Fast Tags:
Side by Side - b+FP, BP, FP, Tag
Ruthless - BP, BP, FP, Tag

Tag Kombos:
Soul Stealer - FP, BP, Tag
Burning Evil - b+FP, BP, Tag
B-Trade - BP, BP, Tag
Two Of A Kind - f+BK, FK, Tag

Kombos and Soul Stolen Kombos and setups, timed for 8~10 seconds (regular), and 20~ (enhanced)

Kombos

Spoiler

No corner
BP, BP, FP xx Ground Skull (medium), Ground Skull (far), Ground Skull (far) - 31% damage
BP, BP, FP xx Ground Skull (medium), Ground Skull (far), Ground Eruption, j.K - 35% damage
BP, BP, FP xx Ground Skull (medium), Ground Skull (far), Ground Eruption, Uppercut - 37% damage

Corner
BP, BP, FP xx Ground Skull (close), BP, BP, c.FK - 24%

Soul Stealing Kombos

Spoiler

BP, BP, FP xx Ground Skull (close or medium), Soul Steal - 30%
b.FP, BP, FP, BK xx Ground Eruption, Soul Steal - 25%

Post for videos

Man! Nobody wants to be bi-winning with a warlock?!

b+BP is a pretty good overhead.

ha ha

Shangs finishers
Confirmed list of unlocked 2nd Fatality inputs
2nd Fatality: D, D, B, D, 2 - (jump)
Stage: U, U, B, 1
Babality: D, B, D, 3

Teleports jack Shang’s zoning game up, and Noob looks like he can out zone Shang, Shangs crouching front kick is a pretty good normal. He also got one of the best throws in the game.

Oh my god, I came.

[media=youtube]sPW9-444XPU[/media]

I never knew Up Skulls could open up combos too. I didn’t think there was enough hit stun and I’m never close to anybody. I suppose it’s good to use in anticipation that the opponent is closing in on you and you toss that out on them for the opener. Genius work.

well just asked tom a few questions bout shang and our boy has a terrible match up against Cyber Sub…dude made it sound as if its an impossible win for Shang. lol

I can’t believe there’s no Shang Tsung love on SRK.

I think the dive kicks are what gets him in on Shang. It’s hard to zone off that kind of stuff.

Theres love its just that Shang is intimidating to them lol.

but yeah I’ve been in the Lab all this time, with Shang and haven’t got a chance to play any competition, so Ima go out to Wednesday night fight with no match up experience at all lol.

Are there any good Shang match vids floating around? So far I’ve just got this: [media=youtube]VpI5Jb6s0js[/media]. He seems rarer than Sheeva, which doesn’t bode well for his return in MK10.

And Flashy Nights,

Did I hear you say you’ve got a 51% midscreen combo using just 1 bar? I’d ask in the thread you mentioned, but apparently I forgot my testyourmight password, lol.

I think good shang tsungs won’t come around for a little while because in order to use him to the best of his ability, you have to know how to play other characters. If you can land a soul steal combo and get another combo using that person’s character, you should easily be able to do 50% between the clone and the transformation back. I messed around with him for about an hour last night having never actually played the game. But I can definitely see him getting blown up by teleports and dive kicks. Although I am curious to see if his up flames can stop the dive kicks, especially the d b up flame. I’m definitely going to check out more on him later once my buddy gets out of work.

have you seen the Shang Tsung check combo video?

@3:40
[media=youtube]sPW9-444XPU[/media]

1 bar of meter morph-less 51% combo.

Been messing around. Seems you can do each fireball into the next.
Shang can hold you in a wave of fire for as long as he has meter.
After an eruption a skull from above will intercept the guy and set up for a ground skull (close), super cool looking.

Start with any ground skull, lead it into Ground skull (far) Ground eruption, any skull from above, ground skull close (rinse repeat)

Ah, thank you for pointing that out. I thought I wrote down all the low-meter, non-character-specific combos in that vid but I somehow missed that one. Must have been really tired that night.

In check’s video he does the basic bnb into ground eruption but ends with f4 3 4 Soul Steal. I was practicing it last night and could not for the life of me get the last 4 to hit. I was practicing against kung lao, has anyone else had this problem?

For shits and giggles it seems that the recovery on shangs uppercut is so good he can start a combo with it in the corner. Just dash cancel 1. Hardly ever happens, but good to know if it does.

Edit: yeah nvm. Uppercuts can’t be dash canceled. It’s actually easier than i thought. Just tight timing. Easiest normals to use are 1 and B1. Better still is both of those recover fast enough that you can combo into just about any other normal combo from there. I suck and can so far net about 22% off of this. Again only time i see this happening would be a teleport punish, and who in the hell would teleport in on shang if his back was to the corner, but whatever…

Shang Tsung will return. He’s an essential character in the series…

But now we have all this crazy “Liu Kang is a fire god and Shang Tsung is the new thunder god” stuff to worry about.

Shang doesn’t seem to have a lot going for him in terms of a high/low mixup game. He seems quite sluggish to open up an opponent compared to characters with quick comboable low attacks like ninja slides, or hell - that god damned Liu Kang combo that I fall back on…

However I dont think this has been mentioned and can be quite useful to try and get that opening for your juggles from midscreen or corner.

f+3, 4

First hit is high, second is low but is a popup. This can be quickly combo’d in to a soul steal or of course a simple ground ball juggle.

Quick low damage combos:
f+3, 4 , hcb+3 – Low popup soul steal - 14%
f+3, 4 , qcb-4, qcf-4, qcf-4 – Low popup ground ball juggle - 27% damage

This one requires a bar of meter but can be chained in to other attacks with timing. Watch the combo videos for an idea of the options available to you when the opponent is on the rebound towards you.

Requires one bar of meter Can be chained in to other combos for more damage
f+3, 4, qcb-4, qcf-4, ex ground ball – 30% damage

Hope those simple little things help someone out there.

Also, it would be quite cool if someone could clarify the conditions for the “Damage Boost” that comes up occasionally on a soul steal?

oh boy, F+3(shang´s magic ankle) stuffs A LOT of wakeup moves(even after rolling out)
i might post a video of it later

^looking forward to it.

Flashy, how do you time the uppercut after EX ground ball so the opponent lands behind you? I finally got around to trying this combo out and I just can’t get it.