81 **9k+g, pp~Zenk~k (B!), 66k (b!), 4p+k~214k+g
[16] **54 **ST CH 214ppp, 6ppk
[17] **69 **46k+g, 6p+kp~236kkk
[18] **67 **33p, 66k (b!), 4p+k~214k+g
[19] **76 **BT 8k, UpWari~ppp (b!), 3p~214k+g
[20] **68 **Run~k (w!), 66k (b!), 4p+k~214k+g
[21] **66 **9k+g (W!), 9k+g (w!), 66k, 4p+k~214k+g
[22] **85 **Goku~k (W!), 214pp~Zenk~k (B!), WR~k (w!), 66k (b!), 4p+k~214kkk
[23] **57 **CH 2_3p+k, 6ppk
[24] **56 **CH 2_3p+k~236kkk
[25] **87 **ST CH 3k, Zenk~k (B!), 66k(b!), 4p+k~214k+g

Weight Classes
Super Light Weight (SLW): Eileen = El Blaze
**Light Weight ****(**LW): Aoi < Sarah = Shun = Pai = Lion = Vanessa
Middle Weight (MW): Lau = Kage = Lei = Brad = Goh
Heavy Middle Weight (HMW): Akira = Jacky = Jean
Heavy Weight (HW): Wolf = Jeffry
Super Heavy Weight: Taka

Stances
OS open stance
CS closed stance

CS is when you and your opponent have the same lead foot. OS is when your lead foot is your opponent’s back foot.

//Go into training mode, and enter the main menu. Under Positioning Settings, you’ll find a toggle for open & closed stance.

Notes:
These combos work on everyone unless specified below. Taka is noted later.

Combo 10, doesn’t work on Vanesssa in CS.
Combo 11, doesn’t work on HMWs and HWs except Jean. To land 3p after b! input as 3_p instead.
Combo 13, doesn’t work on Jean and Jeffry in CS.
Combo 14, delay the last P for LWs and Aoi.
Combo 15, doesn’t work on HWs and on Akira in CS.
Combo 19, doesn’t work on HWs. To land 3p after b! input as 3_p instead.
Combo 20, 66k will miss sometimes. It helps to delay 66k.
Combo 22, done slightly off axis to the wall. In CS, slightly walk towards the screen. In OS, slightly walk away from the screen. The trick is to keep 214p from hitting the wall. In the video, Eileen does a 6p+g~6 throw to BT pp(wall stagger)~Goku~k, etc.
Combo 23, doesn’t work in OS for MWs, HMWs, and HWs. It helps to input g after 2_3p+k to cancel the string and continue with 6ppk.
Combo 24, doesn’t work in CS and Wolf.

// Sometimes 214k+g’s second kick will miss on longer combos (depends on OS/CS).
// I use 6_p instead of p to close distance.
// I’ve noted CH in combos only where it’s necessary. Combo 7 might be guaranteed after 6p+g~6. I have to check.

Taka notes:
Combo 7 will not knockdown. -7f disadvantage.
Combos 9 & 17, the last k will whiff.
Combos 10-15, 19, 22-24 don’t work on Taka.

Other combos I came up with while I transcribed this…
[26] 9k+g, 6p+kp~Zenk~k (B!), 66k (b!), 4p+kk or 214pk
[27] 33p (flop), OM to back, 6_p, 43p+k (b!), 4p+k~214k+g

Hope this helps!

**EDIT: **I added damage values, and I also tried to make the notation easier to read.

My friends, I will try to learn combos the old way… trying to get those by myself, and sharing with fellow Eileen players who may find improvements =). I may post a lot of videos since I got a video capture card recently.

amazing, that’s what I was going to do.

thanks Whatisalee!

So what are some of her useful pokes

I am a beginner in the VF series, so I am only posting this to perhaps spark some discussion on the subject.
Maybe an experienced Eileen player could help out.

236p at range
6P+K+G~K ( i don’t know the disadvantage its probably horrible ) or ~P near wall for follow up 236KKK
catch them in a PPP blockstring into 214P+K~P or 2P+K+G~P with 6PPK follow up on stagger. If you don’t think they will bite you can 6P+K+G into whatever or stay there and 236P/66K/9P+K+G~K and so on.
standing jab x N into 236P+K~P+G is fun
4K+G~K if pressured, after you get a jab in, seems to crush lows
9P also crushes lows but i don’t have a lot of luck with this
2K+G(?)~K this should be a half circular low into air kick if i have the input right.
i use 9K a lot to start the combo i posted earlier. I usually set it up with 6P and look for a counter hit 2P and go for the 9K or throw.
6P is strong for spacing and can follow up as 6PPK or 6PP2K (i think) or do one of her interrupts.
3PP seems safe from my experience and can look sort of ambiguously like a low attack.
46K+G(?) ( the one where she kicks them from behind her head ) seems to catch people when you’re at advantage.
back turned i usually go to 2KPP or P into throw seems to work

thanks rabbit! added Eileens video movelist to the OP.

Added some more info, some combos and BNB to the op as well (giving credit where it is due of course).

Would it be better to compile everything in the OP as people enter it? or just leave it spread out throughout the topic? I’m down for whatever.

OP with spoiler tags labeled for content is handy. It beats having to search through the thread when it gets bigger.

I’ll try to start contributing when I learn wtf I’m doing in this game.

I’m starting to wonder if, outside of combos, I’m going to just monkey around with her and see what happens. I mean, hey, I have to learn this shit for myself as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are 6P and 236P as good as I think they are? I also like 1P.

Trying to read this is hurting my head. :frowning:

Damn numbers!!!

Thank you for your post OP!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Love this thread and love the BnB’s from Hatake

that said I’m having issues online with Eileen, I’ve been doing really good today gladly and I’ve been using Eileen mainly (a little Lion) but I’m starting to have issues because I don’t know any good opening moves, unless i get lucky I’m always losing the first hit to someone, I can come back but I like to get long combos going and go for a Ring out on certain stages so that opening move is essential to my game plan on smaller stages

so any thoughts on any good high priority moves to open with? or should I start just using evade like crazy to try to get in a side strike as fast as possible?

[media=youtube]p-M-b5pPc0k[/media]

i’m going to try to do all of the combos in this thread and make a vid of them so that ppl can see them being done.

Yeah I do that one all the time, lol.
Video shows the dmg, it does [81].

I like the #19 from the combo video too.

I set it up with a standing K+G which puts me back turned (when there’s a chance to do it), then immediately do 8K.
I skip the 3p and just do 214k+g for [67] because i can’t hit 3p~214K+G for some reason.
You can also do 9P+K+G to get BT but you’re wide open.

If I hit with 214p+g~P I have been doing this one:
<214P+G~P>, 43P+K,6P+KPP for [70]

And a final random thing; after 2P+K+G~K hits you can combo 236P for [40].
If you time a 66K right from the position this leaves you at, and they do either wakeup kick attack, you will cross over them and land behind them BT at a pretty neutral advantage. (only tested on blaze).

If you can’t hit the 3p, try 4p+k~214k+g instead. After bounds I usually use 4p+kk or 214pk so I don’t have to worry about missing 214k+g’s 2nd kick.

It really depends. Guard or backdash if you’re really not sure what to do. But take note of what your opponent does in the beginning of the match. If they backdash, 3k to fish for a stagger. If they guard, use your jab to pressure or dash up throw. If they evade, delay your opening attack so you hit them during their failed evade. If they like using jab, 46p to duck under it completely. Keep in mind too that Eileen has one of the the fastest jabs in the game.

thanks for the advice yea I started using f+p (still haven’t learned VF notation) to get in because it starts a short string and I can follow up with it. though its still tough to get in with her for me but thanks again for the input :slight_smile:

EDIT: maybe this thread should integrate some of the recommended moves thats on VFDC threads on the first post?

yeah, lol thats me in the vid.

there’s so much to take in when learning this game…it feels like being in calculus class for the first time. :confused:

On this combo: 9K, P, P, 236P+K xx K (restands), 66K, 4P+K xx 214K+G

If you change the last hit to 236K+G it goes for 83 damage. Not really a big deal but if you are hitting the whole thing you never know when that extra damage will help and it does not change the difficulty at all.

match vids of my beginner eileen:

[media=youtube]zYuGX1ANvZ4[/media]
[media=youtube]H1BB7b7D56I[/media]
[media=youtube]uO9HdOF6Sd4[/media]

i don’t know her pokes at all and i don’t really know the game of vf…so…but yeah. lol. i’ll take note of rabbit’s post about her pokes and apply them in the future.

things i dont understand:
offensive move, defensive move, movement, how to block some ex moves (ex low you block high, iirc but what about the rest), etc.

help! and thanks. its like being in a foreign land with a foreign language.

One thing I discovered is OM (tap up/down, P+K+G during the sidestep) is not used to evade.
I was trying to use it at first and kept getting nailed by things.

Use DM (tap up/down) to avoid linear attacks.

Tricky at VFDC posted some combos.
I don’t want to rip the post entirely, so it’s here http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/327315/Re: Final Showdown Eileen Basi#Post327315

I like this one which was mentioned, and I saw an eileen using yesterday:
*6P+G6, P+K,P+K, PK *

Why do I keep seeing 9K+G — is it different than 9K?
ex. from tricky’s post “[FONT=tahoma]9K+G,PP,214PP236P+K,K,66K,_3P,214K+G. You can drop out the 214PP too.”[/FONT]
and combos 14,15,22 from the combo video notation in this thread.