MODOK Frame data and lab notes threads

Mv3 frames are 60 frames per second. If I don’t tell you the active frames, or frame advantage on hit/block,etc there is no data for it in the guide. If it’s a postive like “+”, frame advantage. Negative, Frame disadvantage. By all means correct me my English or mistakes.

So using that as a gauge,and using the MVC3 guide. We should probably gather some facts about MODOK from the guide, and create a thread that corrects the information from the guide or paste important notes about MODOK’s important attacks. I took some time to compare moves with other character, and I figured I’d tell you some important facts.

Normals

detail

Spoiler

Standing:l:
-Startup:7
-Active:12
-Recovery:11
-Frame Advanage on hit:-1
-Frame Advanage on block:-1

Crouching:l:
-Startup:5
-Active:6
-Recovery:10
-Frame Advanage on hit:0
-Frame Advanage on block:0

Aerial:l:
-Startup:6
-Active:until grounded
-Recovery:1

notes: Until grounded means that the moves doesn’t have a recovery until you hit the ground. Basically the move has variable because de active frames. Yes it’s a one frame recovery. It’s as amazing as it looks.

Standing:m:
-Startup:10
-Active:9
-Recovery:17
-Frame Advanage on hit:+3
-Frame Advanage on block:+3
(notes)Standing M durability points= 3 low durability points per projectile(5 in total).Ton’s of frame advantage on this move.

Crouching:m:
-Recovery:25
-Frame Advanage on block:0
(notes on the green gloop) projectile has 3 projectile points, and the puddle is active for 60 frames(one second), and the puddle is a low.

Aerial:m:
-Active:10
-Recovery16:

Standing:h:
-Startup:16
-Recovery:20
-Frame Advanage on hit:+1

Aerial:h:
-Startup:13
-Recovery:23

Crouching:h:
-Startup:15
-Recovery:21
-Frame Advanage on hit:+3
-Frame Advanage on block:-5

Aerial:s:
-Active:8

Standing:s:
-Active:12
-Recovery:22
-Frame Advanage on block:-8
notes: You can not super or special cancel this launcher.

Command Moves

----------------------------

detail

Spoiler

:f:+:h:(Wall Bounce)
-Startup:18
-Recovery:13

:d:+:f::h:(Upward H)
-Frame Advanage on hit:+18
-Frame Advanage on block:+3

Notes: The most frame advantage move that MODOK has on his arsenal.

(Barrier):b:+:h:
-Startup:30
-Recovery:15
(notes) EX barrier is active for 122 frames

(EX Barrier):b:+:s:
-Recovery:15
(notes) EX barrier is active for 184 frames

Specials

detail

Spoiler

Battering Ram
-Recovery:23
-Frame Advanage on hit:-7
-Frame Advanage on block:-7

Psionic Blaster

[spoiler=Psionic Blaster]
:l:
-Startup:12
-Active:20
-Recovery:14
-Frame Advanage on block:-4
Note: beam durability:3 frames x 3 low durability points, this is the second fastest startup beam in the game. It’s two frames faster than Magneto’s EMP Distruptor M which is 14 on the startup.

:m:
-Startup:20
-Recovery:16
beam durability:4 frames x 3 low durability points
:h:
-Startup:28
-Recovery:18
:4 frames x 5 low durability points
:s:
-Frame Advanage on block:-9
-5 frames x 5 low durability points

Anayzle Cube

Anayzle Cube

Spoiler

-Recovery:30
-Frame Advanage on hit:-5
notes all of have 1 low durability point stays active for 60 frames(a sec). The aerial frame data for these moves do not change.

Ballon Bomb

Ballon Bomb>Jamming Bomb

Spoiler

-Frame Advanage on block:+1
-Startup:40
-Startup:50
(Notes) all of them have 1 medium durability point and stay active for 181 frames. The air ballon bomb have similar startup and recovery data.

Jamming Bomb:
-Startup:50
notes: 1 medium durability point and stays active for 302(5-ish secs) frames

Flight

Flight Mechanics

Spoiler

startup=10

notes: Lasts for 300 frames(5 secs), MODOK has the fastest known command flight startup in the game. Beats Dante DT flight mode mechanics by a frame in startup, and Dante doesn’t last as long. In addition there are interesting properties about MODOK’s Flight that could change the data of this guide because of recent technology.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy4qNX0C4Uw

[/details]

Hyper Moves

detail

Spoiler

Hyper Psionic Blaster:
-Startup:10(before Flash)+(After)1
-Active:120
-Recovery:36
-Frame Advanage on block:30(doesn’t say rather it’s negative or positive frame advantage)
notes: beam durability 22 x 5 high durability points. I have no idea how high durability points with work MODOK gets more cubes. There also something odd about the mechanics of this move when it’s max charge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9RA0eESYrQ&feature=related

Hyper Battering Ram:
-Startup:4(before flash)+4(after flash)
-Active:11
-Recovery:24
Note: Safer than it actually looks.

Killer Illumination:
-Startup:18(before flash)+0(after)
-Recovery:40
Notes:Invincble frames for the grab is 1 to 24. So we can assume the invincbility frame begin by the startup, and eventually end when it’s active. So far it makes MODOK invincible before and after the flash.

Assist

detail

Spoiler

Alpha(Shield)
startup:54
recovery:107
recovery for partner:77

Beta(Bomb M)
startup:64
recovery:117
recovery for partner:87
notes: The Ballon Bomb does not have any stated durability points, it doesn’t come in contract with other projectiles. It’s active for 182 frames.

Gamma(Beam M)
startup:44
active:20
recovery:108
recovery for partner:78

Notes: The Ballon Bomb is the only assist that is different from his medium special moves.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

awesome job posting this up! Lets try and get some more MODOK technology going. I for one have been trying to work s.M into my game more. Longest range normal MODOK has, does decent block damage, great frame advantage and you can cancel into flight to keep the advantage. It just has a weird hit box sometimes whiffing small crouching characters when close and it severely prorates the damage of any combo…like really bad. Anyone else have any luck with this move?

I use it a lot on Hulk/Sent to break armored moves. I use it to link to -> C.H -> fly cancel -> IADF M or L

You are a champ ironboy!

It may also be a good idea to note that balloon bombs/blasters/air S are all hard knockdowns that the opponent cannot air recover from. They’re completely immune to hitstun decay.

The only other moves that are immune are Hyper Battering Ram and toward+H. These do not cause a hard knockdown, so the opponent can air recover, but they will always do the same hitstun no matter what (I think it’s 29 frames for towards+H?)

Air L is special, because while it is not immune, the hits are so fast and so close together that it beats hitstun decay anyway. Minimum hitstun is 4 frames, and the Air L hits every 4th frame! Standing M is the same deal… the bullets are so close together that they will always combo (it’s also why you can always do OTG c.M into L-Blaster in your combos).

Standing M just seems sooo good on paper… I really have to work it into my game, but I just brain fart and spam air S all day. lol

If you guys want to help me with some lab work, I noticed that the Hyper Psionic Blaster can create many types of knockdowns… What I said up above is true for the most part, but if you cancel it midway, it can cause "floaty"knockdowns, and I think I’ve even had people air recover? I also want to figure out why I can easily OTG after a low-cube HPB sometimes, and other times it’s basically impossible. I haven’t really explored it, but it seems like something that could really be taken advantage of?

EDIT: And someone please figure out wtf is up with the durability points on balloon bomb… Is there a single projectile in the game that doesn’t beat it? A single bullet from MODOK s.M will beat it even.

I use it solely for true/safe blockstrings because it keeps people stuck in blockstun. The bullets could still create contract with the oppotent if they try to push block. So there is enough time for assists to aid MODOK in the lockdown too. For instance, MODOK calls Cold star +IAD L(aerial Ls could seriously lock people in ablock stun. The recovery on that L is his safest move)>Standing L>Standing L>Standing M>Ammy’s cold star hits somewhere in this string>MODOK is safe, while his oppotent can not do anything.

Basic, but pretty safe blockstrings because standing M curls MODOK’s enemy in guardstun.

Since UMVC3 is coming, there will be changes to MODOK lab’s note… There will be a vanilla frame data still there, and it will be compared to UMVC3 changes. There is a lot of new changes to the system like meter gain, and even snapbacks(they are now 2 frames).
http://www.capcom-unity.com/official_capcom_blog/blog/2011/11/11/ultimate_marvel_vs_capcom_3_gets_an_ultimate_guide

We FINALLY get to learn about throw frame data(which is imporant for MODOK’s throw game), and MODOK air normals frame advantages. For fun, I’m going to double check the vanilla holy book on new changes on the layout.

Not to mention, we should post overall new changes to MODOK’s combos/normal/mobility,etc.

Just gonna post the changes in frame data/air frame data that wasn’t included. If you want a shiny new thread for this just copy and paste accordingly.

From the brady guide.

Bold = Changes/missing stuff/corrections
Normals

detail

Spoiler

Standing:l:
-Startup:7
-Active: 6 (From 12 frames)
-Recovery:11
-Frame Advanage on hit:-1

Aerial:l:
-Startup:6
-Active:until grounded
-Recovery:1
-Frame Advantage on hit +11
- Frame Advantage on block +11

Aerial:m:
-Recovery16:
-Frame Advantage on hit -5
- Frame Advantage on block -5

Aerial:h:
-Startup:16
-Frame Advantage on hit -8
- Frame Advantage on block -8

Aerial:s:
-Active:8

-Frame Advantage on hit **
- Frame Advantage on block + 18
Hard Knockdown if used in launcher combo. Ground Bounce if not.

Obviously you can cancel these air normals from/to dashes to make them + on block.

Command normals

detail

Spoiler

:f:+:h:(Wall Bounce)

**-Frame Advantage on hit **
- Frame Advantage on block + 3
Wall bounce , jump cancelable.

Specials

detail

Spoiler

:s: Psionic blast
-Frame Advantage on hit + 17
-Frame Advanage on block:-9
-5 frames x 5 low durability points

:l: Analyze Cube
** -Frame Advanage on block:0**
:m: Anal Ice Cube
** -Frame Advanage on block:0**
:h: Analysis Cube
** -Frame Advanage on hit:0**
** -Frame Advanage on block:-0**

Analysis Cubes has five fewer recovery frames. So blocked point blank cubes are safe, meaty cubes give you advantage on block. Air cubes have the same frame data.

Flight

Start up = 8

Reduced by two frames. Still the fastest start up in the game.

X-Factor Data

detail

Spoiler

Lv.1 Damage Boost 135%
Lv.2 Damage Boost 160%
Lv.3 Damage Boost 185 %

Lv.1 Speed Boost 105%
Lv.2 Speed Boost 110%
Lv 3 Speed Boost 115%

Don’t really understand the changes to MODOK’s jab, and his aerial H. His 8 frame flight and his safe cube is a buff. Especially when you can still block while you are pre-flight in the game with MODOK.

His jab stayed out for days. It’s still a good anti air, you just have to press multiple jabs if you want to consistently anti air now.

His Air H still feels the same. I guess it’s easier to super jump -> Airdash down -> J.H