MM/Sent-Y trap

I dunno how megaman can rush anyone down, no tri jump, a crappy normal jump, no overheads, slow dash, no chain combos. A smart cable or storm would just block and then counter call ast and ahvb or hail the ast or just block and run away. Megaman can not catch a runaway storm. MM/ tron or cable/ tron would get rushed down for free. if tron gets snapped in, ggpo. That team also has no good dhcs or any safe ways to get characters in besides alpha counter in cable xx ahvb which is just awful.

When I said MM can’t deal damage, I mean he doesn’t have a strong combo. Sure his hp is strong but thats 1 hp. His best combo is an air combo with a super! Pretty bad unless you try a throw reset combo which most ppl will tech mash lp/lks or roll the 2nd throw. MM/sent/capcom is the best team since capcom can stop the rushdown somewhat, and counter call asts which really helps against a lot of teams like santhrax. MM is best away from most characters which sent and capcom help accomplish. I agree with you in such that you want to “frustrate” opponents by making them come to you. Nobody is going to get hit with a hp from across the screen. You want to make characters come to you so you can capcom them and hit them with rockballs and hps and punish their asts.

When I say rush, its of course a low tier character rush, thats alot of the reason why Megaman is a mid tier character. Even mid/low tier characters with a dash or tri-jump have a limited rushdown pattern. Rush down with MM is pretty much knockdown, wavedash towards the opponent, lock down with assist and then jump at them.

Overheads = early jumping short or roundhouse(especially good on Sent)

Ground chains = stronger series

Air chain = magic series

If you force Cable and Storm to block most of the match, then obviously its better than you being forced to block against them now isn’t it? Storm can’t simply Hail for free since jumping fierce knocks her outta it. As for runaway Storm, just gotta try and get her to block or get hit by a fierce w/rockball flying around.

As for getting rushed down, very few teams DON’T get rushed down by MSP, but other than that not many teams freely try to rush MM/Cable/Tron, its mostly a wait and punish strat with most people who play against me. Obviously Tron is a mid tier character also, so it would help to be able to know how to play her as well instead of relying on the assist only, that goes without saying for every character and team you play.

My team is not meant to DHC except for HMM XX HVB if it will kill the character. And the only things bad about Counter XX AHVB is it wastes 1 meter or the chance you fuck up and either don’t get AHVB or get grounded HVB. Cable is pretty much the only character on my team that even uses meter so I’m not sure why that would be a bad thing besides that. Hell I’ve killed more people with Counter XX AHVB then HMM XX HVB.

As for damage, and I’m not even talking about combos w/Tron assist which obviously hurt regardless of what character you are using, anything MM can combo into fierces will hurt. You could simply combo jump in fierce, s roundhouse, SJ jab, short, HMM to get the most damage outta the HMM, on most characters thats about 35-40% right there. But if you do jump in fierce, s roundhouse, SJ jab, short, jab, fierce, that in itself is close to the same damage. Without supers or assists, not alot of characters do that kind of damage save for the top tier.

As for the throw reset, you can’t roll the 2nd throw if they are thrown into an assist, ie Tron.

MM/Sent/Capcom is a good team, I just prefer mine. If you ever get a chance to come down to Houston, maybe to Showdown 2k7, I’ll be happy to show you what I’m talking about.

what are some megaman/sprail/sent strategies.
"
mainly using megaman/sent. I’m thinking like a “team duc jr” (not to be confused with darkprince formerly known as duc jr.